• Last Reply
Fiona Apple
38 minutes ago, Yanko said:

yes

and im glad shes finally over

0 talent  

lmao if selena is over then what is gaga doing

StrawberryBlond

Definitely flopping for her standards. Her last era made her a big name and now it's like she's faltering with this new style. It's a highly experimental song for any popstar's standards. It's highly experimental for anyone's standards. Especially for a lead single. It doesn't seem designed to do well in the charts so I don't know what her or her label's intention is. All her lead singles as a complete soloist (that is, without The Scene), have gone top ten, peaking at either #5 or #6. All but one of the singles from her last album went top ten. So, yes, a lead single from her follow-up album only peaking at #20 after several weeks and doing worse worldwide is a flop in this situation (until further notice). The video is certainly drawing attention to it again which will contribute to its US chart position, so who knows? But for now, it's a flop.

3 hours ago, IAmDavid said:

Winning. Gaga managed to get a top ten single this era which is more than Selena's done. Her album has also sold nearly 1.4 million copies worldwide whereas Selena hasn't even released hers yet. And considering that both her solo albums combined have only sold roughly 820k in the US, it's well established that she isn't an album seller. She also doesn't have the international clout that Gaga has. I don't know why you felt the need to make that comparison.

Fiona Apple
16 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Winning. Gaga managed to get a top ten single this era which is more than Selena's done. Her album has also sold nearly 1.4 million copies worldwide whereas Selena hasn't even released hers yet. And considering that both her solo albums combined have only sold roughly 820k in the US, it's well established that she isn't an album seller. She also doesn't have the international clout that Gaga has. I don't know why you felt the need to make that comparison.

Gaga managed to have a top 10 only because she performed her (already HUGELY promoted song) on the superbowl. Bad Liar has gotten 0 promotion except of the video and it just hit top 20 and is still growing.. Btw sales do not really matter anymore. What matters is the total sps. Just because Gaga has an older fanbase that still buys albums,doesn't mean that we need to focus only on that instead of being a bit objective. 

Selena's last era had 3 big hits that each of them was many times more successful than Million Reasons and without as much promo. And even the 4th single was worldwidely more successful than MR and had 0 promo except of a mediocre video. The album went Platinum in the US and many more countries (Joanne isn't even platinum in the US yet.) And even had a higher metascore than Joanne.

Then her collabs like We Don't Talk Anymore and It Ain't Me also smashed more than anything Gaga has released in the last 5 years.

And now she released 1 song that is not really that radio-friendly for 2017 and is still doing pretty good and hit the top 20 already.

Give me a break sister. Gaga is obviously a bigger artist overall but Selena has been A LOT more relevant in the last years

And btw I made the comparison to prove how insanely stupid it is to pretend that an artist is over when he is actually doing a lot better than your fave

38 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Definitely flopping for her standards. Her last era made her a big name and now it's like she's faltering with this new style. It's a highly experimental song for any popstar's standards. It's highly experimental for anyone's standards. Especially for a lead single. It doesn't seem designed to do well in the charts so I don't know what her or her label's intention is. All her lead singles as a complete soloist (that is, without The Scene), have gone top ten, peaking at either #5 or #6. All but one of the singles from her last album went top ten. So, yes, a lead single from her follow-up album only peaking at #20 after several weeks and doing worse worldwide is a flop in this situation (until further notice). The video is certainly drawing attention to it again which will contribute to its US chart position, so who knows? But for now, it's a flop.

Just wanted to let you know that apparently Bad Liar is supposed to be a buzz single, so it's not a lead :poot: But it's climbing, so I think it might go top 10 like her other singles.

SlayGagaloo
4 hours ago, IAmDavid said:

Most-watched Halftime Show performance / getting an Oscar nomination / headlining Coachella.. .

You know, things that Selena can't even Dream about achieving

I don't see anyone shading Beyoncé (for example) for not having an actual hit since Telephone?! 

I'm glad Gaga doesn't jump on tracks with any relevant DJ/Rapper to score a hit 

Just check the Top10 on BB100 the week MR charted and you'll easily understand why a Ballad like MR needed big exposure to become a hit (this and the radio cunts refusing to play it). It still reached 1 million pure sales, more than big hits like It Ain't Meh 

And if you're going to bring up the discount (btw it hasn't been discounted for a long time now) then the majority of big hits were discounted at a certain point, but Ofcourse people will only drag Gaga... 

Over.

Fiona Apple
5 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Most-watched Halftime Show performance / getting an Oscar nomination / headlining Coachella.. .

You know, things that Selela can't even Dream about achieving

I don't see anyone shading Beyoncé (for example) for not having an actual hit since Telephone?! 

I'm glad Gaga doesn't jump on tracks with any relevant DJ/Rapper to score a hit 

Just check the Top10 on BB100 the week MR charted and you'll easily understand why a Ballad like MR needed big exposure to become a hit (this and the radio cunts refusing to play it). It still reached 1 million pure sales, more than big hits like It Ain't Meh 

And if you're going to bring up the discount (btw it hasn't been discount for a long time now) then the majority of big hits were discounted at a certain point, but Ofcourse people will only drag Gaga... 

Gaga's latest single aka The Cure is one of the most generic uninteresting trend following tracks of the year. You can listen to it on youtube. 

Beyonce truly has no recent hits but that's only because she doesn't try to have any hits. The fact that half of Lemonade's tracks debuted inside the top 20 shows that she doesn't have a problem. Her massive album sales & her huge star power & critical acclaim are enough for her.

Oscars/Superbowl/Coachella don't show that Gaga is relevant.They show that she has a big star power (Which I never doubted). On Superbowl and Coachella she 90% sang songs that were released from 2008 to 2011.. And the oscar nominated song (even though it is an achievement) was a huge commercial failure. So no,none of these prove her relevance

Is Gaga over? Of course not. Is she more relevant than Selena? Also not

HolyFool

Bad liar is a bad song.....end of story. I listened to the preview on iTunes and couldn't even finish that.

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, IAmDavid said:

Gaga managed to have a top 10 only because she performed her (already HUGELY promoted song) on the superbowl. Bad Liar has gotten 0 promotion except of the video and it just hit top 20 and is still growing.. Btw sales do not really matter anymore. What matters is the total sps. Just because Gaga has an older fanbase that still buys albums,doesn't mean that we need to focus only on that instead of being a bit objective. 

Selena's last era had 3 big hits that each of them was many times more successful than Million Reasons and without as much promo. And even the 4th single was worldwidely more successful than MR and had 0 promo except of a mediocre video. The album went Platinum in the US and many more countries (Joanne isn't even platinum in the US yet.) And even had a higher metascore than Joanne.

Then her collabs like We Don't Talk Anymore and It Ain't Me also smashed more than anything Gaga has released in the last 5 years.

And now she released 1 song that is not really that radio-friendly for 2017 and is still doing pretty good and hit the top 20 already.

Give me a break sister. Gaga is obviously a bigger artist overall but Selena has been A LOT more relevant in the last years

And btw I made the comparison to prove how insanely stupid it is to pretend that an artist is over when he is actually doing a lot better than your fave

Most artists have to promote to sell. This isn't something limited to the under-performing. I was just saying the other day how it's so typical that promoting a song and getting a hit from it is now seen as a sign that you're desperate. This was a the biggest downside to Beyonce doing these surprise releases with no proper singles. It means every artist is now compared to her even though they're not using the same tactics, hence, shouldn't be compared. It blows my mind that anyone who views Gaga's sudden hit in this way is still on this site. This is the kind of thing you say when you hate an artist and are looking for any minute way to bring them down. Not for one who is a part of a fansite dedicated to said artist. And I never said that streaming doesn't matter. But when you're comparing a 31 year old artist who tends to look older than she is who makes mature, boderline experimental music with a 24 year old artist who looks younger than she is who makes generic music of the moment...it just doesn't correlate. Selena gets radio play and single sales because she's young and has lots of young fans. Young fans are famous for buying everything from their fave and aggressively supporting them online in ways that older artists with older fans simply do not.

Here's something else though....most of the world has not heard of Selena, but they've heard of Gaga. I can assure you that the majority of people don't care know or care about Selena in the UK, or any other Disney star for that matter. Artists like her have never been a big deal here. Look at worldwide sales of her work for reference. It's the same worldwide. There's a reason she keeps most of her attention on the US. It's the only place where she truly matters. If you say Lady Gaga anywhere in the world, most people will know who you're talking about. Not so if you say Selena Gomez. She may have been more relevant in the last few years but only to US audiences.

And I said to prove how it's illogical to say that an artist whose last album sold less than Joanne and has just released one single from their new era is somehow having more success right now.

57 minutes ago, SinnersVenus said:

Just wanted to let you know that apparently Bad Liar is supposed to be a buzz single, so it's not a lead :poot: But it's climbing, so I think it might go top 10 like her other singles.

Yeah, that's what they all say when their lead single flops. Nowadays, artists don't make music videos for buzz singles. Gaga doing one for John Wayne was the exception, not the rule. The industry doesn't have the money to put into videos that aren't even going to mean anything. Lead singles nearly always mysteriously become buzz singles when they flop. If they're intended to be buzz singles, why is the artist never honest about their intentions upon release?

51 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

Gaga's latest single aka The Cure is one of the most generic uninteresting trend following tracks of the year. You can listen to it on youtube. 

Beyonce truly has no recent hits but that's only because she doesn't try to have any hits. The fact that half of Lemonade's tracks debuted inside the top 20 shows that she doesn't have a problem. Her massive album sales & her huge star power & critical acclaim are enough for her.

Oscars/Superbowl/Coachella don't show that Gaga is relevant.They show that she has a big star power (Which I never doubted). On Superbowl and Coachella she 90% sang songs that were released from 2008 to 2011.. And the oscar nominated song (even though it is an achievement) was a huge commercial failure. So no,none of these prove her relevance

Doesn't matter what you think about the song. If we're talking about streaming, like you've just put so much importance on, it has over 700 million streams worldwide despite no promo.

See, I don't take that excuse for Beyonce. She cannot be excluded from the world of competitive singles just because she thinks she's better than everyone else and thinks she's too good to flop. I hold everyone to the same standard. And if this is what you believe, why can't Gaga's album sales and acclaim be enough for her? Why do you put such a double standard on Beyonce?

Relevancy and star power are interconnected. No one can see you have star power if you have no relevancy. She wouldn't be asked to do these things if she weren't relevant. At the SB, everyone sings a medley of their biggest hits, including Beyonce. Why are you being so unnecessarily fair to Gaga while giving a free pass to everyone else? Gaga was likely just springboarding off the success of the SB with Coachella so wanted to do more reminders of her old songs and since it was a last minute replacement, it was understandable why she'd just rely on ones she was used to. And considering she was one of the biggest topics of the Oscars, she was very relevant there.

Is Selena more relevant than Gaga in the US? Yes. Worldwide? No. I don't understand why Americans act like their country is the only one that matters instead of focusing on the bigger picture. If you're just going to bring Gaga down, why are you here? Such thoughts on a fansite should really be kept to yourself.

Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Most artists have to promote to sell. This isn't something limited to the under-performing. I was just saying the other day how it's so typical that promoting a song and getting a hit from it is now seen as a sign that you're desperate. This was a the biggest downside to Beyonce doing these surprise releases with no proper singles. It means every artist is now compared to her even though they're not using the same tactics, hence, shouldn't be compared. It blows my mind that anyone who views Gaga's sudden hit in this way is still on this site. This is the kind of thing you say when you hate an artist and are looking for any minute way to bring them down. Not for one who is a part of a fansite dedicated to said artist. And I never said that streaming doesn't matter. But when you're comparing a 31 year old artist who tends to look older than she is who makes mature, boderline experimental music with a 24 year old artist who looks younger than she is who makes generic music of the moment...it just doesn't correlate. Selena gets radio play and single sales because she's young and has lots of young fans. Young fans are famous for buying everything from their fave and aggressively supporting them online in ways that older artists with older fans simply do not.

Here's something else though....most of the world has not heard of Selena, but they've heard of Gaga. I can assure you that the majority of people don't care know or care about Selena in the UK, or any other Disney star for that matter. Artists like her have never been a big deal here. Look at worldwide sales of her work for reference. It's the same worldwide. There's a reason she keeps most of her attention on the US. It's the only place where she truly matters. If you say Lady Gaga anywhere in the world, most people will know who you're talking about. Not so if you say Selena Gomez. She may have been more relevant in the last few years but only to US audiences.

And I said to prove how it's illogical to say that an artist whose last album sold less than Joanne and has just released one single from their new era is somehow having more success right now.

Yeah, that's what they all say when their lead single flops. Nowadays, artists don't make music videos for buzz singles. Gaga doing one for John Wayne was the exception, not the rule. The industry doesn't have the money to put into videos that aren't even going to mean anything. Lead singles nearly always mysteriously become buzz singles when they flop. If they're intended to be buzz singles, why is the artist never honest about their intentions upon release?

Doesn't matter what you think about the song. If we're talking about streaming, like you've just put so much importance on, it has over 700 million streams worldwide despite no promo.

See, I don't take that excuse for Beyonce. She cannot be excluded from the world of competitive singles just because she thinks she's better than everyone else and thinks she's too good to flop. I hold everyone to the same standard. And if this is what you believe, why can't Gaga's album sales and acclaim be enough for her? Why do you put such a double standard on Beyonce?

Relevancy and star power are interconnected. No one can see you have star power if you have no relevancy. She wouldn't be asked to do these things if she weren't relevant. At the SB, everyone sings a medley of their biggest hits, including Beyonce. Why are you being so unnecessarily fair to Gaga while giving a free pass to everyone else? Gaga was likely just springboarding off the success of the SB with Coachella so wanted to do more reminders of her old songs and since it was a last minute replacement, it was understandable why she'd just rely on ones she was used to. And considering she was one of the biggest topics of the Oscars, she was very relevant there.

Is Selena more relevant than Gaga in the US? Yes. Worldwide? No. I don't understand why Americans act like their country is the only one that matters instead of focusing on the bigger picture. If you're just going to bring Gaga down, why are you here? Such thoughts on a fansite should really be kept to yourself.

You literally did not make one single valid point in such a huge post.

1)I never said that it's bad to promote in order to get a hit.But it's obvious that it's a bigger achievement to get a hit without trying so hard for it to happen.

2)I am not really the one that mentioned Beyonce in the first place. I just explained why I don't view her as irrelevant to the person that mentioned her.

3)I love and appreciate Gaga and I love this forum as well but that doesn't mean I am going to be delusional or biased about her. I NEVER said that it's not logical that Gaga is less relevant than Selena (based on her style of music/her appearance and her age),I simply stated that she is less relevant which is something that I don't see you doubting anymore :rip:

4)Actually even in the UK that you claim that Selena is irrelevant,her sales have been recently a lot better than Gaga's. Every single she has released since the Revival Era has been silver or gold in the UK when it has been pretty hard for Gaga since 2013 to get a silver certification there. (The Cure surprisingly did it though). More people know Gaga's name and that't because of her PAST. Gaga has a bigger career/achievements than Selena and that's why more people know her. I never doubted that. But having a big name doesn't make you relevant. Madonna is more known than both Gaga and Selena but she is a lot less relevant than both of them.

5)I proved to you that Revival was more successful than Joanne single-wise and album-wise so I am not going to continue this.

6)Selena said that Bad Liar is her lead single recently I think :rip: But the album is going to be a lot differnet.. You can't say that a song that was released 7 weeks ago and is literally still peaking is flopping :rip: It's still raising on the radio,it's strong on itunes and spotify. 

7)What has 700m streams without promo? 

8)You are ****ing contradicting yourself. You said that it's not fair to compare other artists with Bey because she uses a different tactic and now you say that Beyonce should be judged as well for not having hits :rip: Sweety Gaga doesn't have really big album sales or huge acclaim. Lemonade has sold in the US (real sales) more than Joanne has sold worldwide (SPS). Lemonade has over 90 on metacritic. Joanne has 67 or something. The media and people go crazy about Beyonce,they are lukewarm about Gaga. See the difference?

9)Star power and legacy are not related with relevance IN ANY WAY..  People that are relevant are people that are still actually building their image and legacy. For Gaga this is a lot lower than it is for Selena. I never said that Gaga is irrelevant or forgotten. I never said that. I said that she is less relevant that Selena. When you are being asked to participate in big things because of your huge past,that doesn't make you actually relevant. Btw Beyonce sang a lot of "4" on her superbowl despite the album being her least commercially successful.

10)I am not a Gaga hater and Selena is not less relevant than Gaga in any country of the world :rip: (almost). The fact that we are on a Gaga fanpage doesn't mean that we have to support her like blind sheeps sweety. I am not here to bring Gaga down,I just can't see people bringing other artists down when they 1)don't deserve it (like Gaga doesn't deserves it) 2)they are actually doing better commercially than Gaga. Btw I am not even American

brit4ever
2 hours ago, IAmDavid said:

Spill some tea :tea: 

brit4ever
1 hour ago, IAmDavid said:

some more tea :tea: 

brit4ever

"Bad Liar" is more successful than anything released by Gaga since 2013. If you think it is a flop, idk what Gaga is. Sadly, Gaga's relevance has dropped dramatically in the past 4-5 years. She went way too fast from "the biggest name in the industry" to "a hasbeen". Selena is way more relevant nowadays, considering they started at the same time (late 00s).

Luke78619

I still haven't even heard it 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Archived