Gaga's work has been generic since The Fame Monster

I was one of the first to defend Melodrama in this thread but really? :rip:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
10 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

Why is he stating his opinion as if it's a fact? You can't argue that Lorde incorporates clever wordplay, metaphors, and heartfelt lyrics into her work whilst Gaga rhymes “thin" with “grin" in an analog song and he's calling her work “basic" but Gaga's work has been generic since The Fame Monster. Don't be coming at me with that attitude just because you're mad that I called you out on your tomfoolery not too long ago. Take your ass somewhere because like I said before nobody asked for your irrelevant opinion if you're not bringing anything incisive to the table.

Both Lorde and Gaga are great in their own respects, but you can't downplay Joanne and Gaga's discography like that. 

I mean, these are just a few lines that I think are particularly amazing:

"Nothing's too cool
To take me from you
New York is not just a tan that you'll never lose
Love is the new denim or black
Skeleton guns are wedding bells in the attic
Get Ginger ready climb to El Camino front
Won't poke holes in the seats with my heels cause that's
Where we make love"

---------------------------------------

"I've overheard your theory 'nostalgia's for geeks'
I guess sir, if you say so, some of us just like to read
One second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me
Pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture in me"

"I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby I just need one good one to stay"

Gaga does a great job at incorporating metaphors, pop culture references, and heartfelt lyrics just as much as Lorde does. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

KyliesChild
4 minutes ago, jinko said:

1. Aren't you the gurl who was so good with dictionaries? Look up opinion and fact. Maybe you'll realise how dumb your post was :sharon: (Or maybe you won't since... You're that girl :sharon:)

2. tenor.gif

Me, mad? Over GGD? I don't think I take this thing as seriously as you but... :sharon: Also, I come for you because you spill stupid b.llsh.t honey, I'm sorry.

Maybe how you realize how dumb you look as if what I stared is a fact. Both of them are different artists so comparing them is stupid. If you can elaborate on why something is better and can argue against it more than arguing against it you should revise your opinion. If @fede ARTPOP said that a song is better than another song you don't see a problem with it but by me....who's asking a QUESTION is making it seem as if I'm stating it as a fact then you're just pressed because you realized how subpar her lyrics are. Bullshit tea? Is that why you were lurking on the thread hours after I commented and you couldn't utter a word? I advise you to look up what a forum is (and I advise @bliaz and others in this thread too) because nobody is explaining their stances and that is what you should be doing if you're going to be discussing something that shouldn't even be discussed. 

Cerny
3 minutes ago, fede ARTPOP said:

We talking about Pop music,, not poetry books. }

yaVE8M.gif

They're not mutually exclusive. Someone has to reinvent pop music.

7 minutes ago, fede ARTPOP said:

Hello, critics hate Gaga. 

yaVE8M.gif

They don't, most of them critic her music accordingly.

Jenina

You can't really use sales to compare the better song/album anymore as you can see by some of the stuff that leads the Billboard charts nowadays. Personally, I find Melodrama to be the best album of the 3 coming from someone who started stanning Gaga due to Joanne(Million Reasons in particular). You all can like what you like I really don't care but I don't think comparing sales is a good way to prove it's better.

cool

KyliesChild
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Both Lorde and Gaga are great in their own respects, but you can't downplay Joanne and Gaga's discography like that. 

I mean, these are just a few lines that I think are particularly amazing:

"Nothing's too cool
To take me from you
New York is not just a tan that you'll never lose
Love is the new denim or black
Skeleton guns are wedding bells in the attic
Get Ginger ready climb to El Camino front
Won't poke holes in the seats with my heels cause that's
Where we make love"

"I've overheard your theory 'nostalgia's for geeks'
I guess sir, if you say so, some of us just like to read
One second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me
Pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture in me"

"I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby I just need one good one to stay"

Gaga does a great job at incorporating metaphors, pop culture references, and heartfelt lyrics just as much as Lorde does. 

I'm talking about Joanne and not Born This Way and ARTPOP and those particular songs that are allegedly better than “any song on Melodrama" because first of all this comparison is stupid because they are different artists with different approaches to how they interpret music. I respect Gaga as an artist but as a lyricist she needs tremendous improvement and that's all I'm saying. 

Bette Davis

I really enjoy Lorde's new album, but it's like some of you are trying to make me hate her with your comments :rip: 

Her album is great, but like calm down.. it's not the second coming of Jesus or something :toofunny:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Reality
1 minute ago, Skai Jackson said:

I'm talking about Joanne and not Born This Way and ARTPOP and those particular songs that are allegedly better than “any song on Melodrama" because first of all this comparison is stupid because they are different artists with different approaches to how they interpret music. I respect Gaga as an artist but as a lyricist she needs tremendous improvement and that's all I'm saying. 

Joanne has some pretty profound lyrics though. Come to Mama, granted it's not all original work, but still; Sinner's Prayer; Angel Down; Million Reasons; Diamond Heart; A-YO. I mean, Joanne, in terms of songwriting and lyrics, is pretty incredible. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

sipthistea

Some of you who claim that Lorde is so fantastic and that she's better than "Basic Gaga" should leave to LordeDaily tbh. It's annoying to read these comments trying to belittle Gaga's work. :madge:

KyliesChild
12 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I was one of the first to defend Melodrama in this thread but really? :rip:

There hasn't been much thought into her work as much as she did during those times and that is a factor in why Gaga's decline occurred. If you're going to make witty, satirical lyrics it should be executed to the point that the listener shouldn't question her work. Gaga's work isn't polished anymore and that's why there's a plethora of difficulties when it comes to the mixing and mastering of some of her songs. She doesn't encompass a passion in storytelling and songs like “Sinners Prayer" are only great in that aspect because of Father John Misty. There are no intellectual lyrics and if Gaga tries to incorporate that into her songs it delves into a river of pretentiousness which is unappealing to a large demographic. If Gaga lost what made her music so great in her career then it isn't anything special to me in my opinion. 

OMG, this thread is a mess already.

Abandon.gif 

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes

KyliesChild
Just now, sipthistea said:

Some of you who claim that Lorde is so fantastic and that she's better than "Basic Gaga" should leave to LordeDaily tbh. It's annoying to read these comments trying to belittle Gaga's work. :madge:

Belittling her work? I'm acknowledging the difficulties in her songs, and liking her songs without mentioning those things is being a better fan than someone who enjoys her work because her name is stamped on it. She's a beautiful singer, and if you can't handle a different opinion then why are you on a forum? Why is it ok to call Lorde's work “basic" without saying why you think in that certain way? I'm not even a Lorde fan but her work is undermined her and it's not as if Gaga's work is exceptional unlike how so many people here make it out to be. :oprah:

fede ARTPOP
2 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

There hasn't been much thought into her work as much as she did during those times and that is a factor in why Gaga's decline occurred. If you're going to make witty, satirical lyrics it should be executed to the point that the listener shouldn't question her work. Gaga's work isn't polished anymore and that's why there's a plethora of difficulties when it comes to the mixing and mastering of some of her songs. She doesn't encompass a passion in storytelling and songs like “Sinners Prayer" are only great in that aspect because of Father John Misty. There are no intellectual lyrics and if Gaga tries to incorporate that into her songs it delves into a river of pretentiousness which is unappealing to a large demographic. If Gaga lost what made her music so great in her career then it isn't anything special to me in my opinion. 

She just need her ultimate team, RedOne, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow. 

tenor.gif

đŸ–€ C H R O M A T I C A đŸ–€

fede ARTPOP
1 minute ago, bliaz said:

OMG, this thread is a mess already.

Abandon.gif 

tenor.gif

đŸ–€ C H R O M A T I C A đŸ–€

KyliesChild
6 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Joanne has some pretty profound lyrics though. Come to Mama, granted it's not all original work, but still; Sinner's Prayer; Angel Down; Million Reasons; Diamond Heart; A-YO. I mean, Joanne, in terms of songwriting and lyrics, is pretty incredible. 

Gaga speaks from the heart in those songs but I just want to hear more intellect into her work again and I was expecting that once she released Perfect Illusion and incorporated the Golden ratio and those songs you've listed are my favorites from the album but lyrically they aren't anything special especially comparing to other great artists. 

Archived