💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Pop or Not?

Reality

Pop or Not?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Gaga's going to return to her "pop roots" or venture off into other genres (i.e. Joanne)?

• Pop
    • Other genres (i.e. Joanne)

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, M Monstre said:

I know they're not the same type of pop, because music's obviously evolved. But for their times, they were both pop songs. Does that make sense? Sorry if it's a bit confusing. 

TC is a song that just hopped on the current trend and has really basic lyrics.

TFM was an album which set a trend, has amazing lyrics (rather unusual, I'd say. But that's what makes it special) and great pop hooks which definitely worked.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

TC is a song that just hopped on the current trend and has really basic lyrics.

TFM was an album which set a trend, has amazing lyrics (rather unusual, I'd say. But that's what makes it special) and great pop hooks which definitely worked.

That doesn't really addess what I was saying, but okay.. They're both different and unique in their own ways, but they're still pop songs/abums.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

That doesn't really addess what I was saying, but okay.. They're both different and unique in their own ways, but they're still pop songs/abums.

Okay then, I guess I'll go with 'pop'. :D

But not one who jumps on the current trend :ph34r:

HOTNebraskaGuy

Well the next album she'll be on (ASIB Soundtrack) we already know will be a combination of both. Which I think will be perfect for each side of the spectrum.

One, five, ten lay a million on me

MaryJaneHolland
5 minutes ago, bionic said:

I'm waiting for my disco album :neyde: 

We all are hunty

giphy.gif

Damon

I think you mean pure pop as dance music

And no, I think we all know, even Gags, she's not a mainstream act anymore so I want her to explore new genres

... and now i just sit in silence.

display name

The next solo studio album will most likely be a pop album because her own albums have all been like that so far. I think we can expect it to be more like Joanne and less like The Fame or ARTPOP. My guess is that she prefers to make pop music that's inspired by country, rock, and folk as opposed to pop music that's inspired by electronic and dance, so if she were to have her way, I think we'd get more pop music that's less inspired by genres that rely on electronic instrumentation.

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, Garr said:

My guess is that she prefers to make pop music that's inspired by country, rock, and folk as opposed to pop music that's inspired by electronic and dance,

She has only 1 pop album inspired by country-rock, while 4 inspired by electronic music. I wouldn't really say she "prefers" country/rock/folk :sweat:

display name
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

She has only 1 pop album inspired by country-rock, while 4 inspired by electronic music. I wouldn't really say she "prefers" country/rock/folk :sweat:

This might be a bit lengthy. I just wanna explain where I'm coming from in assuming Gaga's preference.

I just don't believe that she began making electronic music because that's what she wanted to do. She wanted success, so she compromised. I feel like Joanne is closer to the music she made before The Fame. In other words, it's more consistent with the music she was able to make freely as an unsigned artist. I feel like most of The Fame and The Fame Monster sound the way they do because of things that were outside of Gaga's control, like how she was set by her label to work with RedOne in the beginning.

Even though Born This Way was very much electronic, she talked about how certain songs were inspired by Bruce Springsteen and Kiss. As for ARTPOP, Gaga said she would cry at her piano while making the album, thinking she was too good for that "****." I think that if she always had full creative control over her music, her first four albums would all sound quite different.

And yeah, I don't have any reason to believe that Joanne isn't everything that Gaga wanted it to be.

Lucas

The snippets of songs we heard from the ASIB Soundtrack all seem to be very pop (and I believe the soundtracks from the movie will be part of a full album, not just a soundtracks EP), so I'll say pop

Archived