Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour in Wake of Terrorist Bombing

junolxf

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
22 hours ago, Whispering said:

I was agreeing with opinions that agreed with mine on this matter. Most people here do give likes to comments that match up with the way of they are thinking or that they agree with. 

When they say something negative about someone else, you should perhaps refrain from liking it, it sends the wrong message. It's supporting someone being brought down. I've said this to you more than once before but you keep doing it even though you know it annoys me. I think at this point that you're doing it specifically because you know it gets to me. At least when I told another member that I didn't like this, they stopped doing it. I don't do this to you. A bit of mutual respect wouldn't go amiss.

22 hours ago, Benji said:

@StrawberryBlond

She's literally devestated. Can you imagine hearing stories of the children that came to see your show not going home that night or having shrapnel pulled out of their faces by families who were missing members unsure of whether they were dead or led somewhere injured? We don't need to know who called to put an end to the show, this is a stupid thing to pick at during a time like this.

Putting a stop to the remainder of the British shows is one thing but stopping the entire tour, even though there's only a few more dates in very different parts of the world where it didn't happen seems a bit much.

21 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I don't think the tour would've been a huge draw, and a lot of people might try to scalp tickets due to fear. It might be irrational, and the chance of another attack happening might be next to zero, but I think rescheduling it or just cancelling it altogether might be the best decision for Ariana. 

Well, it's not so much the money it would make, rather it's about performing for the fans. Gaga kept going even after terrorist threats at the Jakarta date resulted in cancellation. Obviously, nothing happened, so it's a bit different, but it was planned to. It didn't make sense to stop the entire tour when there were other parts of the world to go to where such issues wouldn't be present. And she can hardly reschedule it as I believe her next album is all done and set to go almost as soon as this tour is over. And even if she did reschedule it, when would be the appropriate time to rebook? Is there ever going to be a good time? How do you measure these things? And her next date is Paris, so why should she be allowed to perform there considering all the attacks that happened there recently? How soon is too soon to be performing there? See, when you start limiting where you can go based on these things, you end up not going anywhere. I just think the idea of depriving her fans worldwide for something that happened in Britain is taking it a bit far. I'm sure if this was one of the first dates and she still had her American leg to go, there is no way she would have been allowed to cancel. But because it's only the rest of Europe and some Asian countries and Oceanian cities, they're maybe seen as lesser and not as important to cancel on. I don't mean to be insensitive when I say that, it could be a genuine way that her management is looking at it. Not saying it will happen, but we'll see.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

When they say something negative about someone else, you should perhaps refrain from liking it, it sends the wrong message. It's supporting someone being brought down. I've said this to you more than once before but you keep doing it even though you know it annoys me. I think at this point that you're doing it specifically because you know it gets to me. At least when I told another member that I didn't like this, they stopped doing it. I don't do this to you. A bit of mutual respect wouldn't go amiss.

Putting a stop to the remainder of the British shows is one thing but stopping the entire tour, even though there's only a few more dates in very different parts of the world where it didn't happen seems a bit much.

Well, it's not so much the money it would make, rather it's about performing for the fans. Gaga kept going even after terrorist threats at the Jakarta date resulted in cancellation. Obviously, nothing happened, so it's a bit different, but it was planned to. It didn't make sense to stop the entire tour when there were other parts of the world to go to where such issues wouldn't be present. And she can hardly reschedule it as I believe her next album is all done and set to go almost as soon as this tour is over. And even if she did reschedule it, when would be the appropriate time to rebook? Is there ever going to be a good time? How do you measure these things? And her next date is Paris, so why should she be allowed to perform there considering all the attacks that happened there recently? How soon is too soon to be performing there? See, when you start limiting where you can go based on these things, you end up not going anywhere. I just think the idea of depriving her fans worldwide for something that happened in Britain is taking it a bit far. I'm sure if this was one of the first dates and she still had her American leg to go, there is no way she would have been allowed to cancel. But because it's only the rest of Europe and some Asian countries and Oceanian cities, they're maybe seen as lesser and not as important to cancel on. I don't mean to be insensitive when I say that, it could be a genuine way that her management is looking at it. Not saying it will happen, but we'll see.

I agreed with their opinion. That's the bottom line. Maybe you should stop telling people what comments to like. No, what I'm doing is liking comments that I agree with. Sorry that you are over sensitive about likes on comments. I don't really notice who likes or dislikes comments, I've got better things to do, tbh. 

Benji
15 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Your lack of empathy is disturbing. This has affected her and she can do what she needs to do to heal.

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, Whispering said:

I agreed with their opinion. That's the bottom line. Maybe you should stop telling people what comments to like. No, what I'm doing is liking comments that I agree with. Sorry that you are over sensitive about likes on comments. I don't really notice who likes or dislikes comments, I've got better things to do, tbh. 

I have a right to voice my opinion if I feel like someone's getting at me. It's easy to notice who's liked a comment when someone has quoted what I have to say, so I read it and as I finish it, my eye catches who's liked it at the bottom and if there's 1-3 names there, it's difficult to miss. And I can't help but see a pattern forming. You never like anything positive said about it, all negative. Ever stop to think: "Look, I've liked a lot of negative stuff about her for the time being. Maybe I should just stop doing it for a while lest I get accused of bullying." For someone insinutating that I'm lacking empathy about the topic at hand, you sure seem to lack some yourself. I know I was sure raised to believe that if your actions are annoying/hurting someone, you should stop doing it.

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Your lack of empathy is disturbing. This has affected her and she can do what she needs to do to heal.

Well, that really one hell of an assumption you've made about me. That phrase just shows you do not know me at all since almost everything that I ever fight for politically is based on empathy. Just because someone has a different way of looking at things doesn't mean that they're not being empathetic. There's more than one way to show these feelings.

Michelle

Oh FFS 🙈 

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

Benji
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, that really one hell of an assumption you've made about me. That phrase just shows you do not know me at all since almost everything that I ever fight for politically is based on empathy. Just because someone has a different way of looking at things doesn't mean that they're not being empathetic. There's more than one way to show these feelings.

I don't even know how to approach this.

My post was clearly within context of this thread. Your lack of empathy (in this thread) is disturbing. Not that I'm apologising because I stand by what I said, it is disturbing and this thread isn't about you. We're talking about children who have lost their lives and the devestation it has caused to their families, communities, the country and Ariana. Seriously, get a grip.

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I don't even know how to approach this.

My post was clearly within context of this thread. Your lack of empathy (in this thread) is disturbing. Not that I'm apologising because I stand by what I said, it is disturbing and this thread isn't about you. We're talking about children who have lost their lives and the devestation that has caused to their families, communities, the country and Ariana. Seriously, get a grip.

I wasn't taking it out of context. I don't like to be accused of lacking empathy regardless of the situation. I'm not trying to make it about me but it's hard not to defend myself when someone has said something that offends me in front of everyone who views this topic. Pardon me for defending myself equally as publicaly. Nowhere have I said that I don't have any empathy for the victims or Ariana. You'll find my post in the original thread in World News where I poured my heart out about how much it affected me. I'm British, for God's sake. Just because I want life to go back to normal and not let the terrorists win is the exact opposite of lacking empathy. Maybe it's just my way of dealing with things but I prefer going back to normality to get over a tough event. Not that I'm saying that Ariana should follow my idea but I know that I would be wanting to perform for all my fans if I were her, that I couldn't let them down. I'm just taking the situation from how I would feel if I were in her shoes.

Benji
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

I wasn't taking it out of context. I don't like to be accused of lacking empathy regardless of the situation. I'm not trying to make it about me but it's hard not to defend myself when someone has said something that offends me in front of everyone who views this topic. Pardon me for defending myself equally as publicaly. Nowhere have I said that I don't have any empathy for the victims or Ariana. You'll find my post in the original thread in World News where I poured my heart out about how much it affected me. I'm British, for God's sake. Just because I want life to go back to normal and not let the terrorists win is the exact opposite of lacking empathy. Maybe it's just my way of dealing with things but I prefer going back to normality to get over a tough event. Not that I'm saying that Ariana should follow my idea but I know that I would be wanting to perform for all my fans if I were her, that I couldn't let them down. I'm just taking the situation from how I would feel if I were in her shoes.

Your prodding in this thread suggests differently. We don't need clarification on who's decision it was, when it was most likely a mutual decision. I get your view point and I agree with the "carrying on" aspect but I'm not a direct victim, neither are you, of this attack. It's easy to say "carry on" when it wasn't your world that has ground to a halt. I think you lack empathy because you seem unable to place yourself inside their shoes and respect their decisions without prodding at them.

Whispering
10 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I have a right to voice my opinion if I feel like someone's getting at me. It's easy to notice who's liked a comment when someone has quoted what I have to say, so I read it and as I finish it, my eye catches who's liked it at the bottom and if there's 1-3 names there, it's difficult to miss. And I can't help but see a pattern forming. You never like anything positive said about it, all negative. Ever stop to think: "Look, I've liked a lot of negative stuff about her for the time being. Maybe I should just stop doing it for a while lest I get accused of bullying." For someone insinutating that I'm lacking empathy about the topic at hand, you sure seem to lack some yourself. I know I was sure raised to believe that if your actions are annoying/hurting someone, you should stop doing it.

Yes, you do. Likewise, I have the right to like comments that I agree with. I will continue to abide by the policies and guidelines set forth on this forum. 

StrawberryBlond
15 hours ago, Benji said:

Your prodding in this thread suggests differently. We don't need clarification on who's decision it was, when it was most likely a mutual decision. I get your view point and I agree with the "carrying on" aspect but I'm not a direct victim, neither are you, of this attack. It's easy to say "carry on" when it wasn't your world that has ground to a halt. I think you lack empathy because you seem unable to place yourself inside their shoes and respect their decisions without prodding at them.

I wasn't trying to prod, other people were prodding me. Yes, I understand why cancellations may be necessary, I'm just trying to offer up another way of looking at things. I'm not saying my view is unquestionably correct, it's just another way of looking at things. It frustrates me how merely trying to stimulate conversation these days and discuss multiple solutions to problems is seen as insensitive or disrespectful. I don't live in an echo chamber, I encourage new ways of thinking, for this is the only way we can move forward.

8 hours ago, Whispering said:

Yes, you do. Likewise, I have the right to like comments that I agree with. I will continue to abide by the policies and guidelines set forth on this forum. 

Expressing your opinion through text is different from thumbing up a comment from someone, though. The only only forum I've ever been on that had any sort of up/down voting system encouraged its members not to down-vote someone merely because you disagreed with their opinion. Down-voting was something that was seen as a last resort thing you do when a member is saying something really appalling or is being nasty to other members. I can't say that this guideline was exactly respected by everyone and I ended up being a big victim (and I know you accuse me of playing the victim, but I was, if you would know the full story) of certain people who disagreed with the smallest things from me. This is why I have no time for people praising negativity. You don't know what I've gone through or why this stuff hurts me. All you need to know is that you need to get off your high horse and start respecting people's feelings. You are not better than me. I notice that you respect everyone else's feelings except mine, by the way. I don't know what your problem is or why you enjoy picking on me specifically.

MelbHawker

I support Ariana's decision to postpone her World Tour after the attack at her show. She needs to put her health, wellbeing and safety before anything else, and I believe she has. She's not displaying an ounce of weakness by doing so, she's protecting her own life and the life of her fans. Her music will continue to be enjoyed and eventually she'll return to the stage and continue performing for her fans. 

If it were any one of us in her shoes, we'd 100% do the same thing. 

BornAsUnic0rn
41 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I wasn't trying to prod, other people were prodding me. Yes, I understand why cancellations may be necessary, I'm just trying to offer up another way of looking at things. I'm not saying my view is unquestionably correct, it's just another way of looking at things. It frustrates me how merely trying to stimulate conversation these days and discuss multiple solutions to problems is seen as insensitive or disrespectful. I don't live in an echo chamber, I encourage new ways of thinking, for this is the only way we can move forward.

Except you did.

StrawberryBlond

I just want to add that it's good that she's apparently planning to re-schedule at some point. That means things have taken a turn and my point isn't really as relevant anymore. Just so people can stop picking it apart.

56 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Except you did.

Where did I say it? Point it out to me, because I didn't say it anywhere. You're just assuming.

Whispering
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Expressing your opinion through text is different from thumbing up a comment from someone, though. The only only forum I've ever been on that had any sort of up/down voting system encouraged its members not to down-vote someone merely because you disagreed with their opinion. Down-voting was something that was seen as a last resort thing you do when a member is saying something really appalling or is being nasty to other members. I can't say that this guideline was exactly respected by everyone and I ended up being a big victim (and I know you accuse me of playing the victim, but I was, if you would know the full story) of certain people who disagreed with the smallest things from me. This is why I have no time for people praising negativity. You don't know what I've gone through or why this stuff hurts me. All you need to know is that you need to get off your high horse and start respecting people's feelings. You are not better than me. I notice that you respect everyone else's feelings except mine, by the way. I don't know what your problem is or why you enjoy picking on me specifically.

It's a like on a forum. If this is too much for you to handle, maybe take the policy up with the mods? Liking comments is not picking on someone. Sometimes I like dozens a day. Once again, if this bothers you to such an extent, there is section to discuss guidelines...and we have been off topic here too much already. 

StrawberryBlond
5 minutes ago, Whispering said:

It's a like on a forum. If this is too much for you to handle, maybe take the policy up with the mods? Liking comments is not picking on someone. Sometimes I like dozens a day. Once again, if this bothers you to such an extent, there is section to discuss guidelines...and we have been off topic here too much already. 

I can guarantee that wouldn't happen. How would it work? The mods can't police members like that, they can't look through every thread for people who liked something negative. You can't put such a rule into place in reality. Plus, everyone would hate it and it would start arguments over free speech and suchlike (and if they find out I started it, well, that's some hate I can do without). The most you could do is offer a guideline, but as I've said before, this just doesn't translate very well. Some people think because it's the internet, anything goes. I say different. It's not just about observing the rules laid down by a forum, it's about having your own policies as well. Just because you give out dozens of likes a day without considering the meaning behind it doesn't mean we all do that. I forget the like button's there, honestly, but some people really use it in a way that has an agenda.

Archived