💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

After Valentinas and Jimmys failure to qualify for the final the Director General of the broad caster San Marino RTV Dr Carlo Romeo has questioned the countrys further participation in the contest because "there's no place for micro-states in the Eurovision Song Contest"

There is place for micro-states, but not for bad quality hun :trollga:

Also we might get a debut from Kazakhstan who became an associate member of the EBU just like Australia on January 2016 and now even associate members can participate in Eurovision.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo
2 minutes ago, Erotica said:

After Valentinas and Jimmys failiure to qualify for the final the Director General of the broad caster San Marino RTV Dr Carlo Romeo has questioned the countrys further participation in the contest because "there's no place for micro-states in the Eurovision Song Contest"

There is place for micro-states, but not for bad quality hun :trollga:

Also we might get a debut from Kazakhstan who became an associate member of the EBU just like Australia on January 2016 and now even associate members can participate in Eurovision.

More countries, more songs to bop to, bigger event :gaycat:

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Dutch

Eurovision just ended, but the speculation in the Netherlands already started. This year there is no big Dutch favorite to send to Eurovision, so I began to wonder myself, who is on my wish list? Here are some Dutch artists I would like to see on the Eurovision stage next year:

Dutch Male Singers:

Spoiler

Dotan:

People are suggesting him for some years now, so there might be a chance the selection team of the Netherlands will consider him this year. His sound is folk/indie and this might be risky at Eurovision, but after the Common Linnets and Portugal this year, I'm sure the Eurovision audience can appreciate Dotan his music. He makes beautiful ballads too.

Spoiler

Waylon:

You might think, this is a familiar face. Well, you might be right about that, he was a part of the Common Linnets. They became second in 2014. Since he left the band he's on his own feet again. He hasn't released music for a long time, so Eurovision could be a great opportunity to debut his new music. He experienced the whole Eurovision circus before, his voice is strong and unique and he became second already. Maybe he's scared he can't top that result, but in my opinion he's strong enough to go solo this time.

Spoiler

Dutch Bands:

Spoiler

Kensington:

Another name that comes around every year as an suggestion for Eurovision. The band Kensington broke through in 2013, but really became big in 2014. They are one of the biggest names in the Dutch music industry at this point. Normally I wouldn't suggest a band for Eurovision, but I really think Kensington can deliver a good Eurovision song, especially after many hits in the Netherlands. The Eurovision audience can appreciate a band as long it's good one/a good song. Besides loud songs they also make nice small ballads, but they also teamed up with one of the biggest DJs in the world 'Armin van Buuren':

Spoiler

Rondé:

Another rather new Dutch band that had some cute little hits in the Netherlands is Rondé. They also have a folk/indie sound like Dotan, and since Dotan is a better singer and had bigger hits, he might be the more populair choice for this year. But the second album from Rondé has a more pop sound that might do better a Eurovision.

Spoiler

Chef'Special:

You would think this is another indie/folk band form the Netherlands, but this band delivers something more. They put some punk, rock, rap and reggae in their music. Let's be honest, their songs are at least different. They had some cute hits in the Netherlands, so this could be a contender for Eurovision 2018.

Spoiler

Dutch Female Singers:

Spoiler

Rochelle:

She won the X-Factor a long time ago and she faded away. Three years ago she came back with a collaboration with Yellow Claw: 'Shotgun'. It became a hit in some European countries.

Spoiler

After this collaboration she released a comeback single 'All Night Long', 2 years later. It became a huge hit in the Netherlands. After this she released two other singles that also became decent hits. Maybe it's time to bring pop/R&B/electronic/Junk Food music back to Eurovision. I'm sure Rochelle can deliver it with her great vocals.

Sharon Doorson:

She once participated at The Voice of Holland, despite not winning it, she is one of the most famous participants of The Voice of Holland ever. After several hits and a great debut album, she released some singles with a more R&B sound. I'm sure about one thing, she can perform on a big stage, her vocals are really strong and she can do both, a pop banger or a ballad.

Spoiler

Maan:

She won The Voice of Holland 2016 and had some hits after she won. She's more known by the younger people and if you ask me, not really a star quality performer. I can see her become a Macedonia 2017 2.0. But her songs and voice are good, so I should name here too.

Spoiler

Kovacs:

Besides a strong voice, she really is unique. I think she can bring a new and authentic flavor to the Eurovision stage and be successful with it, like Portugal was this year. She isn't well known at this point, but I think she is too talented to be unknown. She won the European Border Breakers Award (Adele, Stromea and Disclosure also won this price), but Eurovision could bring her career to a next level, so I hope she would consider it. A Dutch newspaper suggested her, so maybe the will start talking to her.

Spoiler

Miss Montreal:

I'll update the list later on, but I'm too tired right now.

Bellatrix

Watching some videos from 2009. France served some high quality. Why did they not win? :oprah:

Dutch
12 minutes ago, Erotica said:

Watching some videos from 2009. France served some high quality. Why did they not win? :oprah:

Because it was 2009. Different/bad Eurovision times. :duck:

Glittertinks
35 minutes ago, Erotica said:

God I still love this song so much, it's one of the best french entries :cryga:

Bellatrix

The voting for the Barbara Dex Award has ended and we have a winner. The winner of 2017 is Slavko from Montenegro followed by Triana Park from Latvia and Martina Bárta from Czech Republic.

Montenegro:

Spoiler

Latvia:

Spoiler

Czech Republic:

Spoiler

Lemonade
On 19/05/2017 at 11:30 PM, StarryNight said:

The guy in the red shirt annoyed me the entire way through 

Bellatrix

It's been 29 years since Céline Dion won Eurovision Song Contest :tony:

and here's our Queen today :diane:

Bellatrix

The Portugese broadcaster RTP has clarified that no final decision has been made about the host city yet. Except for Lisbon the cities Guimarães, Gondomar, Faro and Santa Maria da Feira are also interested in hosting the contest. A bidding phase is expected to start in the coming weeks.

Bellatrix

The Italian Queen Nina Zilli has released a new single called "Mi hai fatto fare tardi" :tony:

Nina Zilli represented Italy back in 2012 with "L'Amore È Femmina" and reached a 9th place.

Bellatrix

Speaking of 2012, today marks the 5 year anniversary of Loreens smashing victory with Euphoria. One of the greatest winners of all time? :diane:

Dutch

I was reading your post about Nina and I thought, BITCH, HOW CAN YOU FORGET LOREEN?!?! But you didn't.:giggle:

• Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!
  • Haroon pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived