💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Katy channeling Gaga

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

Kayla
8 hours ago, Helxig said:

That writer was just using flamebait in their article, it doesn't prove anything. All celebrity media these days uses this tactic of putting women against each other and writing negative articles. It's the whole reason we have this problem now, because it's leaked into the way the public views and treats women.

And to be honest, my subjective opinion is that the two outfits are nothing alike apart from the colour. Nothing at all. The cuts are completely different, Gaga's outfit was a short dress, form fitting, simple lace, tight to her face. Katy's is a long dress that hits the floor, with excessive embellishments, and a red veil over the top. Literally nothing is similar but the colour, and the fact their faces are covered! And they're covered completely differently!

Again, people see avant garde, they make a comparison to Gaga. They see the colour red, they decide it looks like something red that Gaga has worn. I bet you 100% all the money and possessions that I own that if it was in purple noone would make a comparison to that outfit.

Everything you're saying is exactly correct.

However, I think there is a large part of Katy and her marketing that is not very original. She's a trend-follower, not a trend-setter. That's not inherently a bad thing, and really the worst thing about Katy is she doesn't even seem to have a grasp on what kind of artist she wants to be. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
juju

As a believer in Karma, I can accept that Katy, this go around, is not getting preferential treatment and that the :reductive: nature of her brand is being exposed for what it truly is. She has had it easy for so long, whereas her antics have always been less than tasteful to those paying close enough attention. But being a conventionally attractive white female has granted her a pass in just about every area of her life.

That being said... some of the bashing has been unnecessary, and there has been a lot of reaching. After all is said and done, I'm praying that Katy may finally exhibit some growth, and flourish as not only an artist, but a human, as well. 

❀ x ❀

Helxig
9 hours ago, Kayla said:

However, I think there is a large part of Katy and her marketing that is not very original. She's a trend-follower, not a trend-setter. That's not inherently a bad thing, and really the worst thing about Katy is she doesn't even seem to have a grasp on what kind of artist she wants to be. 

Oh I agree with that, totally!

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

God Control

She looks amazing and people here are super freaking hypocritical, because once Gaga copies the hell out of Madonna, MJ, Lisa Minelli, Cher, Cindy Lauper, Prince and tens of other artists, everyone's like "Oh, but Madonna did not invent this. How dare you? she's not copying! She's inspired, she's paying homage to her" or even making up theories such as "Art is never original, it's always copied from someone else", and some are much less elaborate and albeit delusional and go "She wouldn't copy Madonna. Madonna's already dead and she's doing her a favor by promoting her" or "WTF is a Cindy Lauper?", as if you have to only get called out for copying when you copy from someone who's outselling you today.

So please, get a life and realize that Gaga copies or pays homages to thousands of figures, and you're all okay with it and in fact, somehow see Gaga as a superior to those whom she copies from or gets inspired by, so perhaps when someone else copies Gaga or "pays homage" to her, you should also be okay with it. 

Just for the record, I'm not even a fan of Katy Perry. I like only 3-5 songs, but the delusion and hypocrisy I'm reading here are astonishing.

• 3 weeks later...
Ariana Grindr
On 5/2/2017 at 1:58 AM, Helxig said:

That writer was just using flamebait in their article, it doesn't prove anything. All celebrity media these days uses this tactic of putting women against each other and writing negative articles. It's the whole reason we have this problem now, because it's leaked into the way the public views and treats women.

And to be honest, my subjective opinion is that the two outfits are nothing alike apart from the colour. Nothing at all. The cuts are completely different, Gaga's outfit was a short dress, form fitting, simple lace, tight to her face. Katy's is a long dress that hits the floor, with excessive embellishments, and a red veil over the top. Literally nothing is similar but the colour, and the fact their faces are covered! And they're covered completely differently!

Again, people see avant garde, they make a comparison to Gaga. They see the colour red, they decide it looks like something red that Gaga has worn. I bet you 100% all the money and possessions that I own that if it was in purple noone would make a comparison to that outfit.

I agree with you and you are right. I just thought it was about time someone in the fashion industry called her out for how she blatantly copies gaga.

I guess that's what art is.  Artists steal but hot damn, Katy does it so shamelessly.

OOPS22

Has anyone seen this commercial yet and thought this? 

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

Ariana Grindr
On 5/2/2017 at 10:31 AM, Kayla said:

Where is the lie?:golfclap:

Archived