Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How come gaga doesnt get #1s often in the US

Oscar

Featured Posts

Oscar

Just dance was #1 for 3 weeks, PF only for #1 week (despite being song of the year) and btw only for 6 weeks(hype) And bad romance didn't even get to #1. TFM era was her biggest era and yet it didn't even produce a #1 single. (please correct these numbers if they're off)

She has a crazy fanbase and a big fanbase and her albums always go #1 .(saying she's an album artist isn't an answer cause if a fanbase can get an album to #1, they can get a song to #1 too) 

Why do the singles charts shade ha like that?

River

Because streaming is strong and the young people are dominating the streaming and they like stupid song like Closer, so if you check the top 10 you will so many stupid songs.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

homomo

Single charts are influenced by absolutely everyone. They are easily accessible and inexpensive (Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music, iTunes); whereas album charts are dominated by fans, and less by the average listener, because they are more expensive to buy. (we all know a fan will always buy an album)

Seeka

You are so wrong with the album versus single thing though.

i don't care for, nor do I ever request singles on the radio, stream them, or do anything for the single besides illegally downloading it.

Why?

I'm gonna buy the f*ucking album.

Single releases require the GP.

Oscar
3 minutes ago, River said:

Because streaming is strong and the young people are dominating the streaming and they like stupid song like Closer, so if you check the top 10 you will so many stupid songs.

3 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

Single charts are influenced by absolutely everyone. They are easily accessible and inexpensive (Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music, iTunes); whereas album charts are dominated by fans, and less by the average listener, because they are more expensive to buy. (we all know a fan will always buy an album)

Still, despite being the biggest thing on the planet during tf/tfm era, she barely managed to stay #1 for a period of time and this was before streaming counted for the charts

homomo
Just now, Oscar said:

Still, despite being the biggest thing on the planet during tf/tfm era, she barely managed to stay #1 for a period of time and this was before streaming counted for the charts

Born This Way, plus her being literally EVERYWHERE made people sick of her.

Think of Taylor Swift towards the end of 1989 era. Literally no one cared anymore.

Oscar
4 minutes ago, Seeka said:

You are so wrong with the album versus single thing though.

i don't care for, nor do I ever request singles on the radio, stream them, or do anything for the single besides illegally downloading it.

Why?

I'm gonna buy the f*ucking album.

Single releases require the GP.

Why download them illegally if you're just gonna buy the album anyway? Why not just stream till the album comes out?

DeanWinchester

Her brand was damaged post BTW. Before that, it was a really saturated market because the 2000's acts were still strong and had some steam left. Now, new acts are the ones saturating the market.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Killa

Like seeks said. If the song is from the album and I bought the album why buying the single

Many bought the iTunes album so they can have the digital form. And many fans listen to the songs via spotify but that's far from enough. Number 1  is a whole other lvl

Oscar
1 minute ago, Interstellar said:

Born This Way, plus her being literally EVERYWHERE made people sick of her.

Think of Taylor Swift towards the end of 1989 era. Literally no one cared anymore.

Good point. Gaga was hella there

Seeka
2 minutes ago, Oscar said:

Why download them illegally if you're just gonna buy the album anyway? Why not just stream till the album comes out?

1. I do not live in an area where I can stream. Up until probably like...2011/12 I used dial-up internet, when Born this Way was released. Now I'm pretty much forced to use bandwith from phones or mobile hotspots.

2. Even if I could stream, why would I? With the song on my music player/computer I have ultimate control, and can ultimately use it for other things and transfer it to other devices.

And to answer your first question: Born this Way came out like... what 3-5 months after the first single was released? I'm impatient and I got sh!t to do.

Yuuri

In The Fame, the singles did pretty great.

The Fame Monster's flaw is that both Telephone and Bad Romance deserved that top spot.

Born This Way had a great debut, lead single #1 for 6 wks. Judas was a bad choice, TEOG deserved the top spot, You and I did good, no clue why MTN did so bad.

ARTPOP's lead was released at a bad time having to face Katy's Roar and other popular songs at the time, DWYW had no video, and G.U.Y. was released too late in the album cycle.

Joanne's lead tanked due to no major promo, Million Reasons did great.

The Cure seems to be going pretty good.

Savage

Even Taylor doesn't get #1s often; it's not a big deal. Fun fact: Taylor only has 1 more #1 than Gaga!

Thomas P

We Found Love spent more weeks at number 1 then gaga has in her entire career :madge:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived