💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Ungratefulness of This Fanbase

exoskeleton35

Featured Posts

hausofcy
5 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

It's actually sad that you think someone is a fake fan because they dislike an album, as if it's you who decides what a fan is or isn't.

I'm not talking about disliking an album cause that's purely based on taste. I also don't like some songs of her. I'm talking about so called fans who drag her and talk trash. That's a big difference.

🇯🇵

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God Control
Just now, hausofcy said:

I'm not talking about disliking an album cause that's purely based on taste. I also don't like some songs of her. I'm talking about so called fans who drag her and talk trash. That's a big difference.

Define "drag" and "talk trash", because sometimes a small negative comment here is considered "THE SHADE!" or "DRAG HA!". But if it's legitimately insulting and shaming words like "she's so damn stupid for releasing that piece of trash of an album." then I wouldn't think a fan would say that. But "The album was terrible and I just can't get into it" is fine.

hausofcy
1 minute ago, Givenchy said:

Define "drag" and "talk trash", because sometimes a small negative comment here is considered "THE SHADE!" or "DRAG HA!". But if it's legitimately insulting and shaming words like "she's so damn stupid for releasing that piece of trash of an album." then I wouldn't think a fan would say that. But "The album was terrible and I just can't get into it" is fine.

Yeah I agree that some people can be over sensitive here and I didn't necessarily mean people on here but the so called stans on twitter can be the worst. I remember during ARTPOP era they used to body shame her for gaining some weight and lots of other trash talk. That's just straight up bullying. Also hating her for not selling as much as she used to. My opinion on those people is to just burn their stan card and move on instead of bashing her tbh.

🇯🇵

Batwings

I think for the most part, it isn't so much that there are a whole lot of whiny, negative fans. It's more that the people who are whiny and negative spread that sh1t everywhere. I remember the day after The Cure was released, there was one forum member who was literally going into every single thread related to the song, talking about how much he hated it and how boring and generic it was. Basically, it's a small number of fans who are extremely vocal. 

4 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

You should see some of the personal attacks made on Gaga by so called 'fans' ...

Sooo many people said she was 'lazy' and 'lost her passion' or called her a 'sellout' in one of the more recent GGD meltdowns: after The Cure was released... 

That is very insulting to call an artist, also it's not true.

God Control
Just now, hausofcy said:

Yeah I agree that some people can be over sensitive here and I didn't necessarily mean people on here but the so called stans on twitter can be the worst. I remember during ARTPOP era they used to body shame her for gaining some weight and lots of other trash talk. That's just straight up bullying. Also hating her for not selling as much as she used to. My opinion on those people is to just burn their stan card and move on instead of bashing her tbh.

Oh yeah, tell me about it. Hell even now there's a thread here that talks about whether she got a surgery for her cheek bones or not and people are like "how dare you say that?" or "NO SHE DIDN'T!", I mean what the hell is wrong with getting a surgery? If she's happy with how she looks, fine, if she wants to fix some stuff, why not? it's her choice!

God Control
1 minute ago, Nafen said:

You should see some of the personal attacks made on Gaga by so called 'fans' ...

Sooo many people said she was 'lazy' and 'lost her passion' or called her a 'sellout' in one of the more recent GGD meltdowns: after The Cure was released... 

That is very insulting to call an artist, also it's not true.

So calling her lazy and losing her passion is considered dragging now? I mean what if it's true? did you look at Million Reasons video? is that considered a video from someone who's passionate about their work, original and have a clear vision of what they're doing? 

Yes, we all have different opinions. But it isn't shameful to state the obvious. If it's insulting to the artists, then maybe the artist should feel insulted by presenting a work that can get such feedback from the closest of fans, I guess.

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

No, being a fan does not mean you have to love everything your favorite does, that's being a person without judgment, immature and blinded by fanaticism.

Lady Gaga is also guilty of this situation, because she has promised many things that she never fulfills and never gives us an explanation and we as fans, we all get tired of lies.

Although she is trying to change those mistakes now with The Cure. Because from ARTPOP she does not care about her fans, although she says yes, it's a lie, she only does what she wants without thinking about her fans.

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

20 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

So calling her lazy and losing her passion is considered dragging now? I mean what if it's true? did you look at Million Reasons video? is that considered a video from someone who's passionate about their work, original and have a clear vision of what they're doing? 

I don't use the term 'dragging'...

You don't know her, so you don't know if it's true, so calling her lazy or claiming she's lost her passion is irresponsible and a personal attack. We are talking about herself here, not her music... Saying "Lady Gaga is lazy" is a personal attack.

I have a problem with people pretending they know LG behind closed doors like they are some insider or something.

I think MR has passion. Why is Gaga not allowed to be a human to some people? MR video has plenty of imagery and symbolism. It is cute. She might have thought something like "I want to have a laid-back video for a laid-back song..." To you, that must mean there is no passion? Why is she not allowed to do anything not avant garde?

And yes, it is clear they had a vision, I mean that video leads into John Wayne. What are you talking about?

Many people, myself included, can see passion behind Joanne. One can never know how much effort she put into Joanne and/or The Cure, only Gaga does, to everyone else it is subjective perception; but to just call her lazy and claim she's losing her passion because someone may not like the current product/music is silly...

KingRedd

So true. It's the same people that feel as though, "everyone has their own opinion," that justify the brutal negativity on this site. Literally 3 minutes after The Cure was released, someone created a thread about how it was bad. I couldn't even enjoy it because people were already tearing it down.

The negativity on this site is ignored because people slap the "it's my opinion" phrase to back it up. Meanwhile, if any other celebrity or fanbase says anything negative about Gaga, all hell breaks loose. I've said this before. Monsters are Gaga's biggest haters, some just don't realize it. 

May I Read You? 😎

Stefani328
45 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

It's actually sad that you think someone is a fake fan because they dislike an album, as if it's you who decides what a fan is or isn't.

So what do you say about those fans that are negative all the time? I've been here since 2013 and there are some forum users that dislike everything she's done since then. They complained about ARTPOP. They complained about Joanne. They complained about the Cure. It seems like nothing she does will satisfy them so why do they continue to follow her musical career. Most people would have left a long time ago instead staying to complain about how bad they think her music is. Just the other day, a saw a forum user calling The Cure trash. I remember this same person doing just that with Joanne and I clearly remember the all the threads made everyday in 2013 trashing ARTPOP. 

God Control
23 minutes ago, Nafen said:

I don't use the term 'dragging'...

You don't know her, so you don't know if it's true, so calling her lazy or claiming she's lost her passion is irresponsible and a personal attack. We are talking about herself here, not her music... Saying "Lady Gaga is lazy" is a personal attack.

I have a problem with people pretending they know LG behind closed doors like they are some insider or something.

I think MR has passion. Why is Gaga not allowed to be a human to some people? MR video has plenty of imagery and symbolism. It is cute. She might have thought something like "I want to have a laid-back video for a laid-back song..." To you, that must mean there is no passion? Why is she not allowed to do anything not avant garde?

And yes, it is clear they had a vision, I mean that video leads into John Wayne. What are you talking about?

Many people, myself included, can see passion behind Joanne. One can never know how much effort she put into Joanne and/or The Cure, only Gaga does, to everyone else it is subjective perception; but to just call her lazy and claim she's losing her passion because someone may not like the current product/music is silly...

But aren't you pretending to know her behind close doors? Calling someone lazy isn't an attack, it's a description and it's often based on something they present or show, and it doesn't really require someone to know you in depth to know that. A student who doesn't do his/her homework or presents it in a badly made way is considered lazy based on the fact that the work you saw was lacking.

There's a big difference between laid-back or non-avant garde and something that is made from left overs from Perfect Illusion, Apple Commercial and some staged backstage scenes. A huge difference.

Leads to John Wayne? so without that video, John Wayne would've been meaningless? It's just here sitting with her guitar that showed on JW for a few seconds. I wouldn't call that "leading into" nor a "clear vision".

Each person sees something in a certain work. We don't have to see the same stuff or agree and it doesn't have to make one of us wrong. We can express that, but it doesn't make us haters. Sometimes artists presents works that feel half-baked or lazy or whatever you wanna call them, some people may still like them and it's fine, others won't and it's also fine.

1 minute ago, Stefani328 said:

So what do you say about those fans that are negative all the time? I've been here since 2013 and there are some forum users that dislike everything she's done since then. They complained about ARTPOP. They complained about Joanne. They complained about the Cure. It seems like nothing she does will satisfy them so why do they continue to follow her musical career. Most people would have left a long time ago instead staying to complain about how bad they think her music is. Just the other day, a saw a forum user calling The Cure trash. I remember this same person doing just that with Joanne and I clearly remember the all the threads made everyday in 2013 trashing ARTPOP. 

Have you considered that these people may actually be genuinely not into what she's doing or not as moved by her work as before? or does it have to be "hatred", "abuse", "bullying", "dragging", "being ignorant", "having bad taste", "paid to hate her"..etc.?

God Control
44 minutes ago, Jorge Gonzalez Varela said:

No, being a fan does not mean you have to love everything your favorite does, that's being a person without judgment, immature and blinded by fanaticism.

Lady Gaga is also guilty of this situation, because she has promised many things that she never fulfills and never gives us an explanation and we as fans, we all get tired of lies.

Although she is trying to change those mistakes now with The Cure. Because from ARTPOP she does not care about her fans, although she says yes, it's a lie, she only does what she wants without thinking about her fans.

This post is Oscar-worthy.

TheKillerQueen

This fanbase can be extremely toxic, and way over-sensitive. It's turned me off in a way, and now I understand why GaGa doesn't interact with us as much as she used to. :sweat:

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

HiddenWeirdo
5 hours ago, exoskeleton35 said:

My favorite hypocrisy is the same fans who are upset about the lack of danceable songs on Joanne are now upset because they claim the cure is too generic. Like are you ****ing kidding me? You've spent the entire Joanne album campaign bitching about how Gaga's changed and she stinks now, because there's no danceable bops on the album, and then when she releases a ****ing top 40 danceable bop you say it's too generic. GTFO. And for the ****ing record. Perfect Illusion is a danceable bop, as well as Dancing in Circles, so I don't wanna hear it lol. 

and this is why I think it's important to chill when it comes to Gaga music.

I have to admit. I listen to the Chainsmokers but I hated the moment they talked **** about PI.

But we have to admit: she insisted (strongly lately on a radio interview) that she'll never follow the trend but she is. AND THAT IS FINE. Sadly some react really allergic to the Chainsmokers as soon as you compare both. And Gaga is a completely different and unique artist so you can't compare them as artists at all.

The Cure and their songs are not equal in their vocals (Gagas vocals are amazing) but they use veeeeery similar beats and sounds. And I think this is what created the drama.

Archived