đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Anthony Fantano does not like The Cure

POP2

Featured Posts

Moebius

Isn't this the guy who basically shat over everything Born this Way stood for? :nails: yeah after that disrespectful excuse of a "review" I could hardly care less about his shitty opinion.

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTGOD

I agree, this is probably Gaga's worst song since probably Christmas Tree. So bland, uninteresting and cringey. I'm not mad though, if this is what it's needed for Gaga to regain her commercial power, so be it. We just got Joanne and I'm very happy with it so I can't be mad at her for doing this. However, if she had released The Cure as a lead single last year after 3 years of no pop music I would be fuming SO hard :poot:.

Babel
19 minutes ago, kevinthesheep said:

melon daddy is right, no lies detected tbh :reductive:

:deadbanana:

CautiousLurker

Figured as much, and honestly can't disagree with him - even when it comes to mainstream pop, Gaga can do so much better. Although I disagree on the vocals bit - I think the vocal performance on the track is lovely and the only reason I like the song.

I do think he genuinely likes Gaga though - he gave Joanne and ARTPOP a good review. He certainly doesn't pay much attention to many other big pop artists, and if he does, it's rarely to give them good reviews. Meanwhile, with Gaga he actually anticipates music from her.

TimisaMonster

I agree...

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

ARTGOD

You can see he actually really likes her, he barely reviews mainstream pop music but he always reviews Gaga. He recognizes her immense talent but doesn't really feel her dance pop music, he just wants to see her grow and mature, trying new things and he felt she was getting there with Joanne. But listening to this must feel like such a disappointing regression :( seeing as even the dance pop he didn't like is still superior to what we got.

Sorcerer

Yes it is generic, but I do not think he gave enough recognition to Gaga's vocal maneuvering throughout the song and that explosive chorus.

He gave DAMN. 6/10 tho so I couldn't care less about him.

Also, The Cure got generally positive reviews from critics except from New York Post. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cure_(song)

EDIT: HE ALSO SAID LUST FOR LIFE IS BAD. 

FFXIV WhiteMage

Being mainstream is not bad though. It only shows that she can make music that can reach a larger audience. Her the TF hits are basically mainstream songs like Just Dance and Poker Face. TEOG is powerful mainstream repetitive ballad. But we all have different opinions in this song but those are irrelevant as this single is meant to increase LAdy Gaga's streaming force. :lolly:

Evan Peters

she wouldn't need a basic bop if you assholes bought her music !!

emma roberts is an abuser

GagaXCupcakke

I mean..... yes. But he could of been nicer about it :S 

He praised Joanne (even though he gave it a mediocre review when it came out). 

Critics never know what they want from Gaga. 

stir the pot

Hun-thony Ty-tano spilled a very very hot tea.   :reductive:

Everybody's skin is peeled.  :reductive:

Dirtyicecreamz

At this point, promo is promo... haterz will look it up to bash the song & end up getting addicted :reductive:  

Stop the music, Start the drama.

55 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I knew this would happen. Whatever, I want commercial success from it not critical acclaim.

shouldn't it be about if you like it?

Archived