๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

LA Weekly: "Huge Letdown"

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Zilla

Yikes, let's focus on the positives not the negatives.ย 

๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šŠ ๐š“๐š˜๐š›๐š๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š“๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š•.

• Zilla locked this topic
  • Zilla unlocked this topic
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne
30 minutes ago, Killa said:

im listening right now and i'm bald already looooooooool

her voice is much better and you can really hear the instruments. I live for these versions. Love game was a killer

Honestly, same! She brought the FIRE last night... Yes, she was tired af and you could tell (she was a lot sloppier). But she traded in her precision for her energy. Which is what makes me love a Gaga show most.ย 

I was here for it last night!ย 

But this review does shine a light on some aspects that still leave me concerned. A lot of truth in there.ย 

Killa
2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Honestly, same! She brought the FIRE last night... Yes, she was tired af and you could tell (she was a lot sloppier). But she traded in her precision for her energy. Which is what makes me love a Gaga show most.ย 

I was here for it last night!ย 

But this review does shine a light on some aspects that still leave me concerned. A lot of truth in there.ย 

everyhting you said. And also her own struggles and her not feeling the things she did back there but having to act out. It's a difficult transition, mainly cause being Gaga doesn't really go with being safe. It's really problematic. But she still slays and writes great pop tunes. She'll figure it out. Going to movies was a wise solution

im listening to alejandro now, i think only venus was a bit lacking vocal wise, well im not enjoying alejandro that much but seems nice. I've loved her interactions till now

shoful

Where can I watch/listen to her performance from last night?

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

ReidOne
Just now, shoful said:

Where can I watch/listen to her performance from last night?

Download links are in the first post of this thread:

ย 

Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, Bio said:

Clickbait headlines and stupid one-liners aside, they're kind of right. Seems like she doesn't know what do do anymore. That bit about how they saved the pyro for The Cure in case the song bombed is spot on lol. I bet Interscope told her they'd let her release Joanne but if it didn't work she'd have to release a basic album for the radio.

I've been thinking this since Joanne came out...

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katie14

"But over the course of her set, Gaga's front unravels. At the age of 31 it looks like she hasn't had time to discover how to fight her manipulators, her trolls and her own demons."

What about Gaga's performance made the writer think this? I dont get it.ย 

ReidOne
Just now, Katie14 said:

"But over the course of her set, Gaga's front unravels. At the age of 31 it looks like she hasn't had time to discover how to fight her manipulators, her trolls and her own demons."

What about Gaga's performance made the writer think this? I dont get it.ย 

I didn't "see" weekend 2 (only heard it). But from what I saw weekend 1, Gaga looked like a deer in headlights. She was scared. (As I said before, I think a lot of it were those thigh-high boots that she ended up cancelling before Teeth because she obv looked scared she was gonna fall)....ย 

But overall in weekend 2 vocals, I can hear her "powering thru" her tiredness to try and serve the Gaga-energy that was missing in weekend 1. But in the rougher moments, you can still hear the insecurity come through.ย 

She didn't even sing "DON'T YOU KNOW MY ASS IS FAMOUS" and just let the backing track quietly play. That's not the confident Gaga I know.ย 

juju

There are better ways to express your criticisms, as this was more a tone-deaf drag of the artist than a coherent review of the show... cancellt.

Spoiler

Million Reasons the crux of Joanne though??? Have they heard the album??? It's not even the best ballad on it :toofunny:ย 

ย 

โค x โค

ReidOne
3 minutes ago, juju said:

ย 

ย  Hide contents

Million Reasons the crux of Joanne though??? Have they heard the album??? It's not even the best ballad on it :toofunny:ย 

ย 

MR isย my fave but I agree. Joanne song is the crux of Joanne album.ย 

Katie14
13 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I didn't "see" weekend 2 (only heard it). But from what I saw weekend 1, Gaga looked like a deer in headlights. She was scared. (As I said before, I think a lot of it were those thigh-high boots that she ended up cancelling before Teeth because she obv looked scared she was gonna fall)....ย 

But overall in weekend 2 vocals, I can hear her "powering thru" her tiredness to try and serve the Gaga-energy that was missing in weekend 1. But in the rougher moments, you can still hear the insecurity come through.ย 

She didn't even sing "DON'T YOU KNOW MY ASS IS FAMOUS" and just let the backing track quietly play. That's not the confident Gaga I know.ย 

While I was watching weekend 1, I felt a little bored. I didn't know why i felt that way at first but I think it was because she seemed tired. However, for weekend 2, I didn't hear any tiredness or lack of confidence.ย 

anomdepllume

As someone who watched/listened to both weekends as they were performed, I think weekend 1 was more consistently meh but weekend two was way higher in energy and quality while hitting a few rough patches. So we got great moments like classic Love Game vocals and neat Sexxx Dreams ad-libs, but had a decidedly rocky performance of The Cure and Million Reasons and some awkward transitions. Overall I think I prefer Weekend 2 as a whole but a few moments of Weekend 1 might stand out a little more.

I think something y'all gotta keep in mind is that this was a cancellation spot. I feel like this is definitely something that has been brought up, but that we all keep forgetting. Gaga had like....mere months to get together a setlist and ideas and such for a performance that most pop stars of her caliber take half a year to prepare for. That doesn't excuse some of the poorer moments, but it does explain a lot (and may be the only reason we ever got The Cure at this point in time).ย 

Besides, I would be nervous to sing something like Sexxx Dreams in front of my parents too!

anomdepllume

SAME I think Joanne is the seed of that album. Million Reasons is gorgeous, but almost feels too polished for the album as a whole.

juju

MR is cute and saved the era commercially, but......... girl.ย 

Go find these people and get them together please :toofunny:ย 

โค x โค

Archived