đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does everyone hate Joanne all of a sudden?

xcx

Featured Posts

Throughout the era, especially recently with the Super Bowl and Million Reasons becoming a hit, people have been calling the Joanne era "the era that keeps on giving." Now that The Cure has been released, I've seen so many people here claiming that Gaga is finally back; they have also been saying that The Cure is better than Joanne as a whole album. I love Joanne, as it's my favorite album of hers besides Born This Way (I also love The Cure), and I thought it was well received amongst fans. Was I wrong?  :saladga:

It makes me sad to see so many people trashing Joanne especially since so many were praising it before. :toofunny:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robagaga

Haters gonna hate, I lot of people got what they wanted witht the cure leading them to more vocally talk about their joanne disdain. Trust me, its not all of a sudden.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

MonsterPaws

I don't get it tbh.

Joanne is a fantastic album.

I think it seems that way because The Cure brought out the anti-Joanners that's all :laughga:

I honestly don't get the hype on The Cure. Great song (yes it's generic but a BOP), but the hypocrisy is killing me (i.e. Zedd,Chainsmokers etc. = trash. Gaga releases The Cure = best pop song of all time. Hypocritical ****s).

Spoiler

excuse my french :derpga:

justnoidea

That`s probably because all the people that hated on Joanne in the first place simply reentered Gagadaily, now that they have "The Cure" to compare it with.. :toofunny:

God Control

Not all of a sudden. From the premier of the lead single, Perfect Illusion, people had mixed reactions about it, calling the video uninspiring and the song to be not as good as they expected or that they needed to listen many times for it to grow on them. Then the album came out and people were basically stuck with Diamond Heart and Dancing In Circles, while some fighting about whether A-YO or one of the other two would ever be a single, and some admiring John Wayne. But the majority where fighting over whether it's a country album, rock album, country with rock and pop influences, pop with rock and country influences and some even making up their own genres for it just to avoid calling it a country album.

Everyone hated Million Reasons music video, after waiting so long and thinking that no music video is coming, and then when the Super Bowl happened and other performances, people were happy because she brought back the nostalgic songs we've all grown to adore over the years, and then came John Wayne music video which was the only great music video from this era, followed by some more of her extravagant outfits in random appearances, hence the "era that keeps giving".

But in general, the era alone with its own songs and 2 singles and their videos, they never really got that much of a positive reaction from the fans. Of course there are people who loved the songs, hated the songs, felt "meh" about them. But it's not a sudden avalanche of hatred for Joanne.

And now that The Cure is out, everyone's here to compare the two and lean more towards the more pop-sounding track or the "pop comeback" with The Cure.

TeenIdle

I see the same people bashing it over and over again. Don't know where the Little Joannesters are hiding rn :oprah:They better come out to defend that masterpiece. 

TeenIdle
2 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

I don't get it tbh.

Joanne is a fantastic album.

I think it seems that way because The Cure brought out the anti-Joanners that's all :laughga:

I honestly don't get the hype on The Cure. Great song (yes it's generic but a BOP), but the hypocrisy is killing me (i.e. Zedd,Chainsmokers etc. = trash. Gaga releases The Cure = best pop song of all time. Hypocritical ****s).

Reveal hidden contents

excuse my french :derpga:

Gurl you wrapped my thoughts :golfclap:

sipthistea

Joanne>>>>>>The Sell Out Cure 

How can people discredit the fussion of sounds on Joanne with that generic song that could be a Selena Gomez song.

It seems Gaga went "Back To Basics" :madge:

Archived