Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Hair Have Been a Piano Ballad?

Princess Stache

Featured Posts

Princess Stache

I feel like every acoustic performance of Hair I see is better than the studio version.  I just think all of the synths are unnecessary for the song, it can hold itself up without all the bells and whistles.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GhettoFabulous

She could've released a work tape version but honeslty I love the studio version the way it is I remember being shookT when the hair hair hair hair hair part came :diane:

slayo

You could argue that any of the Born This Way singles could have been released as piano ballads (exc. Judas), but I think it's great that we're able to hear both versions of each song. In my opinion, Hair works the best as a piano ballad.

Make it stupid!

Blade

Yes! When I listened to the song the first time & the "hair hair hair h-h-hair" part after the chorus came in, I was like "seriously???:awkney:"

Princess Stache
1 minute ago, Algorithm said:

YES. Like the version she did in Howard Stern

Thats the one that immediately comes to mind for me.

Anderson123

I love the studio version, so no. I love that she performed it on just a piano many times though, it gave it a different feeling. Acoustic versions are a gift to fans and those who appreciate her music and voice. She has done it for Poker Face, Marry The Night, The Edge of Glory, Bad Romance, etc. All of these songs are amazing the way they are but her piano performances are glorious.

slayo

To me, Hair works better as a strong piano ballad, The Edge of Glory is equally great as a piano ballad and an uptempo anthem, Born This Way and Marry the Night are better as the fast, disco anthems, and Yoü and I is literal rock/power ballad perfection.

Make it stupid!

Alien Tulip

Ballad or not I could never get into that song along with Bad Kids. Can't relate to it. Song is too high schooley/teenager for my taste.

Brolysskins

NO

Its got such a cool Highschool feel to it the way it is. Its so perfect (but i do love it in piano)

Edonis

Yes it should've been. From an unbiased viewpoint it's much stronger as an acoustic ballad than the dance pop song. 

monketsharona

I love how it is.

Though yeah the acoustic piano versio is always great (live).

Archived