music news

Director gives update on Bjork’s ‘future-facing’ new album

FrozenKookie

Featured Posts

Reginald
17 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

listen to Post

tumblr_inline_omkropClSv1r2ya1z_500.gif

I would honestly just start with her greatest hits album lol. Very easy to get into the first half of her career that way.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
Just now, F AM E said:

I've always loved her visuals but could never get into her music sadly :noparty:

it's literally like @FrozenKookie said "Her music is hard to swallow at first, but it's everlasting once you got into it."

Freddy
3 minutes ago, Miel said:

Not super familiar with her work, but Pagan Poetry is amazing.

most likely one of her best song, the video is powerful too.

Miel
12 minutes ago, Freddy said:

most likely one of her best song, the video is powerful too.

I remember watching the video, and being completely blown away by the yelling in a non-language, and then I love him, I love him / she loves him, she loves him like... wow.

3 points in and ready for more

25 minutes ago, FrozenKookie said:

tumblr_nk6sqe7ljJ1r7kzmzo1_r1_1280.png

Her music is hard to swallow at first, but it's everlasting once you got into it.

but why is Medúlla the last one to listen to? It's the first "thing" I liked about her!

monsterdino
4 minutes ago, Miel said:

I love him, I love him / she loves him, she loves him like... wow.

When I first heared this I started crying bc I already knew that she divorced him years later and made a whole album about him/the divorce (Vulnicura)

monsterdino
Just now, Juvi said:

but why is Medúlla the last one to listen to? It's the first "thing" I liked about her!

bc it's the most experimental one

2 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

bc it's the most experimental one

mhmm............. that's true!

but songs like Oceania & Mouth's Cradle are just so............ "fluid" it's an EPCI experience to listen to them, but for the whole album it really makes sense..

John Slayne

so good to see some of you supporting Pagan Poetry, the best song of her career :whitney:

Pharamon
48 minutes ago, FrozenKookie said:

tumblr_nk6sqe7ljJ1r7kzmzo1_r1_1280.png

Her music is hard to swallow at first, but it's everlasting once you got into it.

I really really needed this thank you so much! :D so far the only songs I enjoy are Pluto and Mutual core lol

monsterdino
5 minutes ago, Skrill said:

so far the only songs I enjoy are Pluto

ahhhhhhh my kind of gal :diane:

Spoiler

the first song that I've heared from Björk was Pluto and I was shooketh

FrozenKookie

38 minutes ago, F AM E said:

I've always loved her visuals but could never get into her music sadly :noparty:

It's okay! I remember my first attempt to access her music. I started with Biophilia and it's a mistake lol (but I liked Crystalline so much omg). Then, someone from this forum 4 years ago posted a suggested order of the albums on how to appreciate her music and it was successful. I'm not shy to admit I was a bit late for the party coz she's been around for a while now, and I'm always proud that I'm a big fan of her. She made me realize the things music can do more than it should be. And ppl aren't lying when they say she's too ahead of her time. Bjork never fails to impress me. Her art is everything.

38 minutes ago, Miel said:

Not super familiar with her work, but Pagan Poetry is amazing.

33 minutes ago, Miel said:

I remember watching the video, and being completely blown away by the yelling in a non-language, and then I love him, I love him / she loves him, she loves him like... wow.

One of my all-time favourite MVs. Totally breathtaking.

8 minutes ago, Skrill said:

I really really needed this thank you so much! :D so far the only songs I enjoy are Pluto and Mutual core lol

At least you already liked some of her songs. Homogenic is not just the best Bjork album for me, but also the best album I know.

2 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

ahhhhhhh my kind of gal :diane:

Hide contents

the first song that I've heared from Björk was Pluto and I was shooketh

Pluto is still more innovative alone compared to all the songs on the radio combined after 20 years.

monsterdino
1 minute ago, FrozenKookie said:

Pluto is still more innovative alone compared to all the songs on the radio combined after 20 years.

TRUTH

Archived