Father John Misty says he loves Gaga, hates the industry

Miracle

Featured Posts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Miel said:

Yeah, definitely.

It's kind of scary, because on one hand, I want to believe that they dress out of their own volition (pressure to fit into what society finds is normative for pop starts to wear aside), and sometimes they say as such.

On the other hand, are they forced/coerced to state as much as such?

I'm conspiracy spiraling omg

I don't know, but I don't think they mind. It seems to go with the personality they show us in interviews, on stage etc. It could all be fake, but I find it hard to believe. And when they act really dirty, like Miley Cyrus with Robin Thicke at VMAs, I'm not even sure they gain anything by it, unless all their fans are liberal enough not to be offended. Then again, shock value gives a lot of publicity.

Kermit

You guys are something else...

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

XMonsterMonster

I mean, it was obvious that he wasn't shading her. He respects her as an artist, this is why he worked with her in the first place. 

Just some people need to stop being overdramatic. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

There's so many possible variables. To assume that it's all cool because the album is out is a pretty simplistic view imo. It could be that she wanted more control over it and what we eventually got was not entirely her vision, it could be that she fought a long time to allow them to release it. It could be that it had nothing to do with Gaga and more with his interactions with them, the contracting/royalties etc. 

Yes, it could be. But it could also be that they were very reasonable and let Lady Gaga have a lot of control. All we know is that the end result was a good album. And if it wasn't entirely her vision, how do we know her vision would have been better? It's not unreasonable for people from the label to also have their opinions. What seems more unreasonable to me is to call them "****ing psychos".

LITTLEMONSTERS
3 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

and they said he insulted her.

:ladyhaha:

and someone even claimed how RedOne never talked smack about Gaga. I told him that FJM did no such thing and his reply was about whether or not I stanned FJM. Like whether or not I like him is irrelevant to whether or not he insulted Gaga. :rip: No I don't stan him but what you should be discussing wasn't whether or not I like him.  :rip:

Where are you now? :ladyhaha:

redone talked smack about gaga??

SEANGT

he was rambling in the other thread for sure and making it confusing. But it is fairly clear he's hating on the industry as a whole and not Gaga. 

DeleteMyAccount
8 hours ago, truthteller said:

it's an interview. not a presidential debate. nor an essay. :awkney:

Well clearly that still didn't go over nicely. I'd expect clear answers for interviews, dates, and essays as well. 

Bradley
9 hours ago, Oivind said:

These are his words, though:

"But why do you think that Lady Gaga or BeyoncĂ© would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if they weren’t looking for something? If they weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.”"

I read that four times and everytime I understood it as Gaga and Beyonce being an example of 'major pop acts' and the word 'they' represents pop stars in general. Because he was talking about pop music in general earlier in the paragraph.

truthteller
23 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I read that four times and everytime I understood it as Gaga and Beyonce being an example of 'major pop acts' and the word 'they' represents pop stars in general. Because he was talking about pop music in general earlier in the paragraph.

people keep digging into the choice of words like it's a SAT test lol :awkney:

Helxig

Glad he cleared that up.

Though he seems to have some arrogance issues. 

Who knows what he's really like though, but that whole rant left a bad taste.

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

1 hour ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I'll let "Britney Spears and Katy Perry" stand in for "they", while "both of them" obviously means Lady Gaga and Beyonce. This doesn't make sense:

"But why do you think that Lady Gaga or BeyoncĂ© would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if Britney Spears and Katy Perry weren’t looking for something? If Britney Spears and Katy Perry weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.” Lady Gaga and Beyonce know I’m not running around looking for these gigs."

1 hour ago, truthteller said:

people keep digging into the choice of words like it's a SAT test lol :awkney:

When he talks about "****ing psychos", I want to know who he's talking about. Those are strong words. 

Harry
14 hours ago, Oivind said:

Yes, it could be. But it could also be that they were very reasonable and let Lady Gaga have a lot of control. All we know is that the end result was a good album. And if it wasn't entirely her vision, how do we know her vision would have been better? It's not unreasonable for people from the label to also have their opinions. What seems more unreasonable to me is to call them "****ing psychos".

I don't doubt that at all nor do I entirely disagree with you or condone his wording, but it just seems obvious to me that he's referring to the people in suits rather than anyone involved creatively. That's all I was saying. 

Bradley
8 hours ago, Oivind said:

I'll let "Britney Spears and Katy Perry" stand in for "they", while "both of them" obviously means Lady Gaga and Beyonce. This doesn't make sense:

"But why do you think that Lady Gaga or BeyoncĂ© would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if Britney Spears and Katy Perry weren’t looking for something? If Britney Spears and Katy Perry weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.” Lady Gaga and Beyonce know I’m not running around looking for these gigs."

He was speaking orally and let's not assume perfection from everything he said. I'm sure he meant no personal insult towards Beyonce or Gaga. At least that's what I firmly believe in.

Archived