💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Jessica Lange leave Horror Story because of Gaga's involvement?

Bradley

Featured Posts

holy scheisse
5 hours ago, monketsharona said:

But she's the one who called Ryan to join...

Didn't say that he sought her out. I said that he added her to the show. Maybe the timing was good , maybe had Lange not been leaving it would've been a no. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
2 minutes ago, holyscheisse said:

Was he more willing to take her on because Lange was leaving? That's the question I base my hypothesis on.

I don't think so. I think he genuinely believed in Gaga as an actress and wanted to collaborate with her. He said that her role was initially small, consisting up to only four episodes, so it wasn't really sufficient to fill the lead actress role. It was until later that Gaga decided to do the whole season.

YeehawKylie

I doubt it. Ryan Murphy gave her 4 years of the same role in different settings. I think she wanted to challenge herself a bit.

PoshLife
On 3/11/2017 at 9:00 AM, PerfectIllusion said:

4 seasons were enough for her i think but i do agree that she doesnt like Gaga.... Probably because of how easy it was for her to just get on the show :awkney:

Yeah it was really easy for her to become such a gigantic pop star and household name that people would want her on their show. That must have been such a cinch for her.

ARTGOD

She was originally just gonna do one season, then Ryan convinced for Asylum, after that, knowing that she was a staple of the show and Ryan was gonna try to convince her to do more anyways she agreed to a final two seasons, it was in Coven that it was announced that the fourth season would be her last. Gaga came into the picture probably mid Freak Shows production, so no, Jessica had made up her mind two years before that.

MonsterofFame
On 3/11/2017 at 8:58 AM, Bradley Cooper said:

Now I am in awe of how Sarah Paulson was shooting Horror Story and Crime Story at the same time :giveup:

There was an article I read with Paulson talking about the gruesome schedule when she did that. I wish I remembered where but try to find it.. it was around the time she won a bunch of awards for those shows. The details will make you even more in awe.

juju

She didn't even want to do a season 4, she's tired. But Freakshow was her idea, so naturally, she stayed through that. No need to reach.

❤ x ❤

Diamond Heart

Nah.
This is how i think things happened.
Jessica was already leaving she already said she wanted to. So Ryan was looking extra talent due to Langes departure. So obviously Gaga and Ryan agreed for her to do some episodes (and i think originally Naomi Campbell and Chloe's characters had more time than they were given in the end) and Gaga after period of time decided she wanted to dive in and focus on AHS so Ryan upgraded her to main cast causing other parts to become smaller and plot lies to be re written to cater more to the countess character. 
So while all this is happening AHS cast are promoting the new season and this panel happens with Jessica Lange. 
Then the Gaga question happened. Do i think Jessica has any ill feelings towards Gaga as a person? No. 
BUT
I totally think she was kinda offended or at the very least annoyed by the question. 'Like as if some popstar staying would make me change my career plans? How dare they think that!'

Or something along those lines. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Archived