💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Jessica Lange leave Horror Story because of Gaga's involvement?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Benji

I understand her response, it only comes of shady if you want it too.

She made her mind up that she wanted to leave, why would a pop star joining the cast make you change your mind? It's not like Gaga was known for her acting and I doubt many actors would want to commit to a project they did not want to over someone who they don't know joining.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella
1 hour ago, Kim Woodburn said:

Love Jessica but she pulled a 2012 Madonna in that interview and I did not like it.

Lol. She's not like that 

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Kim Woodburn
7 minutes ago, DevilHeart said:

Lol. She's not like that 

I know, I think she's a brilliant actress and admire her greatly.

However I think when being asked about another (high profile) actress (I'm guessing we can call Gaga that now) she should've answered more clearer.

It was like when Madonna was frequently asked about Gaga a few years ago and it was just beating around the bush, either you like someone or you don't.

I think as people have already said she was just tired of doing the same thing. Lange is actually really humble and somewhat socially awkward, I don't think she mean't anything by that interview.

She's not the type to snub someone for not being a "traditional" actor, because that's exactly how her career started. She was always interested in the arts (photography in particular), but she only began her acting career after some night acting classes while she worked as a waitress full time during the day. In fact she got a lot of criticism for her first role in King Kong for not being a "traditional" actor and just being a pretty face, so she's not going pass the same judgement to Gaga that her critics gave to her all those years ago.

holy scheisse

Honestly I feel Gaga was only added to the show to counter the impending loss of queen Jessica. A new queen to fill the void. But unfortunately Gaga's not the best actress :neyde:who would've guesst?lol

Trepadation

when one supreme emerges the other weakens :v:

11 hours ago, PerfectIllusion said:

4 seasons were enough for her i think but i do agree that she doesnt like Gaga.... Probably because of how easy it was for her to just get on the show :awkney:

Yeah, no accidental shade from that panel but I don't think it caused her to leave. I think she was probably annoyed that people considered Gaga the new Jessica Lange and she wasn't here for that. 

As much as Lange is a queen I was over her playing the same role two seasons in a row. 

Used to be on here as broadwaybobby in TFM era

Bradley
9 hours ago, holyscheisse said:

Honestly I feel Gaga was only added to the show to counter the impending loss of queen Jessica. A new queen to fill the void. But unfortunately Gaga's not the best actress :neyde:who would've guesst?lol

No. Gaga was the one who approached Ryan and told him that she wanted to be part of the show.

It wasn't Ryan who sought her out to fill the vacant position of Lange.

TheKillerQueen

I doubt because of Gaga... But I lost respect for Jessica after actting like a b**** towards Gaga. Unprofessional. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

latina twilight

I don't know whether she likes Gaga, but I don't feel like she was being shady towards her but the interviewer since, well, that was a pretty effin' stupid question. Like :neyde: he could've just ask her opinion on her in the show and that's it.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

15 hours ago, Kim Woodburn said:

Love Jessica but she pulled a 2012 Madonna in that interview and I did not like it.

I was waiting for the "Look it up" :madge:

Seeka

I think it was made obvious by Lange she wanted out of the show even before Gaga ever appeared on the scene. I think she was talking about quitting even before Coven began shooting.

I think Lange knows to leave something before it leaves you. While I honestly believe she could've done well a few more seasons, we have to admit that if Elizabeth march was played by Jessica, the character would've come off completely different.

As for Gaga and Jessica, I believe that is their personal business, but I'm pretty sure they have a healthy respect for one another.

monketsharona
12 hours ago, holyscheisse said:

But she's the one who called Ryan to join...

Panchecco

no she was tired of being in the show long before gaga was involved 

Ryan made FreakShow her last season because she was the one who actually had the idea of a decaying carnival being the theme for one season so it made sense for Ryan and the showrunners to have FreakShow as her last season 

In the interview she doesn't really understand what she was asked and she was probably feeling a bit awkward, it's not her fault, Tim Stack sucks at doing panels... I don't think she has nothing against Gaga, maybe she just doesn't care about her :poot:

holy scheisse
8 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

No. Gaga was the one who approached Ryan and told him that she wanted to be part of the show.

It wasn't Ryan who sought her out to fill the vacant position of Lange.

Was he more willing to take her on because Lange was leaving? That's the question I base my hypothesis on.

Archived