Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga's Drag Race First 18 Minutes

alp0707

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I really need to say this.

I'm appalled by how these drags behave. I'm not against drag culture, if you wanna dress like a woman as a man, fine. But can I just point out how rude and sarcastic they generally are towards each other? Every time a contestant enters the room, I see so little applause but so much shade and insult. If you wanna do something for the LGBT community, the last thing you need to is to give non-LGBT people the impression that your bunch of people are rude and sarcastic because you think being that way helps you 'slay'. That is not only cringeworthy but atrocious.

One of the drags was asking about where her station was and no one offered help? That STD reference when the other drag claimed her style to be universal? And then that whole 'I was referring to your personality, is it fake?' scene and how they laugh at inappropriate things and the envious faces they make when another contestant enters into the room?

Obviously these drags only kiss Gaga's a*s because she's famous and I don't like how they're showing less respect for other drags than they show to Gaga just because she's the most popular person in the room.

I really hope their mentality doesn't rub off on GGD or the audience who tuned into their show, because kindness and acceptance help you 'slay', not shades or insults.

8 hours ago, Clip said:

I agree. I think it's all part of the drag culture to be "sassy" like that, but I still don't like it. It reminds me of those mean people on highschool that are trying to "shade" you all the time just so the rest laughs. 

There are still some nice queens like Latrice, though

Did you even watch the show?

Don't prejudge it when you haven't watched a whole season, at first I was like that to, but you should NEVER take drag too seriously. It was pretty obvious to me that all the shade was done with no hard feelings.

But I get that when you're new to the show you would think like that.

Now I'm obsessed with the show, it changed my life by opening my mind a lot more than it was before. It really is my favorite thing in life together with Gaga :diane:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
9 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I'm appalled by how these drags behave. I'm not against drag culture, if you wanna dress like a woman as a man, fine. But can I just point out how rude and sarcastic they generally are towards each other? Every time a contestant enters the room, I see so little applause but so much shade and insult. If you wanna do something for the LGBT community, the last thing you need to is to give non-LGBT people the impression that your bunch of people are rude and sarcastic because you think being that way helps you 'slay'. That is not only cringeworthy but atrocious.

One of the drags was asking about where her station was and no one offered help? That STD reference when the other drag claimed her style to be universal? And then that whole 'I was referring to your personality, is it fake?' scene and how they laugh at inappropriate things and the envious faces they make when another contestant enters into the room?

Obviously these drags only kiss Gaga's a*s because she's famous and I don't like how they're showing less respect for other drags than they show to Gaga just because she's the most popular person in the room.

I really hope their mentality doesn't rub off on GGD or the audience who tuned into their show, because kindness and acceptance help you 'slay', not shades or insults.

LMAO you may just don't get drag culture. If you wanna see mean, look up Phiphi O'hara, the rest are just playing around when.they do these things, outside RPDR, they are cool with each other, even borrowing each other head piece or dress or make up kit every noe and then.

Also, they were in a competition, would you actually stop yourself from getting yourself a station to help another contestant? That is unrealistic!

Don't judge only from what you can see in the show, they are trying to make good TV with all the dramas involved. Observe deeper then say something.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

doppelganger
9 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

You need to watch Paris is Burning and understand the concept of "shade". 

Carlitos
10 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Shut up please. It's Drag!!

Drag Queens are meant to be shady, it's basically no different to how some members act here. Also this a reality show, everything is made out to dramatic. If you're truly offended by what some drag queens have to say, gurl you in danger.

2 hours ago, Whis said:

Did you even watch the show?

Don't prejudge it when you haven't watched a whole season, at first I was like that to, but you should NEVER take drag too seriously. It was pretty obvious to me that all the shade was done with no hard feelings.

But I get that when you're new to the show you would think like that.

Now I'm obsessed with the show, it changed my life by opening my mind a lot more than it was before. It really is my favorite thing in life together with Gaga 

Yes I do watch the show! I've watched from season 2-7, but I still think that they often are kind of rude (I mean, don't get me wrong, I love this show and I've learnt a lot about drag from it). Like, that time Raja and the other girls were the "heathers" and the others were the "buggers". The shade thing is funny when they're doing the reading challenge or the roast, but I don't really think it's nice when a queen enters the workroom for the first time and there's already someone with a shock/disgust face. Btw, sorry if this has a million grammar mistakes, I'm so tired today :poot:

Bradley
12 hours ago, Carlitos said:

Shut up please. It's Drag!!

Drag Queens are meant to be shady, it's basically no different to how some members act here. Also this a reality show, everything is made out to dramatic. If you're truly offended by what some drag queens have to say, gurl you in danger.

Just because it's the 'norm' doesn't mean it's right and should be defended. Black people were discriminated (still are, to some extent) but that doesn't mean it should be perpetuated because it has always been the 'norm'. I will proudly applaud and befriend any drag who is nice to people, I have nothing against drag culture. It is the attitude which is repellent. Anyone who is not drag who behaves that way should be equally reprimanded. It is just that drags happen to have that tendency towards people.

Archived