💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Songs You Would Choose As Leads of ARTPOP & Joanne ?

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster

Lead single choices of ARTPOP and Joanne are often seen as bad choices by Lil Managers.

If you actually had ability to choose, which songs would you choose as lead singles of ARTPOP and Joanne ?

For Joanne: A-YO
Simply because it is a catchy, fun, funky pop tune that would certainly be a hit if it was released as the lead. 

For ARTPOP: AURA
I would choose Aura considering how everyone was talking about how different and groundbreaking ARTPOP was, Aura would have been the choice. Totally unorthodox sound for mainstream Pop, only I wouldn't choose the album version. 

Spoiler

Or maybe swine but not the album version, Drew Stevens' remix(it is godly):

homomo

Aura and Diamond Heart

I don't care for Diamond Heart, but it seems more reasonable as the lead single.

RochestrMonstr

Venus and Diamond Heart. 

Venus is just as "different" as Applause, but Venus has a chorus that's beyond fire. I intend no pun when I say Venus's chorus is Out-of-this-World! 

Diamond Heart is a rocking stadium banger that makes the perfect opening track and I think would have made it the perfect lead single and perfect for the Super Bowl. (She obviously would have needed to promote it, unlike PI, but I think it's a better choice than PI anyway). 

Johnny Wayne

Applause was the perfect lead single but I'd swap Perfect Illusion with A-YO

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

Hmm difficult...

Venus because Gaga's leads need a fire chorus :firega:

And to be honest I'd have MR as the lead for Joanne, start more emotional and venture to Hey Girl and maybe DIC before finishing off with PI :staymad:

heauxmatica

tonythewitch

I think both APPLAUSE and PERFECT ILLUSION were good lead single choices but of course it's my opinion (since I love both songs a lot)

tenor.gif

15jocart

DWUW (without the Terry context) and A-Yo. Both are radio-friendly, energetic, relatable songs. Applause is not relatable to the vast majority of the public and Perfect Illusion is too different from what's on the radio without being crazy enough to compensate for that (and it's the same line over and over again).

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

DWUW with Christina would've fared well as an ARTPOP lead single.

As far as Joanne, I think she picked the most appropriate song. PI screams "radio hit", at least more so than anything else on the album.

❤ x ❤

Archived