opinion

3rd Single Debate

Decodekid

3rd Single   

724 members have voted

1. 1. Next Single

Featured Posts

God Control

The idea of a 3rd single should be forgotten. Let's face it, Joanne did not work. Whether you call it pop with country influences, pure country, rock, or whatever it is, it doesn't sound like Lady Gaga and if it did, it would've resonated with the public and fans. The album did sell, but it's because her name is attached to it. So of course it will. It's not a horrible album, but it's not a Lady Gaga album either. The cover promised minimalism and simplicity and the album itself ended up being quite convoluted in terms of its identity.

I listened to it, I wanted to like it so much, but it's just not me and definitely not what I liked Gaga for. I could enjoy an album like that or some tracks of it from Avril Lavigne or Shania Twain, but not Lady Gaga.

All that aside, commercially, it did not live up to her past successes and the style of the songs did not leave her many options to get creative with the performances. The Super Bowl and the response to it is a proof that the public is interested in that type of singer, not the one she presented in Joanne, which is obviously why she did Coachella focusing on her past hits, and introducing a new song, instead of announcing a new single at the Superbowl from Joanne and taking advantage of the promo. By that time, she obviously realized that the era is beyond over.

Releasing The Cure now is a brilliant idea and it's a wonderful song and a true return to form. I wish her all the best with it and I truly hope she makes an EP that include The Cure.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FREEPALESTINE
5 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

The idea of a 3rd single should be forgotten. Let's face it, Joanne did not work. Whether you call it pop with country influences, pure country, rock, or whatever it is, it doesn't sound like Lady Gaga and if it did, it would've resonated with the public and fans. The album did sell, but it's because her name is attached to it. So of course it will. It's not a horrible album, but it's not a Lady Gaga album either. The cover promised minimalism and simplicity and the album itself ended up being quite convoluted in terms of its identity.

I listened to it, I wanted to like it so much, but it's just not me and definitely not what I liked Gaga for. I could enjoy an album like that or some tracks of it from Avril Lavigne or Shania Twain, but not Lady Gaga.

All that aside, commercially, it did not live up to her past successes and the style of the songs did not leave her many options to get creative with the performances. The Super Bowl and the response to it is a proof that the public is interested in that type of singer, not the one she presented in Joanne, which is obviously why she did Coachella focusing on her past hits, and introducing a new song, instead of announcing a new single at the Superbowl from Joanne and taking advantage of the promo. By that time, she obviously realized that the era is beyond over.

Releasing The Cure now is a brilliant idea and it's a wonderful song and a true return to form. I wish her all the best with it and I truly hope she makes an EP that include The Cure.

Exactly.

But still, i wont call The Cure, curative or wonderul.

God Control
1 minute ago, omagaga said:

Exactly.

But still, i wont call The Cure, curative or wonderul.

Maybe it's not her best track. I mean it didn't stun me like Alejandro, Marry The Night, Monster or Dance In The Dark, but it's still a much better and more honest effort than everything on Joanne and the majority of ARTPOP.

Galagala

The cure!!!! Love its atmosphere:golfclap:

But I think Joanne era hasn't end

FREEPALESTINE
1 minute ago, Givenchy said:

Maybe it's not her best track. I mean it didn't stun me like Alejandro, Marry The Night, Monster or Dance In The Dark, but it's still a much better and more honest effort than everything on Joanne and the majority of ARTPOP.

Joanne has a great car vibes, her tone is kinda new, her lyrics too. i mean i don't love it as i dont hate it. Angel Down is to me a very nice one, Sinner's Payer too. it's something unusual. she could have make it more raw in a way, but America is America. Mainstream is mainstream. Gaga is Gaga. But The Cure...comon gurl. where do u think she's goin.

God Control
12 minutes ago, omagaga said:

Joanne has a great car vibes, her tone is kinda new, her lyrics too. i mean i don't love it as i dont hate it. Angel Down is to me a very nice one, Sinner's Payer too. it's something unusual. she could have make it more raw in a way, but America is America. Mainstream is mainstream. Gaga is Gaga. But The Cure...comon gurl. where do u think she's goin.

She's going for a similar style to The Fame, which is the album that made her a known pop star, followed be her most acclaimed album/ep The Fame Monster. 

FREEPALESTINE
9 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

She's going for a similar style to The Fame, which is the album that made her a known pop star, followed be her most acclaimed album/ep The Fame Monster. 

similar, i dont think either. the fame tone was at the time really singular to gaga, or? she really made something unique out of that sound.

God Control
1 minute ago, omagaga said:

similar, i dont think either. the fame tone was at the time really singular to gaga, or? she really made something unique out of that sound.

I love Lady Gaga, but I still believe that non of the things she made were that original or new. I don't wanna bring Madonna into this again, but most of her work, musical or visual was either taken from Madonna, MJ, Grace Jones, Donna Summer, Lisa Minelli, Cher and many other legends. And her music, especially The Fame, weren't new or shocking. They were the typical style of that time, except that she added the avant-garde fashion and the image that she created from numerous inspiration of other artists, and she stood out because she was the only new artist who wrote deep or light lyrics with stunning visuals and sometimes generic or dark music.

She never really invented anything new and the fact that her fanbase isn't that shocked by her anymore is because they feel that she played all her cards or that the reason she shocked them is not longer shocking because they've seen it before. So I doubt she'll make anything now that'll make any impact that is as strong as the past albums, at least not without losing her global fame and commercial success. She could go Bjork's way, who is a very talented and original artist that probably inspired Gaga's visuals, but then again, when was the last time you heard Bjork on the radio?

Bjork got famous as an experimental singer with striking visuals. She basically remained the same. She wasn't the Madonna or Gaga or Katy Perry or Michael Jackson of any time. She was herself and she stayed true to her style. As for Gaga, trying to create something new is a risk, because she's a pop singer before anything and it's her outfits and visuals that made her well-known. It's not really easy to keep that balance, my friend.

FREEPALESTINE
26 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

I love Lady Gaga, but I still believe that non of the things she made were that original or new. I don't wanna bring Madonna into this again, but most of her work, musical or visual was either taken from Madonna, MJ, Grace Jones, Donna Summer, Lisa Minelli, Cher and many other legends. And her music, especially The Fame, weren't new or shocking. They were the typical style of that time, except that she added the avant-garde fashion and the image that she created from numerous inspiration of other artists, and she stood out because she was the only new artist who wrote deep or light lyrics with stunning visuals and sometimes generic or dark music.

She never really invented anything new and the fact that her fanbase isn't that shocked by her anymore is because they feel that she played all her cards or that the reason she shocked them is not longer shocking because they've seen it before. So I doubt she'll make anything now that'll make any impact that is as strong as the past albums, at least not without losing her global fame and commercial success. She could go Bjork's way, who is a very talented and original artist that probably inspired Gaga's visuals, but then again, when was the last time you heard Bjork on the radio?

Bjork got famous as an experimental singer with striking visuals. She basically remained the same. She wasn't the Madonna or Gaga or Katy Perry or Michael Jackson of any time. She was herself and she stayed true to her style. As for Gaga, trying to create something new is a risk, because she's a pop singer before anything and it's her outfits and visuals that made her well-known. It's not really easy to keep that balance, my friend.

Word. 

Seashell Hooker

I guess the A-YO VS DIC war is over. :giggle: Even if The Cure didn't happen, I think it would have been A-YO after Coachella. Sorry DICers! :ladyhaha:

Aphrodite Lady ~ Seashell Bikini

8 hours ago, Seashell Hooker said:

I guess the A-YO VS DIC war is over. :giggle: Even if The Cure didn't happen, I think it would have been A-YO after Coachella. Sorry DICers! :ladyhaha:

:reductive: Y A S :lolly:

YAAAS GAGA

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived