đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dangerous Woman Tour review

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Hey everyone, I saw Ariana Grande's Dangerous Woman tour tonight (I was in the floor, it was awesome) and I thought I'd give my thought son her show. I'll break the review up into sections and then give final thoughts at the end. 

Vocals: Ari definitely shined here. As you can expect, she sang her little heart out and reached the high notes and sounded beautiful. The backing track was used but not over used. Her voice shined especially well during ballads. She had the room in tears during Moonlight and Thinking About You. You could really feel the emotion. 

Choreo: Ari isn't really known for dancing but she actually pulled off some choreo. During numbers like Be Alright and Side To Side, Grande really showed off her dancing chops. During most numbers tho, the dancing is carried by the dancers who are all very talented.

Production: Ariana's show wasn't the all out spectacle one could expect from Gaga or Britney but certainly had elements of such a spectacle that made for an enjoyable pop concert. The lighting was spectacular, the lasers were so stunning. Levitating platforms were also a nice touch. The back drop screen is huge and adds plenty of depth. The coolest part in terms of stage set up was when they recreated the gum from Side To Side on stage with the bikes and everything. 

Setlist: the song selection was very good. She included every song on the Dangerous Woman album as well as five songs from My Everything. Both of these are stellar pop albums and made for a very good setlist. One thing tho, why was Yours Truly completely paid dust. The Way went 3x platinum and peaked higher then One Last Time, it deserved to be performed. Yours Truly didn't deserve the diss.

Audience interaction: She's not very chatty. She says I love you during the show and references the city multiple times. One noticeable exception tho was her speech about being yourself, it was given in a heartwarming way and while no one can beat Gaga's incredible ability to make you feel special, Ariana's attempt was successful enough. 

Opening Acts: The first opening act was a women named Victoria Monet. She was pretty good. Not really anything noteworthy. The second act was Little Mix, they were really fun. They danced and sang well enough and there sang selection seemed to be mostly hits, so that was a +.

Overall: In conclusion it was a really fun show. She sang great, danced well, it was enough spectacle but not too much and her show was a great compilation of A+ pop music. It gets a strong recommendation from me.

Bradley

The Be Alright choreography is amazing, it's so Vogue and it really shows how Ariana can dance if she puts more effort into that field.

Ferrer Zorola

She's my only fave other than Gaga 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

LIFE IS GOOD

Born To Slay
5 hours ago, vocalqueef said:

Can't wait to see her in June... btw did you have normal floor tickets or early entry? 

Normal

Born To Slay
5 hours ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

She's my only fave other than Gaga 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I'm very similar. I only have 3 favs, Gaga, Ari and Britney.

Born To Slay
2 hours ago, vocalqueef said:

how close to the main stage were you?

I was about 10 feet away from the B stage. So I had a good view of the main stage.

3 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I was about 10 feet away from the B stage. So I had a good view of the main stage.

Nice. One more question and I'll stop being annoying :sweat: How long before the show did you get in line? I bought early entry as I don't wanna stand in line for more than 3 hours but still be very close to the main stage.

Spoiler

and what was your favourite part of the show?:stalkga:

Archived