💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

LGBT lyrics removed from Lady Gaga song

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/02/19/fans-outraged-after-lgbt-lyrics-removed-from-lady-gaga-song-in-bbc-singing-competition/?utm_source=PNFB&utm_medium=SocialFB&utm_content=FBMB&utm_campaign=PNFacebook

Some fans of the BBC singing competition ‘Let it Shine’ are outraged after crucial LGBT lyrics were taken out of a performance of Lady Gaga’s hit Born This Way.

Lyrics that were taken out from the song included: “No matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgendered life. I’m on the right track baby. I was born to survive”.

“Don’t be a drag, just be a queen,” was also removed.

Fans accused the band as well as the BBC for “straightening” up the song and they expressed dismay that the performance didn’t capture the essence of the song.

“As if they f***ing had to straighten up Born This Way. F*** off BBC. #LetItShine,” wrote one viewer on twitter.

Another disgruntled person said: “So the BBC edited Born This Way for #letitshine so it didn’t mention any LGBT references. Surely that’s the whole message of the song?”

“#letitshine how can you sing born this way without mentioning anything about equality and diversity ??? It’s the point of the song,” someone else added.

Boy bands compete in the show to win a role in a stage musical about the group Take That. The band did not make it through to the next round in the show after losing a sing off.

You can watch the performance here:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diamond Heart

Why take out the most important/relevant lyrics to the songs meaning? 
Disappointing. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Rolodex of Hate

Maybe they just wanted to shorten the song because fds it is quite long?

We have no legal choice but to stan

Sepsami

This performance is so gay, the feathers, the costumes like ??? No amount of straight guy choreo is going to get rid of that, truly cringy :awkney:

Jenina

I appreciate them singing the song but it takes the whole meaning out of the song if you don't talk about diversity and equality.  Idk whoever thought that was a good idea whether it was the performers or BBC smh

cool

it wasn't really taken out. I think it was more a case of lets just do a boyband slow version of a song and make it our own but stop complaining it keeps born this way relevant.

Archived