💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Your First Reaction to Gaga's Lead Singles.Stories

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

holy scheisse

1. just dance--> found it on somebodys myspace profile lolll and immediately became obsessed. before i had an ipod, before the days of streaming, i would scan the radio stations praying to hear it. it was my life

2. bad romance--> found the leaked demo online, around the time of halloween, and it SHOOK me. i loved the spookiness

3. born this way--> hard for me to swallow at first because i was still kind of closeted. definitely had to grow on me but to this day, it remains one of my favorites and is impactful on my decision to embrace myself

4. applause--> underwhelmed. sounded basic and like she was regressing for the first time in her career lol. BUT applause is actually like my favorite song from art pop and i think so far its aging well. it may not be innovative but it is a classic pop song.

5. perfect illusion--> slayed me. i cried listening to it because i had prettyy much given up on expecting music from gaga that instantly would make me fall in love but perfect illusion proved me wrong. amazing song and amazing angry energy and beautiful lyrics

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judas Society

First, I only became a monster when BTW came out. Though I can faintly remember hearing Just Dance and Bad Romance for the first time but it may not be accurate.

Just Dance

I was channel flipping and I came to MTV as they were playing Just Dance MV. I saw Gaga dancing in the living room set. I didn't know who "Lady Gaga" was or even knew she existed. I saw that and found that it was quite similar to Kelly Clarkson's Miss Independent video where she also had a living room scene which is very similar. So I thought "oh, another one of those generic pop girls..." (boy I couldn't have been more wrong then) :cryga:

Bad Romance

People around me started making "rawrrrr..." noises, like a growl or to show some sort of fierceness. Then I heard Bad Romance on the radio while I was driving to attend my classes. I already knew who Gaga was back then but I was still making that judgement that she was just another manufactured pop girl (I was so judgemental then as I was only listening to 80s music after being bored of the current music scene at that time) :icega:

Born This Way

By now I have thought Gaga was interesting coz Bad Romance blew up and I liked that song. People were singing her praises. So I followed her music and watched her videos. I happened to find out that she'll be performing her new single Born This Way at the Grammys and that she was currently incubating in an "egg". That caught my attention and I asked to work from home that day so that I can catch the Grammys on livestream. When I saw her open the Grammys by emerging from the vessel, I was hooked. She was so different from the others. Later on as I was following her career, BTW message struck me and I began to really accept myself being a gay man (I was not really acknowledging it though I was already meeting guys and bonking, but somehow it's a double life I was living). Born This Way, literally changed my life and saved me. :diane:

Applause

I stayed up late night because it was to be premiered on Ryan Seacrest's show coz it was leaked (damn hackers). So there was a POP EMERGENCY and the fanbase was freakin' out coz we haven't heard anything from Gaga for almost 2 years due to the blackout. Boy, I loved that song and thought it was great. Really late at night for me as I live in Asia. I went to bed after hearing it for 10 times maybe. :bye:

Perfect Illusion

Well, I was home as well waiting for Gaga to drop PF. We were so excited coz again, we haven't had a Gaga single for more than 2 years. I was refreshing her new website while waiting for the radio stream to premiere PF. The radio DJs were saying what a smash it was. I loved it though I was baffled to hear how Joanne really sound like when the dive tour started. Not what I was expecting after PF but it was a nice surprise. Gaga can still surprise me after all these years. I will continue stanning her until death parts us. :queenga:

DanceInTheDark
43 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

What do you mean by booked,honey ??? :P

I will write my essay later when I have my laptop, honey :gaysia:

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

BloodyJudas
Just now, DanceInTheDark said:

I will write my essay later when I have my laptop, honey 

Hold you to your word , sweetie :hor:

DanceInTheDark
Just now, BloodyJudas said:

Hold you to your word , sweetie :hor:

I wouldn't mind :hor:

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

I didn't know Gaga until after TFM was in full swing. So no realy reaction to JD and BR, though I loved them after I got into her of course.

BTW blew my mind. The message really left a lasting impact on me. I was a little taken aback by the sound, because it wasn't what I was expecting after she sang some lyrics in the Meat Dress. But being able to hear it on the radio just felt really special.

The "pop emergency" for Applause actually makes me cringe to this day. She just seemed to desperate. I'm glad she has matured and stopped caring so much about success. It was unhealthy and took away from the music. The Music Video, VMA's and seashell bikini saved it for me though. ARTPOP the album also has some of my favorite songs.

PI is/was so good. I was a little worried because I knew she was going in a new direction and even though I have confidence in her, I still didn't know what to expect. And the song was so good, I just felt a little emotional after waiting for so long and getting such good music from her. And now I know for sure that I can expect quality no matter what she does, I'll never have to be nervous again. The reaction on here on the other hand, little flopsters were being so extra.

Anderson123

Bad Romance: Listened to the demo and instantly fell in love with it, I knew something big was coming. When I listened to the full studio version I couldn't believe it.

Born This Way: I woke up at 5 am instead of 5:45 am so I could listen to the premiere of the song before I got ready for school and it was a fun experience. I was surprised at the sound  of it, I honestly didn't love it as much as Bad Romance because Gaga hyped the song to death that I had huge expectations of it. I love it so much now though.

Applause: I was on a trip to Las Vegas with my brother, as soon as I got on the plane I saw Gaga tweet about the pop emergency and that she was releasing the song earlier, so I was like OMG but I had to put my phone on airplane mode. Then hours later at night I tried to buy the song on iTunes but I think I had some issues because I was in the US. Anyway, I listened to the song a couple of times and felt disappointed, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it grew on me. Weeks later and even after the music video, I was never crazy about the song.

Perfect Illusion: I was in San Diego with my parents and woke up that morning to see that Gaga had announced the new single, got me so hyped. When it got released I got home after work and waited until it was available on iTunes. I bought it and listened to it, listened to it like 5 times. I was disappointed, didn't love it but also didn't dislike it. Months later I appreciate it now and I love it, the music video is great and it flows well with Joanne.

Just Dance: I didn't even know her until Poker Face. Once my classmate was dancing to Poker Face in school and I was like "What? who's this?". So when I got home, I searched for Gaga and then listened to both Just Dance and Poker Face. I didn't really like JD, and still today I'm not a big fan of the song.:poot:

Bad Romance: I loved Poker Face so much but still I didn't start following Gaga so I didn't even know when she released the song. I clearly remember that every time I turned on the TV, it was pretty sure that BR was gonna be played in the next few minutes. It was sooo magical.. I watched it every day on a show called 'Interactive' where they played the 5 most popular songs every day and BR was #1 for weeks or months (I dont remember). It was soo ridiculous for the producers as well.:diane:

Born This Way: I liked it for the first time, it was sooo goood. I became a huge fan of her after the Grammy performance that I watched for the first time (with no sound!) during class with my classmate.:ladyhaha:

Applause: I was on holiday at that time and I had no internet connection.:cryga: As soon as we stepped in a place with WiFi, I said to my family something like "Ok, you guys can sit in quiet now, because I'm listening to Gaga's new song called Applause (please buy it on iTunes:ladyhaha:)". It was pretty cool, I loved it.

Anything Goes: :laughga:

Perfect Illusion: I was so excited but I was a bit disappointed after the first listen. It was catchy but so simple. I sent it to my friend and she was disappointed too. We both felt that PI would flop on the charts. Now I'm in love with it tho, it's such a good song.:reductive:

:bye:

PMKKARDASHiAN

JD. man I like this jeffree starr song! :toofunny:

BR(demo). welp, her career is over

BR(album). holy christ what is the godly music! 

BTW. welp, her career really is over... 

A. omg a bop! Yes! 

PI. OMG!!! Best lead since BR!! Yaaas!!! 

BloodyJudas
2 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

JD. man I like this jeffree starr song! 

BR(demo). welp, her career is over

BR(album). holy christ what is the godly music! 

BTW. welp, her career really is over... 

A. omg a bop! Yes! 

PI. OMG!!! Best lead since BR!! Yaaas!!! 

Thank You darling ! Love your posts and comments ! You're so great !!! 

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, BloodyJudas said:

Thank You darling ! Love your posts and comments ! You're so great !!! 

Thank you! :hug:

A Real Panda

I didnt know Just Dance existed before Poker Face, all I remember is seeing the music video on MTV and being impressed with the glasses that had "Pop Music will never be the same". I liked PF then it was and is still a bop. 

Bad Romance, now I was browsing on Youtube around christmas '09 (I think) and saw the music video. I thought the song was so weird it sounded so good and the chorus took to damn long to get there. Now I realize I was just so used to the basic-ness before Gaga.

I cried after first hearing Born This Way and I was addicted to Lady Gaga. I felt so much love from this song and I "stanned".

Applause, has to be the best for me. When just the chorus leaked and I stayed up till 4am listening to the same damn chorus and when she declared pop emergency and released the full song I was slain. Its ear candy and feels so throwback to TF/TFM because it was without BTW's rock/metal appeal which I preferred. It just sounds so fresh.

Perfect Illusion, has to be the least exciting lead single for me. I didnt like the "loud and unpolished" vocals at first few listens but like every Gaga song, it grew on me. And after hearing Joanne, her vocals are superior like an Unplugged album and I guess thats what she was aiming for. 

If I had to rank them it would be: 

1. Applause

2. Born This Way

3. Bad Romance

4. Perfect Illusion

Decodekid
1 hour ago, monster78619 said:

Bad Romance: I wasn't up to date with gaga news so I had no idea about its release, it came on the radio and the guy said 'lady gaga's new track Bad Romance' and my mum changed the stations saying she'd already heard it and didn't like it :toofunny: 

so you're saying my mother in law hates Gaga :interestinga:

honey we need to move 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

WildAmerican

JD: I was a fetus, I don't remember

BR: My 12 year old ass couldn't handle this godly pop music.

BTW: came home from school, and listened to this anthem. was shook. so anthemic.

Applause: Don't remember this one. I wasn't really a fan this era. I was a fan from like 2010-2012 and like 2015-now so I missed this messy ARTPOP era. I still really like the song.

PI: So this one, I was so mixed about it. I literally listened to it 20 times in a row to realize that it was a jam. Still like it, but it's probably by least favorite lead from her. the flopping didn't help...

BR > BTW > JD > APPLAUSE > PI

Archived