Jump to content
Lady Gaga - The Fame
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
question

Why are there two versions of ''Work'' by Rihanna

Featured Posts

JoanneMonster   Paws Up 4,790
JoanneMonster

If you listen carfully, the normal version and the MV version sound different.

(1:12)

(1:04)

 

Edited by JoanneMonster
I See You

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monster78619   Paws Up 7,261
monster78619

Shame she didn't change the lyrics so we could comprehende tf she's saying :madge:

  • Like 1
Feel free to send me money btw

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoanneMonster   Paws Up 4,790
JoanneMonster

''wake up and everyhtin's wrong'' or whatever she says sounds different

Edited by JoanneMonster
I See You

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
holy scheisse   Paws Up 4,444
holy scheisse

"but why ya gotta act like nothings wrong?" VS  "but i wake up and act like nothings wrong."

exposed. work is a fraud. where is the consistency?

  • Like 8

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic   Paws Up 25,265
Supersonic

Sounds the same to me

Majestic, the future is electric.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azor Ahai   Paws Up 10,376
Azor Ahai

The video sounds like it's saying "why you gotta act like nothing's wrong"

It's not that I don't wanna love you

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan123   Paws Up 3,897
Alan123

You're right, it does sound a little different. I guess they changed a little bit of the song and used that for the music video while the single/album version stayed the same?

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DemeLarell   Paws Up 797
DemeLarell
7 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

Shame she didn't change the lyrics so we could comprehende tf she's saying :madge:

Spoiler

"If you’re going to say something on the Internet, in a public forum, for anyone to see, it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. Over the past week people have – by criticising Rihanna’s Barbadian patois in “Work” as “gibberish” – once again proved why we can’t have nice things, and why a lot of us need to sit the **** down."

Read More At:  http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30102/1/rihanna-s-patois-and-your-misinformed-memes

:lana:

 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Gervasi   Paws Up 830
Nick Gervasi

Just Dance music vid also sounds different. :sis:

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterPan   Paws Up 8,860
PeterPan
27 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:
  Hide contents

"If you’re going to say something on the Internet, in a public forum, for anyone to see, it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. Over the past week people have – by criticising Rihanna’s Barbadian patois in “Work” as “gibberish” – once again proved why we can’t have nice things, and why a lot of us need to sit the **** down."

Read More At:  http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30102/1/rihanna-s-patois-and-your-misinformed-memes

:lana:

 

Someone is going on a rampage about this.  I legit thought she was singing giberish when I first heard it since it made little sense.  

  • Like 1
Turning Monsters Into Puthinators one gay at a time

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
hunty   Paws Up 22,173
hunty
34 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:
  Hide contents

"If you’re going to say something on the Internet, in a public forum, for anyone to see, it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. Over the past week people have – by criticising Rihanna’s Barbadian patois in “Work” as “gibberish” – once again proved why we can’t have nice things, and why a lot of us need to sit the **** down."

Read More At:  http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30102/1/rihanna-s-patois-and-your-misinformed-memes

:lana:

 

Hunty rihanna can patois as much as she wants it wont change that its difficult to understand for un-patois speaking lessors like me. Im never gonna get whats racist about that.

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bio   Paws Up 8,576
Bio
4 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Hunty rihanna can patois as much as she wants it wont change that its difficult to understand for un-patois speaking lessors like me. Im never gonna get whats racist about that.

Very ignorant. It's like if British people said Americans speak only gibberish and should learn how to speak.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×