Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
question

Why are there two versions of ''Work'' by Rihanna

Featured Posts

JoanneMonster   Paws Up 3,331
JoanneMonster

If you listen carfully, the normal version and the MV version sound different.

(1:12)

(1:04)

Edited by JoanneMonster
I See You

monster78619   Paws Up 6,233
monster78619

Shame she didn't change the lyrics so we could comprehende tf she's saying :madge:

• Like 1
Feel free to send me money btw

JoanneMonster   Paws Up 3,331
JoanneMonster

''wake up and everyhtin's wrong'' or whatever she says sounds different

Edited by JoanneMonster
I See You

holy scheisse   Paws Up 3,897
holy scheisse

"but why ya gotta act like nothings wrong?" VS  "but i wake up and act like nothings wrong."

exposed. work is a fraud. where is the consistency?

• Like 8

Supersonic   Paws Up 20,759
Supersonic

Sounds the same to me

Majestic, the future is electric.

Azor Ahai   Paws Up 10,365
Azor Ahai

The video sounds like it's saying "why you gotta act like nothing's wrong"

It's not that I don't wanna love you

Alan123   Paws Up 3,180
Alan123

You're right, it does sound a little different. I guess they changed a little bit of the song and used that for the music video while the single/album version stayed the same?

• Like 1

DemeLarell   Paws Up 767
DemeLarell
7 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

Shame she didn't change the lyrics so we could comprehende tf she's saying :madge:

Spoiler

"If you’re going to say something on the Internet, in a public forum, for anyone to see, it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. Over the past week people have – by criticising Rihanna’s Barbadian patois in “Work” as “gibberish” – once again proved why we can’t have nice things, and why a lot of us need to sit the **** down."

Read More At:  http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30102/1/rihanna-s-patois-and-your-misinformed-memes

:lana:

• Like 3

KingOfTheClouds   Paws Up 6,485
KingOfTheClouds
27 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:
  Hide contents

"If you’re going to say something on the Internet, in a public forum, for anyone to see, it’s in your best interests to understand what you’re commenting on, so you don’t seem, at a loose best, willfully ignorant, or at worst, pretty racist. Over the past week people have – by criticising Rihanna’s Barbadian patois in “Work” as “gibberish” – once again proved why we can’t have nice things, and why a lot of us need to sit the **** down."

Read More At:  http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30102/1/rihanna-s-patois-and-your-misinformed-memes

Someone is going on a rampage about this.  I legit thought she was singing giberish when I first heard it since it made little sense.  

• Like 1

littlepotter   Paws Up 18,020
littlepotter
34 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:
  Hide contents

Hunty rihanna can patois as much as she wants it wont change that its difficult to understand for un-patois speaking lessors like me. Im never gonna get whats racist about that.

• Like 3

Bio   Paws Up 6,977
Bio
4 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Hunty rihanna can patois as much as she wants it wont change that its difficult to understand for un-patois speaking lessors like me. Im never gonna get whats racist about that.

Very ignorant. It's like if British people said Americans speak only gibberish and should learn how to speak.

• Like 2