đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Legion (New FX Superhero Show)

n0ne

Featured Posts

Finally go to seeing the premiere of Legion and my weave was completely obliterated. 

tumblr_ncdrx5Qt3R1s2ynnio1_400.gif

For those of you who don't know about it. It's a new superhero show based off a character from Marvel's X-Men comics and connects to film series. It premiered on FX last week. I would describe it as Inception meets X-Men with psychological thriller, arthouse, and surreal/dark humor elements. Here's the trailer:

It stars Dan Stevens, best known for his performance in the flawless movie, The Guest and who plays beast in the upcoming Beauty & the Beast movie. As well as Aubrey Plaza, best known as April from 1 of the best shows, Parks and Recreation. It's created by the man behind Fargo, another amazing FX series. If you watched the 2nd season of Fargo, you'll see some familiar faces as leads in this show as well.

Please check this show out. 

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first episode was absolutely brilliant, and that is coming from someone who has zero interest in superhero movies/television shows.

I don't think arthouse should ever be used unless you have proof it's gonna be good.

Neon Demon was a waste of my life.

But legion looks so good.

13 minutes ago, Seeka said:

I don't think arthouse should ever be used unless you have proof it's gonna be good.

Neon Demon was a waste of my life.

But legion looks so good.

Arthouse is a genre or influence, has nothing to do with reception. :oprah:

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

14 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

Arthouse is a genre or influence, has nothing to do with reception. :oprah:

Yes, I know, but still. Arthouse has a tendency of being light on the story and heavy on pretty surrealism. Or at least, it may invoke that image.

I've watched arthouse things before, don't get me wrong (or things I consider arthouse. Is hannibal arthouse? it should considered so) but like I said, it's a genre that tends to be really good or really bad with no real inbetween, and can be alienating to an audience.

1 minute ago, Seeka said:

Yes, I know, but still. Arthouse has a tendency of being light on the story and heavy on pretty surrealism. Or at least, it may invoke that image.

I've watched arthouse things before, don't get me wrong (or things I consider arthouse. Is hannibal arthouse? it should considered so) but like I said, it's a genre that tends to be really good or rally bad with real inbetween, and can be alienating to an audience.

I would definitely consider Hannibal arthouse. Love that flawless show.

I agree arthouse can be alienating and not for everyone, but I don't think it tends to be light on story.

Most of the arthouse influenced entertainment I have seen, including Hannibal and Legion, have in depth plots with complex/interesting storytelling and progression.

2 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

I would definitely consider Hannibal arthouse. Love that flawless show.

I agree arthouse can be alienating and not for everyone, but I don't think it tends to be light on story.

Most of the arthouse influenced entertainment I have seen, including Hannibal and Legion, have in depth plots with complex/interesting storytelling and progression.

I think it depends on the arthouse,

Like I said, I watched Neon Demon. I didn't watch it fully, so I may have not fully immersed myself as I should have, but a lot of it was very pretty, and I know that may have been trying to show not tell, but there is a point where it's pretty for the sake of pretty.

Though neon demon may have just sucked ass even if I did fully watch it. However there was honestly nothing keeping me to watch it, ya know? Nothing was truly capturing my attention after I just thought "This is pretty for the sake of pretty".

christinahoney
On 2/14/2017 at 0:59 AM, Seeka said:

I think it depends on the arthouse,

Like I said, I watched Neon Demon. I didn't watch it fully, so I may have not fully immersed myself as I should have, but a lot of it was very pretty, and I know that may have been trying to show not tell, but there is a point where it's pretty for the sake of pretty.

Though neon demon may have just sucked ass even if I did fully watch it. However there was honestly nothing keeping me to watch it, ya know? Nothing was truly capturing my attention after I just thought "This is pretty for the sake of pretty".

How is Hannibal arthouse lol

Because of the handful of surreal deaths?

8 minutes ago, christinahoney said:

Just search Hannibal and arthouse and you'll find multiple articles and critics describing it as such.

I don't see how it isn't arthouse, with its cinematography and surreal imagery. :oprah:

christinahoney
Just now, lilmonster93 said:

Just search Hannibal and arthouse and you'll find multiple articles and critics describing it as such.

I don't see how it isn't arthouse, with its cinematography and surreal imagery. :oprah:

I believe you it just has a lot of huge parts of "normal". When I think of arthouse I think of weird **** like that movie with the bunny people and 2-minute long single shot scenes and BZZZZZZ background music :wtfga:

2 minutes ago, christinahoney said:

I believe you it just has a lot of huge parts of "normal". When I think of arthouse I think of weird **** like that movie with the bunny people and 2-minute long single shot scenes and BZZZZZZ background music :wtfga:

Arthouse movies aren't just weird shot after weird shot, they still have a good amount of calm and normal sequences; otherwise they become gratuitous and saturated. I wouldn't call Hannibal a normal or typical show (it has that jarring music and long shots as well). A lot of the show has to do with intellect as well, so having random weird stuff all the time would kill the vibe. Those conversation and discussion moments are needed.

christinahoney
1 minute ago, lilmonster93 said:

Arthouse movies aren't just weird shot after weird shot, they still have a good amount of calm and normal sequences; otherwise they become gratuitous and saturated. I wouldn't call Hannibal a normal or typical show (it has that jarring music and long shots as well). A lot of the show has to do with intellect as well, so having random weird stuff all the time would kill the vibe. Those conversation and discussion moments are needed.

True :0

Hannibal has long shots? **** I need to rewatch...

2 hours ago, christinahoney said:

Have you seen hannibal?

The deer man?

The kaleidoscope lesbian sex scene?

The blind dragon?

The amazing eerie scene of all the dead bodies stitched together?

Archived