đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Chart Discussion: Joanne / Million Reasons

Noah

Featured Posts

Mister Gaga
5 hours ago, Admin said:

PI may have been a flop chart-wise, but there's no way it wasn't one of the main reasons the album opened with 200k

please explain me how. I mean, i usually agree with your opinions, but i simply don't understand this one :duck: PI was a fiasco. The GP hated it, many fans too..

imo, the 200k opening was thanks to her huge stan base and MR at SNL / Carpool. 

• Replies 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

The Revlon commercial with MR just aired during the premiere of #WhenWeRise I'm currently watching on ABC.

You all should too, catch up on your LGBT history it's so important especially in today's world. 

malazam
4 minutes ago, GABEL said:

it's easy! GAGA should shoot music video for both AYO and DIC 
 Release them at the same time and see which one can chart higher/stay longer on Itunes so we can stop arguing which song is a better single choice:derpga:

A-YO had its chances.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Bring them in then. 

As it has been already said. The tropical beat and build up/drop out thing is a fad that is starting to fizzle out as people are starting to move back to a more EDM and reaggea kind of sound. We all know how Gaga did in 2013 when she came like 2 months late to the EMD/Complextro party. The lyrics very blatantly talk about female masturbation, a topic that makes the main demographic of Pop radio uncomfortable (songs that are blatantly about sex don't make women or people in general nearly as uncomfortable because you know... Female masturbation is still a big taboo thing to discuss) and obviously it's a fan favorite which are prone to underperforming as singles (Marry The Night, Kiss It Better, G.U.Y., XO, Love On Top, Countdown, Man Down, Bitch Better Have My Money etc.)

There are loads of things that are speaking against DiC as a single, there are loads of things that speak for DiC as a single. My opinion on it is tainted because I personally think it's just a cheap carbon copy of Lean On, so take that information and do with it as you please.

Gagaloo911
20 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

On topic of 24K Magic doing "bad":

The song spent 15 weeks in the Top 10, while the album currently sits on #2 of the Billboard 200 for a fourth week, the rest of its 14 week chart run was spent exclusively in the Top 7.

I wish me doing bad looked like this. :chica:

Reveal hidden contents

I wish Gaga doing bad looked like this. :chica:

Some people on this site are so deluded and believe whatever they want to believe even without evidence. 

OT: This thread is so annoying now :saladga:

None of you really know what you're talking about. You have no idea how ANY song will pan out as an official single, all it is is speculation. May as well face that fact now. 

RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

As it has been already said. The tropical beat and build up/drop out thing is a fad that is starting to fizzle out as people are starting to move back to a more EDM and reaggea kind of sound. We all know how Gaga did in 2013 when she came like 2 months late to the EMD/Complextro party. The lyrics very blatantly talk about female masturbation, a topic that makes the main demographic of Pop radio uncomfortable (songs that are blatantly about sex don't make women or people nearly as uncomfortable because you know... Female masturbation is still a big taboo thing to discuss) and obviously it's a fan favorite which are prone to underperforming as singles (Marry The Night, Kiss It Better, G.U.Y., XO, Love On Top, Countdown, Man Down, Bitch Better Have My Money etc.)

There are loads of things that are speaking against DiC as a single, there are loads of things that speak for DiC as a single. My opinion on it is tainted because I personally think it's just a cheap carbon copy of Lean On, so take that information and do with it as you please.

IMO, it's still the closest to what's trendy today, compared to the 'funky' sound of A-YO which has been out of trend for many months already, and nothing else of it that's remarkably trendy. Plus, the masturbation argument would make sense if there hadn't already been hits out there that are about female masturbation, a few of them not any more subtle...

Just now, malazam said:

A-YO had its chances.

well it's not that bad.......it even charted higher than MR when she performed it at SNL
I never doubt DIC will be a better choice tho,the real problem is if radios are willing to support her or not
but if gaga make a feature like DIC feat Rihanna or DIC feat Maluma then we will have  a streaming hit in our pocket no doubt:firega:

Spoiler

we all know that she will never do it tho .....sadly:(

Mister Gaga
4 hours ago, LilMonsterKills said:

So Lorde is reportedly releasing this Friday.. I wonder if she has the power to dethrone Ed on iTunes :oprah:

I don't think so (maybe for a couple of hours), but if it's good and a slow burner (ala Royals), it could be massive. I can't wait tbh, i have so much faith that she can save us from this garbage music :giveup:

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

I acknowledge the dominance of streaming today but I still think it's unfair that a certain demographic (college age straight men) are being overrepresented on the Billboard Hot 100. Women tend to listen to radio and purchase actual singles on iTunes while men tend to stream. That's why The Weeknd, Drake, The Chainsmokers are all over Spotify/AM charts. 

I don't think men are running to stream anything from Ed Sheeran, Zayn or Justin Beiber, who are also huge streaming artists. Also to say men are the only ones streaming Drake and The Weekend or The Chainsmokers is not right. If they are at the top it's because they have both men and women streaming their songs, not just men.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

and when they chose MR as second single ,a lot of people said it would never success because only Adele could make  ballad song a hit......so I guess it's hard to tell if GP will like it or not:gaysia:
the best way to prove it is let gaga perform it on a talk show and if it goes no where we will know it's a bad single choice:ladyhaha: 

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

IMO, it's still the closest to what's trendy today, compared to the 'funky' sound of A-YO which has been out of trend for many months already, and nothing else of it that's remarkably trendy. Plus, the masturbation argument would make sense if there hadn't already been hits out there that are about female masturbation, a few of them not any more subtle...

Just because it has been done, doesn't mean that people are comfortable with it. Religious criticism has been done before, yet Judas still flopped. Talking about LGBT rights has been successfully done before, yet Born This Way still heavily damaged Gaga's public reputation.

JusKeepBreathin
34 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

On topic of 24K Magic doing "bad":

The song spent 15 weeks in the Top 10, while the album currently sits on #2 of the Billboard 200 for a fourth week, the rest of its 14 week chart run was spent exclusively in the Top 7.

I wish me doing bad looked like this. :chica:

Reveal hidden contents

I wish Gaga doing bad looked like this. :chica:

I don't think it did bad, (when compared to today's market), but his lead singles have performed better. I think his second single will perform much better. In sales, streaming and radio. IMO

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin

Can anyone tell me why Rihanna's Desperado is at #61 on iTunes? Did she perform it somewhere? Is it the next single? I'm :huh:. 

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Can anyone tell me why Rihanna's Desperado is at #61 on iTunes? Did she perform it somewhere? Is it the next single? I'm :huh:. 

Nope, people just like the song. Same with Sex With Me that has been dropping off and on the Hot 100 for weeks for no other reasons than people liking the song. :deadbanana:

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived