question

Is Gaga now Bigger than Katy Perry??!

GagaFace

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterofFame

Honestly, it's not an easy comparison anymore. Gaga has appeal to almost everybody now thanks to her image and musical direction change. She's more diversified and appeals to people of all ages.

Katy mostly appeals to the younger crowd and will do a lot better on the charts and maybe even pop culture. But that doesn't necessarily mean one is more popular than the other -- it's just in different ways.

Matangi Goddess

Not Quite! Honestly, Gaga is not even as popular as the fans and her record label present her to be. Gaga needed to perform Million Reasons a million times and needed the Superbowl  just to launch the song to become a one week top five hit. Katy Perry does not need promotion and  her music slays on the charts and is placed on rotation instantly by radio.  In additon to that, Katy's music videos gain hundreds of milliosn of views.Gaga can't even secure consistently a hit since the Born This Way Era. Gaga is more iconic, talented, and influential as a pop star and entertainer but in terms of actual commercial success, Gaga is far from her Fame Era days of commercial domination, She barely can get a top ten hit and needs a massive promo campagin and still poeple do not check for her the way little monsters do. Gaga is a type of artist where she just does not appeal to a massive audience anymore she is too different and people dont understand her and never will except her fans.

I think Gaga is more respected yes. People seem to point out that Katy has more hits but that doesn't determine who is bigger tbh. I think Gaga has a wider appeal and has an aesthetic and drive as an artist that then broadens her audience. Gaga is more respected I think by people and fans of different ages and different music tastes. The one issue is these people aren't the biggest fans of pop music, hence her songs don't go straight to number one. Katy Perry has a big fan base and they're mainly pop fans, hence why she's seen as a big pop artist. I think it's now seen that Katy can dominate the pop world but Gaga is more respected as an artist and has a bigger talent and presence. Katy is respected for her pop music and Gaga is respected in her musical abilities, her constant change of genre and her obvious talent. You also can't forget that Gaga did play a part in changing pop music and she caused shock waves through pop culture when she debuted, she has that legacy and Katy doesn't. They're both big just in very different ways.

tonythewitch

what does bigger mean anyway? 
Gaga is so superior to Katy about her art and talent and voice for sure, but the sales, the popularity IDK and who cares

or are we talking about their penises?

GagaFace
On February 25, 2017 at 10:59 PM, tonythewitch said:

what does bigger mean anyway? 
Gaga is so superior to Katy about her art and talent and voice for sure, but the sales, the popularity IDK and who cares

or are we talking about their penises?

They have penises? :huh:

i tought they were females :huh:

venusxillusion

She's always been a bigger star than Katy.  It's not just about the hits - Queenga has the cultural clout that Katy simply doesn't have.  

RochestrMonstr

Not really comparable. 

Gaga is more than just a pop star. Even if Katy does get bigger hits, Gaga's career goes way beyond being a pop star. She's an all-around entertainer. Gaga does what she wants, and does an amazing job of it. 

Katy follows radio trends, releases radio friendly music. She's good at it, sure, but that's not what Gaga's career is about. So I don't think they're comparable. 

DeanWinchester

Katy's era has only started but with Coachella recently added to Gaga's already impressive belt for 2017, currently, yes. 

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

MonsterPaws
On 2/25/2017 at 1:25 PM, AlyM said:

Did not expect that.

Side note:

295uw48.png

This is search interest of Gagz (blue) and Katy (red) in the UAE (home country) and I swear this accurately reflects conservatism too :toofunny:

Most of the blue parts are actually really really tiny since it's mostly desert. But since Katy Perry is "GP friendly", she's more popular in the red (stricter) areas of the country.

I highly doubt anyone will get this but I find it hilarious :air:

tonythewitch
5 hours ago, GagaFace said:

They have penises? :huh:

i tought they were females :huh:

ur hot!

Archived