Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Dear White People

VTV

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, kevinthesheep said:

I get it, stereotypes can be funny. But all you have to do is flip that trailer around and imagine a white girl listing everything wrong with black people. That's not funny. Nothing about this trailer is funny, it's just radical leftist bullshit. 

Sigh. You don't seem to get it.

You can continue outraged but trust me, whites are not hated and you are not being threatened :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

You can continue outraged but trust me, whites are not hated and you are not being threatened :)

Don't fear white people, you're safe!

15876289_135197590315597_448731683082574

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Logan said:

Don't fear white people, you're safe!

15876289_135197590315597_448731683082574

I just find it funny how some white people are immediately outraged by things like this and don't bother to search for WHY things like this are even made. Some don't even realize the status they possess in American society. 

Open a history books, folks. You'll be horrified by this nation's history. 

Just now, Morphine Prince said:

I just find it funny how some white people are immediately outraged by things like this and don't bother to search for WHY things like this are even made. Some don't even realize the status they possess in American society. 

A few years ago I used to be the same way. Then I moved to a larger city, I was forced to open my mind. I realized I had been lying to myself about racial inequality. I realized that even from a young age we are conditioned to look at black people a different way. I realized that the way I was thinking was just convenient for me as a white person, but didn't do anything to change the reality of the situation. People who look at the United States having a black president as a reason for racism declining still need to wake up. We're waiting. 

BlingNotTheMusic
10 minutes ago, kevinthesheep said:

If that comment section is what you consider bringing people together, idk what to say. 

I only know about the progress my friends and I have made. How these fools react in here is there business tbh. 

:reductive:

BlingNotTheMusic
11 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

You can continue outraged but trust me, whites are not hated and you are not being threatened

Some white people get so angry at the mention of this topic. Always amuses me. 

- white person 

Stephen

The only people triggered by this are probably racist themselves. You're upset because you're being called out.

Tons and tons of white people love comedy like this. If you were aware of what black people have gone through (and continue to go through) you would understand it.

You're lucky it's just a satire. You really should be strapped down and lectured lmfao. Ignorant fools. Stay in your bubble I guess.

kevinthesheep
9 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Gurl i've read extensively about slaves in the US and around the world. It makes me feel homicidal tbh (not actually tbh but :icega:).... it was ****ed. Treatment of blacks is still a little ****ed to some extent. But this doesn't do anything but make people mad (ok sure a small minority will watch and love it) but for the most part, people are going to be coming out with pitchforks and we don't need anymore of that. And also, is there anyone out there that actually thinks blackface is acceptable? 

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, kevinthesheep said:

Gurl i've read extensively about slaves in the US and around the world. It makes me feel homicidal tbh (not actually tbh but ).... it was ****ed. Treatment of blacks is still a little ****ed to some extent. But this doesn't do anything but make people mad (ok sure a small minority will watch and love it) but for the most part, people are going to be coming out with pitchforks and we don't need anymore of that. And also, is there anyone out there that actually thinks blackface is acceptable? 

I think people of different backgrounds and political beliefs live in different realities. 

How we respond to things like this are a reflection of that. 

PunkTheFunk
49 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Enough with the victim card. The president was black, the richest couple (Beyonce and Jay Z) are black, heads of companies are black, managers are black, teachers are black, some of the most important and influencal people are black. You can become rich, you can get a big job, no matter who you are, don't use your color as an excuse

The black community faces a huge wave of murder, crime, and having children before marriage, focus on that instead of hating on white people. 

"Part of the mechanics of oppression is to pervert people into becoming instruments of their own oppression"

tumblr_inline_njjb4lyLZ31rv46dl.gif

ItsTommyBitch
1 hour ago, Gaga Monster said:

Enough with the victim card. The president was black, the richest couple (Beyonce and Jay Z) are black, heads of companies are black, managers are black, teachers are black, some of the most important and influencal people are black. You can become rich, you can get a big job, no matter who you are, don't use your color as an excuse

The black community faces a huge wave of murder, crime, and having children before marriage, focus on that instead of hating on white people. 

Honestly asking,

Why do you believe that because some people have been black and successful that it means everyone possibly has this opportunity? The entire idea that America is some kind of meritocracy is demonstrably false. Proof: History, logic, understanding of social standings, etc.

Seeing that someone successful or powerful or influential is black should not lead you to conclude that All black people have the potential to get to where this person is because obviously, all people lead different lives. That's just illogical. We're skipping steps and making ignorant assumptions.

Some black people have wealth and class advantages over others. Some black people are born into affluent predominantly white neighborhoods. These examples of successful black people are not the norm, they are the exception, and the fact that this is an exception is evidence that the system works to make it harder for certain groups of people to succeed, while promoting the success of other groups (white people). What do you say to this evidence? Do white people succeed more because they are just smarter, better at school, being professional, respectful, is it because they are literally better? (This is where racism becomes white nationalism, white pride, etc) What is your answer to these observations? If you were an alien surveying our western society, would you come to the conclusion that the lighter skinned people are superior to the darker skinned people?

On the other hand, do black people succeed less because they inherently don't try as hard? They just aren't as good at school? They get into trouble more naturally? What could it be that causes these difference in experience? There is more diversity within races than between them scientifically, so we know there is nothing innate about these things. Could it be that maybe the society we live in raises and molds these people in different ways? (Hint: the science points to a strong "yes")

These aren't rhetorical questions, I want you to think about them and answer them, because the truth is that the average person does not have to think about these things or wrestle with them, and it usually leads in people adopting uninformed beliefs that never get challenged. All the "SJWs" in the world could throw all of the facts, reason, evidence, proof, whatever at someone and unless they start to question it themselves, it could make no difference :shrug: 

Spoiler

Also, what kind of religious argument is the whole "children before marriage" thing? :duck:Children born out of wedlock are not ruining the fabric of our society or anything, I thought we realized that a long ass time ago :emma: 

Please reply, im interested in your response :gum: 

~~~~

OT: This trailer is receiving SO much hate, even though the only thing that happens in the trailer is a black woman telling white people that its offensive to go out in literal blackface as a halloween costume :smh: Is even that controversial now? :gum: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

If anything such things will make the divisions even deeper. It's easy to play a victim, and this social group tends to overuse it. I have a black flatmate and she completely agrees with me on that.

(just so you know I'm not a Trump supporter)

ItsTommyBitch

Apparently People are boycotting and deleting their Netflix accounts over Dear White People.

Any white person that is THAT upset, that they don't see the absolute IRONY... That they have the privilege to just shut down their accounts and walk away from this... It's ****ing golden. Ya'll just don't get it :ladyhaha: 

People talking about oppression is going to make people uncomfortable because certain people benefit from this oppression, whether or not they actively participate in it (hint: they do :gum: ).

Also, good at them using their freedom of speech to protest this. If they go any further than deleting their accounts though and try to stop the series from airing, Im gonna have to call BS on that, because they are obstructing freedom of speech :usrs: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• 3 months later...
artpopulace

Watched the show two weeks ago and I can say this one of the best netflix originals. I love how they used comedy to put emphasis on issues like racism, feminism, and lgbt rights. Barry Jenkins directed Ep. 5! :diane: Y'all should watch this if you haven't, and stan for Silvio-Lionel :wub:

Edit: Watch it first before you judge it!

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

Archived