Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Lady Gaga will have NO GUESTS appearing with her

Monsterious

Featured Posts

Monsterious
15 hours ago, JoeJane said:

NFL: Lady Gaga plans to go it alone at the Super Bowl

Lady Gaga will go it alone at the Super Bowl.

That according to Billboard, which reported this week that the pop star will not have any guest performers joining her in Houston for the Super Bowl 51 halftime show. This will be just the eighth time an act will perform without accompaniment. A quick refresher of recent shows:

2016: Coldplay headlines, Beyonce, Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson guest 
2015: Katy Perry headlines, Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott guest 
2014: Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers guest 
2013: Beyonce headlines, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams guest 
2012: Madonna headlines, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., Cee-lo Green, LMFAO guest 
2011: Black Eyed Peas headline (really?), Usher and Slash guest
From 2005 through 2010 -- the post-Nipplegate period where the NFL tapped a host of sturdy classic rock acts (and Prince) -- there were no guests. Gaga becomes the first woman to headline a show alone.

If you're curious how preparation for the Feb. 5 show is going, swing over the Gaga's Instagram page, where she's been posting periodic updates on the rehearsal process.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000776660/article/lady-gaga-plans-to-go-it-alone-at-the-super-bowl

i can't get the link tho

i think they took it off?

it appears here also but when i click on it, nothing happens

http://search.nfl.com/search?query=lady+gaga

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She obviously has no need for guest stars, but I can't imagine Mark Ronson not appearing at least as part of the band!

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:57 AM, Edonis said:

Houston is a democratic city. Houston overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. We also had the first openly lesbian serving mayor. I live in Houston. Montrose is the biggest gay neighborhood in Texas and one of the biggest in the United States. No one is going to boo her. The majority of the United States voted for Clinton. She won the popular vote. The GP community that buys and consumes pop music is overwhelmingly liberal or moderate, not conservative. Literally, unless she does something obscene, no one would really care outside of trump supporters and republicans. Stop being delusional and educate yourself. 

You are not really intelligent if you think only people or mostly people from Houston will be attending the superbowl.... People from all over texas let alone the country.

Edonis
41 minutes ago, JbGaga said:

You are not really intelligent if you think only people or mostly people from Houston will be attending the superbowl.... People from all over texas let alone the country.

And you're not really intelligent if you can't reread the last portion of what I wrote, dear. If she manages to insult trump, you really think her career would be "over"? Do you actually think her major demographic are Donald trump supporters? You think they're going to buy any music by Lady Gaga, regardless  of what genre she sings? They're never going to like her, so why would it matter? And let me repeat, the majority of the country voted against trump. 

elijahfan

Good. Collaborations and "guests" always feel so forced and marketed - a collaboration should be a genuine wish to work together, not a marketing deal (RIP Colby O'Donis).

Haroon

I was super excited for guest performances but I'm actually even more excited now because it gives her more time for the songs she's gonna do or even to fit in a song more or something :excited2: The more Gaga the better :woot:

BuzzcutSeason
On 1/19/2017 at 1:09 AM, JbGaga said:

Lol she will be in Texas... Literally the worst thing she can do. They will get Booed to hell and back then thatsall anyone will remember is Gaga getting booed. Just don't do it

Not would people just be frustrated w it being brought up but the point she was trying to make would be blurred and she'd basically commit a form of career suicide. Everyone would think she's ultimatley looking for attention and honestly last year beyonce tried to make a statement and we saw how that went idk whay she's thinking.

On 1/18/2017 at 7:31 AM, JevyDuty said:

I'm here for 15 minutes of Gaga BUT I have no doubt in my mind someone is popping out at someone point. No matter who it is, it will be talked about because "no one was supposed to come out." Publicity. It's an art.

I'm not mad either way.:golfclap:

inb4 theres a gay planned marriage proposal in the middle of the field while she sings the bridge of BTW :poot:

lowkey would be here for it 

12 hours ago, Edonis said:

And you're not really intelligent if you can't reread the last portion of what I wrote, dear. If she manages to insult trump, you really think her career would be "over"? Do you actually think her major demographic are Donald trump supporters? You think they're going to buy any music by Lady Gaga, regardless  of what genre she sings? They're never going to like her, so why would it matter? And let me repeat, the majority of the country voted against trump. 

I don't remember saying her career would be over..... Are you delusional as well?..:awkney: 

Lol what your saying makes zero sense. Everyone knows her demographic is not trump supporters. But I would be willing to bet most of the football demographic is. You act like there going to turn off the TV once the half time show starts.... There not. There going to watch.

Edonis
17 minutes ago, JbGaga said:

I don't remember saying her career would be over..... Are you delusional as well?.. 

Lol what your saying makes zero sense. Everyone knows her demographic is not trump supporters. But I would be willing to bet most of the football demographic is. You act like there going to turn off the TV once the half time show starts.... There not. There going to watch.

You were implying that it would with your initial comment. But regardless, her singing whatever or doing whatever whilst in Houston, Texas is not going to be a big issue. And just so you know, it's common misconception that the majority of the American football audience is conservative/Republican. The demographic is much more diverse than that. Furthermore, the Super Bowl is viewed by many more than just a typical game. A simple Google search could've helped you with that. Maybe you would grasp the concept of demographics in one of the few household events left in American television. :lolly:

Smother Em Eh

Gaga, doesn't need any guests appearing with her. All she has to do is bring her wild self to the halftime show and sing and dance her heart out! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Robinladen
22 hours ago, Edonis said:

Did Janet her fans or pop fans care that she showed a nipple? No. Neverthless her career was over for good after it happened. This performance can really relaunch Gaga and any potential controversy will damage her brand and lead to a possible boycot by radio and more. She can't make a direct or big statement about Trump. It's not the place or the time. Ofcourse she can send a message of love and tolerance into the world. Similar to how the Obama's still send a message of hope into this world. No one is here for a negative message at the Superbowl which is an exciting event. 

Edonis
1 hour ago, Robinladen said:

Did Janet her fans or pop fans care that she showed a nipple? No. Neverthless her career was over for good after it happened. This performance can really relaunch Gaga and any potential controversy will damage her brand and lead to a possible boycot by radio and more. She can't make a direct or big statement about Trump. It's not the place or the time. Ofcourse she can send a message of love and tolerance into the world. Similar to how the Obama's still send a message of hope into this world. No one is here for a negative message at the Superbowl which is an exciting event. 

I'm not saying she should make a big or direct political statement? Where did I ever say this? Furthermore, nudity is very different from someone saying "everyone needs to come together", etc. 

FURTHERMORE Gaga's brand has ALWAYS been controversy as long as it's tasteful. I can't believe you and so many other fans have amnesia about that. She's never been the quiet, relatable fav that y'all want her to be or think she will be. She'll never be that kind of pop star.  That's NOT even the kind of pop star casual fans are looking forward to seeing. You guys need to face the facts outside of the SuperBowl, Gaga is never going to be in with conservatives or enjoyed by that community. The criticisms about anything she does that mildly resembles her past career are getting ridiculous. No she doesn't need to do some big mega breakdown on stage about the state of America, but people ARE actually expecting her to have some statement especially since right now all over the country over a million people are out there fighting about the dissatisfaction with our country and the government. She would look out of touch and ignorant to not even acknowledge that aspect. As long as it's done in a nice, tasteful way, it shouldn't matter.  

Archived