Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga's Pop Music Begginings

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

But she was never pure pop right? I always smelled a ROCK vibe on her, didn't you?

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

1 minute ago, Helxig said:

She's also mentioned a few times in the early days that what made her want to do pop music, is the fact that it reaches a lot of people quickly and has influential power. Maybe this is what they discussed all those years ago over lunch at Chilli's lol.

Also, maybe when he said "abandon (the rock music) we were going to work on... start with more of a dance thing"  they'd previously discussed dance music as interesting. Maybe part of the compromise/her decision was that the dance aspect came from her love of disco music.

It also says that she didn't want to do what all the other (pop) singers were doing at the time, because she'd get bored at the show. And that what the ideas they ended up working on were "fresh and provocative" which totally sounds like her.

@Squeeshy Keety @Albertodift

thank you for the extra info

i knew there was more to it

Helxig
1 minute ago, Albertodift said:

thank you for the extra info

i knew there was more to it

I'm just dissecting every sentence because I'm bored :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

ShockPop

She was open about this from the start.

Talking about playing the fame game for success. About her beginnings and inspiration: queen, Def Leppard etc.

She never hid this from anyone.

People are way overthinking this genre thing :toofunny:

Do you only listen to one type of music? I know personally I love lots of musical genres and wouldn't be happy with just picking one. I'm sure, like most people, I go through phases of liking different types of music but that doesn't mean I'm inauthentic or a fraud.

Gaga is just the same, only rather than listening to music she is the one creating it. She has always been honest right from the beginning about her wide music tastes- it's part of who she is. 

JustYouandI
1 hour ago, Albertodift said:

so her love for pop was unauthentic? 

i'm actually a bit conflicted reading this...I knew she wanted to do rock before but I didn't know she saw pop music as redundant...

her clear refusal to even TRY a pop song and her saying sh'ed be bored of it if she was not doing it herself..it just seems like a fake quote tbh. The journalist probably added this..I can't wrap my mind around this,

If you read carefully she would be bored if she didnt change to what rob suggested because later on in the same sentences it says that she would have ended up singing the same music wheteas robs idwa was something different.

Green Detox

It's not like she was a sell out since the beggining, she agreed to do Rob's idea in doing dance music because it was different and revolutionary by those times light-pop and R&B music were trendy, it literally took Just Dance 9 Months to reach its #1 spot peak on the Hot 100 (April 2008 it was released, January 2009 it reached the top), meanwhile it only took 2 months for Katy's debut with I Kissed A Girl to rocket up the top, because it's just another sweet vanilla icing pop song, and that's the thing, Gaga would not release something just to sell, and like what she said on "Inside The Outside", she wanted to infuse the energy of rock into pop and translate it commercially, and she did, it's obvious on the edginess of her pop songs

Archived