đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Trailer

Seeka

Featured Posts

I am so unsure how I feel about this. Like I'm unsure about the character style, but returning to bionis?

Also, GIANT SPACE WHALES THAT ARE NOT SIN?

Also there is giant moving thingie at the beginning that interests me, which I'm assuming is a space whale to.

And floating cities are like so boss.

But... the character art and style...

But it's gonna be so grand and magnificient.

Anyone else excited?

Not impressed, to be honest. It looks like more of the same with better graphics. at least they fixed the horrendous faces with this anime art style.

display name

Was that supposed to be a gnosis? Either way, Xenoblade didn't really appeal to me. This doesn't look like it will be much better unfortunately. :/ 

9 hours ago, Garr said:

Was that supposed to be a gnosis? Either way, Xenoblade didn't really appeal to me. This doesn't look like it will be much better unfortunately. :/ 

You do know that Xenoblade is in no way related to Xenosaga or Xenogears right? Both of those said games are actually related to each other, while Xenoblade is nothing more than a spiritual successor. it has a lot of the same themes, but it is different due to fact it's gameplay is based on mmorpgs.

10 hours ago, Cerny said:

Not impressed, to be honest. It looks like more of the same with better graphics. at least they fixed the horrendous faces with this anime art style.

I actually liked the previous style. The characters looked unique. Now it kind of looks like every Tales of ripoff.

But what did you expect with a sequel? Sequels are about continuing a story. Not to mention one of the best things about Xenoblade was it's scenery p0rn. I was excited to explore everywhere.

Although honestly I don't want to explore everywhere again, I doubt it's gonna exactly the same. We're probably gonna get more trailers. Plus I'm rather sure there were some unexplored places and unexplained lore from the previous game.

10 hours ago, kevinthesheep said:

i'm ****ing living

zelda, mario odyssey, mario kart, skyrim and tHIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE

I am so excited for this while also not being excited. I'm skeptical...

But space whales.

display name
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

You do know that Xenoblade is in no way related to Xenosaga or Xenogears right? Both of those said games are actually related to each other, while Xenoblade is nothing more than a spiritual successor. it has a lot of the same themes, but it is different due to fact it's gameplay is based on mmorpgs.

Yep. Just wasn't sure if they were gonna try to force some connection this time around or not. I know they wanted to do more for Xenosaga in the past. The whale just reminded me of the larger gnosis from its first episode.

Just now, Garr said:

Yep. Just wasn't sure if they were gonna try to force some connection this time around or not. I know they wanted to do more for Xenosaga in the past. The whale just reminded me of the larger gnosis from its first episode.

Yeah but Gnosis cause trouble and are in generally a bad deal. While we are unsure of the significance of the giant whale, quite frankly I don't think it's gonna be anything equivalent to a gnosis or weiss because we already had the equivalent of those in Xenoblade.

My main problem is that I'm drawing a complete blank for the story, which means it's an entirely new story in the same place. I kind of hope they change the name. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is misleading.

5 minutes ago, Seeka said:

I actually liked the previous style. The characters looked unique. Now it kind of looks like every Tales of ripoff.

But what did you expect with a sequel? Sequels are about continuing a story. Not to mention one of the best things about Xenoblade was it's scenery p0rn. I was excited to explore everywhere.

Although honestly I don't want to explore everywhere again, I doubt it's gonna exactly the same. We're probably gonna get more trailers. Plus I'm rather sure there were some unexplored places and unexplained lore from the previous game.

You know what, I got carried by the disappointment of the Switch presentation and that didn't let me fully analyze the trailer so forget about my first thought, I posted pure nonsense, but I just watched twice and I think what's throwing me off is that aesthetically so far has nothing in common with Xenoblade. Xenoblade was technically dated but had for most part a very coherent, cohesive artistic direction in the use of tones, colours, styles, and proportions for its characters, creatures, vistas, setpieces, and world.

I always found the faces hideous but as you said, they looked unique and it worked, here in Xenoblade 2, I see two different art styles clashing, environments with realistic textures and generic Anime cell shaded looking characters, aesthetically very "Expelled from Paradise" and "Cyborg 009" inspired:

img_5839z7sbm.jpg

It looks really incongruous in a quite jarring way.

Now, a ton of Monolithsoft games just had terrible looking characters. It's something people just get used. Xenosaga Ep2, Soma Bringer, Xenoblade, and Xenoblade X all have TERRIBLE character models in-game. They somehow make up for that by having really nice environments when it counts, and having very nice moments where the environment and vistas carry the scene. It also helps that for most of the games you don't really look at the characters' faces when playing since you just see their backs and the monsters look cool, but I as I said the two art styles here clash, the faces are an improvement over X, but yeah the cell-shaded anime style ruins it, it looks bad.

The visuals are how we interact with the world. They are important. Consistent and coherent art design is a big part of the original Xenoblade, but this style simply leaves me cold and uninterested.

Everything else looks fine, one thing though, the trailer reveals part of the script, Regarding the most visible page with Van Damme talking to Rex (the main character).... I think it definitely reveals the main context of the hints in the trailer, keep reading if you don't mind potential spoilers.

Spoiler

The "Blade" in Xenoblade 2 is definitely a humanoid character as well. The one mentioned is called "Homura" and is likely the red haired girl with the same armor design as the blade Rex has at the end. The wielder of a Blade is called a Driver. As long as the Driver lives, the Blade is immortal and will regenerate from any injury. A Driver protects a Blade. And Rex says he will protect Homura.

Transforming waifu weapons here we come!

• 1 month later...
uo111
On 1/14/2017 at 0:40 AM, Seeka said:

I am so unsure how I feel about this. Like I'm unsure about the character style, but returning to bionis?

Also, GIANT SPACE WHALES THAT ARE NOT SIN?

Also there is giant moving thingie at the beginning that interests me, which I'm assuming is a space whale to.

And floating cities are like so boss.

But... the character art and style...

But it's gonna be so grand and magnificient.

Anyone else excited?

What makes you think they are returning to bionis?

I honestly don't know how to feel about the 2 in the title, because the story seems to be  completely different based on GameExplains analysis. I think the 2 may just indicate that the game will play like the original, as opposed to X. Which is good, X was beautiful and fun, but the skells dragged the game down a LOT.

Beyond excited for this, and Mario. Zelda is a flawless game and I have very high hopes for these two.

Seeka
1 minute ago, uo111 said:

What makes you think they are returning to bionis?

I honestly don't know how to feel about the 2 in the title, because the story seems to be  completely different based on GameExplains analysis. I think the 2 may just indicate that the game will play like the original, as opposed to X. Which is good, X was beautiful and fun, but the skells dragged the game down a LOT.

Beyond excited for this, and Mario. Zelda is a flawless game and I have very high hopes for these two.

All the greenery looked exactly like Bionis, and other places looked near exact to the terrain of the first game. With a few more space whales.

Plus I think it's been written somewhere that this is taking place on Bionis but won't be a sequel in the traditional sense. I think there's timeskip or something.

Plus X itself wasn't a sequel. It just took the gameplay and races and transferred them somewhere else and renamed them. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is going to be an actual sequel.

uo111
Just now, Seeka said:

All the greenery looked exactly like Bionis, and other places looked near exact to the terrain of the first game. With a few more space whales.

Plus I think it's been written somewhere that this is taking place on Bionis but won't be a sequel in the traditional sense. I think there's timeskip or something.

Plus X itself wasn't a sequel. It just took the gameplay and races and transferred them somewhere else and renamed them. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is going to be an actual sequel.

Has that been confirmed though?

I mean, the bionis... died... kinda. And the monster that that town is on in the trailer is alive and well, and doesn't look anything like the bionis.

Plus, the tree looks to be just as big as the bionis. It's all very confusing. I can't wait to find out more.

Archived