💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Little Mix: longest reigning girl group #1 album since Spice Girls

Stef

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Shout Out to My Ex is such a bop. The US needs to get it together. They are really perfecting a girl group sound that we haven't heard in a long time. :whitney:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooolong

I don't like their music, a lot of it is cringey and basic to me, but I'm glad for and congratulatory of their success :applause:. They seem nice and hard working, they deserve it.

Destiny's Child remains my favorite group, though :gaycat:.

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Economy
14 hours ago, Andy21 said:

But they're close to non-existent in the US 

No shade but the spice girls had success/a bigger impact on both sides of the pond 

They seem to have all the ingredients for a successful girl group, it's probably just a matter of time

Can u clean out your PM box? Ive been trying to PM u about something and it says u cant receive any messages :rip: 

AndyDWUW
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Can u clean out your PM box? Ive been trying to PM u about something and it says u cant receive any messages :rip: 

I had no idea you could delete PMs 😂😂

fixed it

StrawberryBlond

I really underestimated them, I have to say. Back when they couldn't get a #1 with their second album and didn't sell as much, I thought they'd go the same way as previous X Factor acts had gone. But no, they just got bigger and bigger. They'll overtake Leona Lewis as the most successful X Factor winners soon. And Leona only had 2 successful albums, then she fell away. LM is on their 4th big success and they're still on the Syco label while doing it. Regardless of what you think of their music, that's amazing for an X Factor act. It's amazing for any girl group. The majority of them don't make many albums before breaking up, especially if they're manufactured and their success tends to be over as soon as it begins. LM have broken the mould by staying together for 4 albums and counting despite being manufactured and gaining more success as time goes on.

And for those saying that it doesn't matter because they're local, it's not their fault that they're not getting adequate international promo. Simon Cowell doesn't seem interested in doing that for them in the same way that he did for 1D, don't ask me why. But it's not their fault. And they are setting records in their own country, which is still an amazing achievement. When someone is only successful in the US, I don't see any Americans discredit them for being local. America is not the entire world. There are acts who own American artists abroad. Why does American success seem to be the be all and end all.

Economy
7 hours ago, Andy21 said:

I had no idea you could delete PMs 😂😂

fixed it

Still cant PM u :neyde: 

LaLuna

That's cool and all but we all know they won't be remembered 20 years from now. 

Meanwhile, everyone still remembers this:

BuzzcutSeason

The U.S doesn't really like girl groups that much right now i guess. We have Fifth Harmony which people finally started embracing as a group recently (Work From Home could be by anyone its not really a girl-group type song). They don't need U.S success but i'm glad they strive for it and try.

Also, its annoying when people refer to the U.S like for example "Trumpland". I understand a joke but if you think your above something then stop.

20 hours ago, Delusional Aura said:

UK monsters and American monsters going at it on this thread :ladyhaha:. 

I'm actually Australian so. :toofunny: 

2 hours ago, Scathach said:

That's cool and all but we all know they won't be remembered 20 years from now. 

Meanwhile, everyone still remembers this:

Well I mean, they're already at 5 years so. They're definitely going to be remembered. 

skaxboy

God job girls. Spice Girls will always be my fav but these girls have some bops. And to think the first time I ever seen/heard of them was that iconic video of them doing accents with Jesy's Jamaican accent. :giggle:

5 hours ago, Haroon said:

@Stef Is there a source? :confused: 

Oh **** yeah sorry lemme get it :sharon: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Archived