💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Has Anyone Bought Planet Coaster?

Quasi

Featured Posts

Hey Munchkins. :gaycat:

I was wondering if anyone here has bought Planet Coaster or knows anyone who has. I'm really tempted to buy it but I wanna know some specific things about it first. I've been a huge coaster sim fan ever since I bought RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 more than a decade ago and I really love what I'm seeing on Planet Coaster. It's the sequel I've always wanted.

Any replies would be appreciated guys! I really hope that GGD has some hidden coaster sim fans. :nick: 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Planet coaster is the best coaster game I have ever played hands down, get it now if you are a coaster fan especially if you love meticulously designing park because there is so much detail work you can do

Lady Gagging

I had no idea this existed! I really loved RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 & 2 as a kid but I never got around to playing 3 because I heard/saw that it was really different from the earlier games. 

Since it's on Steam I might check it out at some point. Hopefully it's nostalgic in a way! :excited2:

sarahb

I'm planning to but since it's on Steam and in American dollars I'm waiting for the exchange rate to get a bit better.
But I've heard really good things about it so I can't wait :excited2:

2 minutes ago, ashae said:

Planet coaster is the best coaster game I have ever played hands down, get it now if you are a coaster fan especially if you love meticulously designing park because there is so much detail work you can do

Ugh this is the best thing you could say to me right now haha. One thing I am picky about however is custom supports. I've heard you can toggle the in-game ones off but is a lot of custom scenery being made that includes supports? One thing I really dislike is using in game supports. :emma:

Also, I've seen that Frontier has been rolling out updates for the game but are all of them free? One intense fear I have is that an update will come out on Steam and then you have to pay for it. :rip:

1 minute ago, Lady Gagging said:

I had no idea this existed! I really loved RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 & 2 as a kid but I never got around to playing 3 because I heard/saw that it was really different from the earlier games. 

Since it's on Steam I might check it out at some point. Hopefully it's nostalgic in a way! :excited2:

It's definitely different from the first two that's for sure. One thing that PC is going for is realism that was lacking in RCT3. If you're a big fan of the RCT 1 and 2, Planet Coaster probably won't feel nostalgic but it might bring up another interest of yours that you didn't know you had! :)

Tokyo Rose

Planet Coaster looks awesome!

It's just too bad there's no physical copies of this game available.

For people with limited data consumption, wasting monthly data on a video game download doesn't sound reasonable.

The new version RCT has physical copies, but it's literally so bad it's unplayable.

Magneto

I actually really regret buying it:poot: 

Like, I get it why people think it's awesome. It's really detailed and you can do a lot of stuff, but I really don't have the patience nor the creativity to build everything to the smallest detail. The management part of the game, like actually playing it, isn't that well developed imo. To me it feels like a super elaborate Google SketchUp; you can build amazing stuff, but you can't really play with it...

Free my mind

3 hours ago, Magneto said:

I actually really regret buying it:poot: 

Like, I get it why people think it's awesome. It's really detailed and you can do a lot of stuff, but I really don't have the patience nor the creativity to build everything to the smallest detail. The management part of the game, like actually playing it, isn't that well developed imo. To me it feels like a super elaborate Google SketchUp; you can build amazing stuff, but you can't really play with it...

I heard that the management aspect is lacking as well. But I never played RCT3 for the scenarios but moreso for the sandbox aspect. I heard PC was basically made for that. :sara:

Magneto
24 minutes ago, Quasi said:

I heard that the management aspect is lacking as well. But I never played RCT3 for the scenarios but moreso for the sandbox aspect. I heard PC was basically made for that. :sara:

Yup, you're probably gonna love that. If you like spending an hour designing one drinkstand, this is right up your alley.

For me? I just keep thinking:

bWM2eWYfN3r20.gif

Free my mind

Blueskye

I wanna try it but I don't wanna spend that much just to find it's not what I hoped it would be. Judging by what people are saying about it, it's not everything I've been waiting for.

I've been waiting for a sequel to RCT3 for over a decade; RCT4(mobile) was a slap in the face, RCTW was a catastrophe, Theme Park Studio is just too damn hard to use, so I'm very skeptical of Planet Coaster.

1 minute ago, Greanskye said:

I wanna try it but I don't wanna spend that much just to find it's not what I hoped it would be. Judging by what people are saying about it, it's not everything I've been waiting for.

I've been waiting for a sequel to RCT3 for over a decade; RCT4(mobile) was a slap in the face, RCTW was a catastrophe, Theme Park Studio is just too damn hard to use, so I'm very skeptical of Planet Coaster.

What are you expecting from Planet Coaster? In other words, what are you looking for in your ideal coaster sim?:)

ALSO on a similar note, has anyone on GGD joined any coaster sim forums in the past? I was on RCTLounge for a while and was planning to maybe join Shyguy's World in the near future. I just wanted to see if there were any familiar members that transferred to this cult site. :gaycat:

Blueskye
8 minutes ago, Quasi said:

What are you expecting from Planet Coaster? In other words, what are you looking for in your ideal coaster sim?:)

ALSO on a similar note, has anyone on GGD joined any coaster sim forums in the past? I was on RCTLounge for a while and was planning to maybe join Shyguy's World in the near future. I just wanted to see if there were any familiar members that transferred to this cult site. :gaycat:

I used to visit different forums such as Shyguy, but that was just for the cool scenery and such to help me recreate Alton Towers (never got very far because I don't have the patience).

What I want is essentially a more realistic version of RCT3 with ultra modern graphics, more content and the freedom to place, build, shape, rotate everything to be exactly as you want it. RCTW seemed to be going for this because they knew what the fans wanted, they just failed miserably. Of course I realise PC is a different game so I will try it eventually and hopefully I'll love it for what it is. I'll still keep dreaming for the perfect theme park sim though (RCT5 in 2030). 

1 hour ago, Greanskye said:

I used to visit different forums such as Shyguy, but that was just for the cool scenery and such to help me recreate Alton Towers (never got very far because I don't have the patience).

What I want is essentially a more realistic version of RCT3 with ultra modern graphics, more content and the freedom to place, build, shape, rotate everything to be exactly as you want it. RCTW seemed to be going for this because they knew what the fans wanted, they just failed miserably. Of course I realise PC is a different game so I will try it eventually and hopefully I'll love it for what it is. I'll still keep dreaming for the perfect theme park sim though (RCT5 in 2030). 

I think Planet Coaster fits all those descriptions. As stated by some users above, the game gives you so much freedom for custom building and placement, that people have almost become impatient with it because you can perfect every detail of the thing you're building. Take a look at this guy's recreation of Iron Rattler. 

If you have the right specs, this game looks absolutely brilliant. 

Blueskye
5 minutes ago, Quasi said:

I think Planet Coaster fits all those descriptions. As stated by some users above, the game gives you so much freedom for custom building and placement, that people have almost become impatient with it because you can perfect every detail of the thing you're building. Take a look at this guy's recreation of Iron Rattler. 

If you have the right specs, this game looks absolutely brilliant. 

It does like like everything I hoped for and more. It was just things I had read about it a while ago that put me off. But I won't know until I give it a go so I definitely will be (when the price comes down :trollga:)

Archived