Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

"Joanne" is one of best selling albums in 2016 (UWC)

JoeJane

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Do some people in here really need someone to explain to them that the album did these big numbers only in the last 2,5 months of 2016 so that they get to appreciate even that and not complain? :emma: 

Brian Ryan
5 minutes ago, Sexxx said:

didn't everyone call 24k a flop? :emma:

That and ANTI plus Dangerous Woman... :classy:

Rihanna's album was released at the beginning of 2016, and has sold less than twice as many albums. Considering that albums probably sell most in the first months, I would say that Joanne does about as good as Anti, and maybe better. Beyonce does better than both, though. But all in all, album sales are as good as could reasonably be expected, I guess. The fact that so many of those 40 albums were not released this year tells me that album sales are low in general.

djBuffoon

I don't know why these numbers even get released :duck: Like aside from giving some fans a reason to complain, what is the point of making sales numbers public?

Slay! The decrease of album sales is huge though :saladga: I've checked it and ARTPOP ended at #25 in 2013 and sold 1.3 million copies.

No shade but I'm impressed Starboy didn't sell more than Joanne. I know it came out a month later but after the success of the lead single. I guess that's because medi traffic doesn't count streaming

Sky del Blue
20 minutes ago, Sexxx said:

didn't everyone call 24k a flop? :emma:

The only reason 24k is selling better than Joanne is because they make a bigger number of copies

For example: Joanne is still not available in my local store even after almost 3 months after its release, while 24k was available 4 days after its release

Lextyr97
46 minutes ago, JoeJane said:

GLOBAL COUNTDOWN 2016
Albums
08 Hardwired... To Self-Destruct | Metallica | 1,490,000 sales
09 Anti | Rihanna | 1,459,000 sales
27 Joanne | Lady Gaga | 811,000 sales

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-2016.htm

Shook at Gaga's sales.

SHOOK at Metallica's sales (released after Joanne).

Does Anti's sales include the million free copies?

Thomas P
46 minutes ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

21 is outselling Joanne

808609TheCultureShowLadyGagaTheMotherMon

Flashback to 2011

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived