Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Lady Gaga and her "homeless boyfriend" in Malibu (26-12)

Dima

Featured Posts

Whispering
2 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Completely disagree and it perpetuates the circularity of homelessness but it's nice to see someone else has a well thought out view on the matter and cares. 

I agree that food etc are better than money but the rest again I completely disagree.  

Do you work with the homeless in LA, like the person you are responding to does? Do you live in LA, or somewhere around that area? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic
Just now, Whispering said:

Do you work with the homeless in LA, like the person you are responding to does? Do you live in LA, or somewhere around that area? 

I work alongside the homeless in the UK yes. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Then

13 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

I didn't say anywhere that it had to be an important position :interestinga: 

I assumed wrong haha :poot:

Whispering
Just now, Dominic Marc said:

I work alongside the homeless in the UK yes. 

Perhaps the situation in the UK is different from the one in LA. The OP has actual experience with the homeless in LA. 

Dominic
3 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Perhaps the situation in the UK is different from the one in LA. The OP has actual experience with the homeless in LA. 

Different legislation yet similar principles/ethics imo.

Whispering
5 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Because you have worked with the homeless in LA, to know this? 

Different countries with different situations. The people who actually work with theses populations in these areas know what the situation is in those areas. 

Dominic
5 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Because you have worked with the homeless in LA, to know this? 

Different countries with different situations. The people who actually work with theses populations in these areas know what the situation is in those areas. 

Nah. Giving money doesn't benefit homeless people in the long run regardless of UK/US. That's my point and unless you have a worthwhile opinion of your own rather than attempting to police mine then there's no further discussion (and it's OT)

Whole heartedly respect the user that quoted me and despite disagreeing I'm aware there's multiple ways to help. Good day. 

Gagaloo911
30 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Sorry but they're completely different municipalities and issues, not similar at all except that they're homeless. 

Also, you can't "disagree" with the experiences of someone else and what they know to work for the area in which they work. 

You are painting the issue in broad strokes and acting like it's all the same and all works the same everywhere. It doesn't. That completely ignores the nuances and individuals whom this issue affects. You don't know everything there is to know about this issue, and your own experiences don't mean they are the best everywhere or that they will work everywhere. 

You need to recognize that different areas of the world require different steps to address and handle an issue such as this one, and your own opinion for how to deal with it is not the end all, be all. 

You don't just get to disagree with someone because it's not what you've experienced when it is something they know to be true. LA is nothing like the UK, and someone whose actually lived and worked on this issue there will know how to better address this than someone who never has but thinks they can because they helped in a completely different country. 

Dominic
8 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Sorry but they're completely different municipalities and issues, not similar at all except that they're homeless. 

Also, you can't "disagree" with the experiences of someone else and what they know to work for the area in which they work. 

You are painting the issue in broad strokes and acting like it's all the same and all works the same everywhere. It doesn't. That completely ignores the nuances and individuals whom this issue affects. You don't know everything there is to know about this issue, and your own experiences don't mean they are the best everywhere or that they will work everywhere. 

You need to recognize that different areas of the world require different steps to address and handle an issue such as this one, and your own opinion for how to deal with it is not the end all, be all. 

You don't just get to disagree with someone because it's not what you've experienced when it is something they know to be true. LA is nothing like the UK, and someone whose actually lived and worked on this issue there will know how to better address this than someone who never has but thinks they can because they helped in a completely different country. 

I disagree that money doesn't solve the issue of homelessness.  Whether that be in the UK or the US. My opinion is not solely based on my own experience but also the research into the career I am in. 

I have stated that the legislation is different I am sure however that does not change my view that giving money has any real benefit. If people want to donate then give to the charities that work alongside the homeless.  

Money just perpetuates the lifestyle, can cause gang violence and also their is the case of substance abuse. 

Also I'd just like to point out that the user also stated money isn't advised either so I'm not sure what the issue is. I just completely disagree that giving money isn't a hollow method compared to information.  

Again I've not stated they are wrong however I disagree. I've also stated their are multiple ways to help and never believed my opinion was be all and end all. 

Whispering
37 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Nah. Giving money doesn't benefit homeless people in the long run regardless of UK/US. That's my point and unless you have a worthwhile opinion of your own rather than attempting to police mine then there's no further discussion (and it's OT)

Whole heartedly respect the user that quoted me and despite disagreeing I'm aware there's multiple ways to help. Good day. 

Nah. The U.K. has actually seen a sharp decrease in homelessness since 1998, with the the Housing Act 1996 and the amended Homelessness Act 2002. Local authorities have an assigned duty, with available resources, to care for the homeless. A large percentage of homeless individuals in the UK are not sleeping on the streets for weeks, months and years.

LA is a different world. The homeless population has seen sharp increases, not decreases. A third are mentally ill, and are left on the streets, due to lacking and underfunded resources in mental health services. Many are street children, with 42% of those identifying as LGBT. The foster care system doesn't have close to enough resources and is a factor in much of the homeless youth problem. (Meaning that there are thousands and thousands of hungry kids on the streets every night) Also, there is a large and ever growing population of veterans on the streets.

The policies, resources and populations are different. Your experience in a country that isn't the US does not mean you understand the complexities of an area of the US that competes for the top three homeless areas in the world every year. (The UK isn't even in the top 25) 

Dominic
42 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Nah. The U.K. has actually seen a sharp decrease in homelessness since 1998, with the the Housing Act 1996 and the amended Homelessness Act 2002. Local authorities have an assigned duty, with available resources, to care for the homeless. A large percentage of homeless individuals in the UK are not sleeping on the streets for weeks, months and years.

LA is a different world. The homeless population has seen sharp increases, not decreases. A third are mentally ill, and are left on the streets, due to lacking and underfunded resources in mental health services. Many are street children, with 42% of those identifying as LGBT. The foster care system doesn't have close to enough resources and is a factor in much of the homeless youth problem. (Meaning that there are thousands and thousands of hungry kids on the streets every night) Also, there is a large and ever growing population of veterans on the streets.

The policies, resources and populations are different. Your experience in a country that isn't the US does not mean you understand the complexities of an area of the US that competes for the top three homeless areas in the world every year. (The UK isn't even in the top 25) 

Actually there is a sharp increases in homelessness in the UK in recent years due to welfare cuts. 

Also again, I don't disagree that the US has different laws/legislations however as stated above money isn't going to benefit them and imo it's definitely hollow. The other user disagrees and believes it isn't. I believe it is. That's all there is to it. 

Going around in circles now really but if you want I can edit my post above and put "IMO, I disagree"? 

Galactic Mess
1 hour ago, Snorlax said:

Am I the only one wondering how the hell they keep finding each other. :awkney:

My first thoughts when I read this. I mean, what are the odds? It's not like he has plenty of money to chase after her like Marc.

1 hour ago, Snorlax said:

Am I the only one wondering how the hell they keep finding each other. :awkney:

12 minutes ago, John Maze said:

My first thoughts when I read this. I mean, what are the odds? It's not like he has plenty of money to chase after her like Marc.

He's probably in same area, she's passing by often and stops when she sees him. Nothing strange. 

FreePalestine

Galactic Mess
1 minute ago, lego said:

He's probably in same area, she's passing by often and stops when she sees him. Nothing strange. 

I thought they had met in different cities lol

my bad

Archived