Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Joanne really affects family.

DAVID VOGUER

Featured Posts

DAVID VOGUER

Yesterday my dad asked me to play him the whole album because he heard a few good songs banging from my room. I was shook.

My dad listens to rock music and I remember when I was a kid he would play me Deep Purple, White Snake, Black Sabbath, Rainbow even Beatles vinyls for hours... I didn't understand that music at a time but I remember sitting there and watching amazing album covers, wishing I could draw like that some day...

So we sat there and he listened to every song really carefully (thank god he doesn't understand English that well - DIC :awkney: ). We discussed songs, the sound of them and he was really impressed, then I showed him dive bar tours and making of A-YO and he was even more impressed... For the first time, I feel like he was proud I am listening to her (even though she's a gay icon :awkney: )

Also I remembered he got C2C in his music library. So happy he respects her!

I am really not that close to my father (like many of us) and I am really grateful to Gaga for this moment... Joanne is a success! 

Maybe this thread is stupid but I really had to share this story. Joanne is really something special. Thank you Gaga (and the boys).

Hope some of you can relate to this or maybe had a similar family experience! 

PS My mom hates it :awkney: she misses CrazyGa and she expected disco funk music since she listens to ABBA, Village People, Be Gees, etc.. 

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

Varo Yan

Really cute story and it moved me. Gaga reached her goals - to bring together us with this masterpiece album :wub:

display name

It's not stupid at all! I think your story really is an example of one of the things Gaga wanted to do with this album. You and your dad seem to have different tastes when it comes to music, so it's really cool that you were able to bond more through Joanne. Your mom is totally missing out.

You made me think of my day with this. My mom and I have always loved Gaga. We were listening to the album, and we both cried really hard over "Grigio Girls." We lost someone to cancer years ago, but I feel like, because of the album, we were able to deal with some feelings that we never really got around to before, and I just feel better, y'know.

I hope more people have experiences like ours. This music is powerful. Gaga put so much heart into it. If more people give it a change and open their own hearts to it, I think it really could bring them together.

DeanWinchester

JOANNE really can hold her own and blend in with the 70s-80s  classic rock. I love them, too and I am reminded by a lot of them in JOANNE :rockstar:

congratulations to you and Gaga!

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

nativenewyorker

Aw that's so sweet. Glad your Dad felt the #JoanneVibes :creepflop:

As for your mom, show her Dancin' in Circles and Perfect Illusion and if she isn't impressed, she's not worthy. 

My mom adores Million Reasons so much, she simply said that it is one of the HIGHLIGHTS of the whole album :D

DAVID VOGUER
2 minutes ago, nativenewyorker said:

Aw that's so sweet. Glad your Dad felt the #JoanneVibes :creepflop:

As for your mom, show her Dancin' in Circles and Perfect Illusion and if she isn't impressed, she's not worthy. 

PI is the only song she likes...

Tho I miss seeing her trying to dance Bad Romance choreo :D 

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

It also moved my Christian anti gay dad. 

He would often call the music I listen to noisy. So when C2C released, he downloaded it and told me that he never knew Gaga could sing. I was really happy coz I think if he listens to more Gaga he might understand me a little better.

When PI released, he actually woke me up and told me Gaga released a new song (which of course I already knew every single words of the Track) I think he is now a secret Stan. He bought a copy of Joanne yesterday when he came home despite there was a severe typhoon in Hong Kong and basically the city was shut down. I was SHOOK. We listened to Joanne non stop since yesterday and it was one of my happiest time with my dad.

I love Joanne, it's giving me hope and love. 

Gagadonna
1 hour ago, TheLucifer said:

Yesterday my dad asked me to play him the whole album because he heard a few good songs banging from my room. I was shook.

My dad listens to rock music and I remember when I was a kid he would play me Deep Purple, White Snake, Black Sabbath, Rainbow even Beatles vinyls for hours... I didn't understand that music at a time but I remember sitting there and watching amazing album covers, wishing I could draw like that some day...

So we sat there and he listened to every song really carefully (thank god he doesn't understand English that well - DIC :awkney: ). We discussed songs, the sound of them and he was really impressed, then I showed him dive bar tours and making of A-YO and he was even more impressed... For the first time, I feel like he was proud I am listening to her (even though she's a gay icon :awkney: )

Also I remembered he got C2C in his music library. So happy he respects her!

I am really not that close to my father (like many of us) and I am really grateful to Gaga for this moment... Joanne is a success! 

Maybe this thread is stupid but I really had to share this story. Joanne is really something special. Thank you Gaga (and the boys).

Hope some of you can relate to this or maybe had a similar family experience! 

PS My mom hates it :awkney: she misses CrazyGa and she expected disco funk music since she listens to ABBA, Village People, Be Gees, etc.. 

I wish I could have the same :( My dad gets immediately uninterested as soon as I pronounce the word 'Gaga' 

Fortunately mom compensates saying she's a passive fan of hers. 

Makes sense. Something people forget, is that this genre will definitely appeal to others you might not have expected. The issue is people want an artist to continue to appeal to the same demographics. But an artist can tackle another sound and then appeal to others outside of their normal circle.

My Chemical Romance - Black Parade and Green Day's - American Idiot both appealed to 40 year olds, because they were heavily 70s Rock influenced. I knew dads that were in love with those records at the time. Was a trip. So while some younger fans didn't like the change in sound at the time, these albums found a huge fan base come in from other areas.

With regards to Joanne, I think this is a bit trickier. Because I don't think the album fully commits to the genre (the way Cheek to Cheek does or like the other two albums I just mentioned). It doesn't go all in. It's completely "Gaga" and is her own unique style.

The album is also very intimate and personal. So what makes this tricky is that, it will be harder for the album to break into the other genres it tackles - as its too specific to Gaga. And then at the same time, it's really different from what some people expect of her.

She was extremely bold to make this album. All I'll say. I don't mean that as a backhanded compliemnt, as I love Joanne. But it's definitely a very specific record.

Had a similar experience with my cousin- he's a big father John misty fan and he sent me the come to mama demo yesterday. Not too close with him but we got to share a moment :)

I'm with your mom a bit too! Hopefully some of those red one songs, Nile Rodgers collab or Giorgio moroder collabs see the light of day.

Archived