Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Original Monster Ball

Lava

Featured Posts

So as most of us know, The Monster Ball had a complete revision after a few months of the original tour. it's just really interesting to me that an entire show was scraped and revised. I honestly loved the original monster ball, it was much more simple than the second version, but it was still so artistic and i honestly thought it was darker and creepier (since that what gags was going for during that era) than the revised version. My favorite song is Paparazzi and it was honestly so iconic. In the first version, it even had 2 different versions. The first was her in a Rapunzel wig and the second, in two pigtail buns, hooked to a frame; both with flashing lights in the background. (I think before the tour, she wanted to fake her death during the performance; similar to that of the 2009 vma performance; i wish she would have done it) and to make things better, the revised version had her in a green origami dress (the original origami dresses are some of my fave outfits to this day) and they built that giant angler fish, bitch I LIVE for all the monster ball paparazzi monster ball performances. I just love the monster ball so much and theres so much creativity involved in it. Truly iconic:staymad:

Lady-Gaga-Monster-Ball-tour-San-Diego-la Monster-ball-paparazzi4.jpg Lady_Gaga_withThe_Fame_Monster.jpg 

I just love this f**king tour so much and really wish i could have gone. (Too bad I was 9 lmao) What do you guys think about this performance/tour? and whats your favorite part of this tour/whats your favorite other tour? 

I kinda like it more than MB 2.0 if I'm being honest

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

3 minutes ago, Red said:

I kinda like it more than MB 2.0 if I'm being honest

I love them both, it's like they're two different shows (minus songs obvi). V1 is the "TV" version, hence the stage looks like a hallowed out television. And V2 is more like a musical, there's so much acting and such a theatrical vibe. They're both so amazing omfg

Also, Gaga paid for everything her own during MB1.0 

I love the Monster Ball 1.0 it looks so simple yet so Interesting. I wish she would've made a DVD of the Tour.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Crystalline

I prefer the MB 2.0 but I love both a LOT. In my opinion she was at her peak as far as performing skills and the theatrics were on point.

display name

Honestly, probably the best concert of my life. December 17, 2009. As you posted, it was darker. It was deceptively simple if that makes any sense. Despite the lack of the bigger production, it was so interesting, and I still don't get everything about that show, but it was spectacular. When Gaga says big things can happen in small places, I get it because that theater show was ****ing everything

imnotyourbabe10

TMB 1.0 was incredible.  Was lucky enough to attend a show in Chicago (almost 7 years ago :sweat:)

The venue was still large but a lot more intimate than the arena shows.  

3 minutes ago, Drew Jeremy said:

I love them both, it's like they're two different shows (minus songs obvi). V1 is the "TV" version, hence the stage looks like a hallowed out television. And V2 is more like a musical, there's so much acting and such a theatrical vibe. They're both so amazing omfg

Love the atmosphere and intentions of both.  It was cool seeing TMB 2.0 at Lollapalooza, too.  I was like, damn, she brought it all as it was.  (I expected a different show for a festival but it was awesome-sauce seeing that "monster" during Paparazzi in a crowd of 80,000 people).  

I haven't watched the first show, but I've seen pictures and it looks amazing.

but, let's be honest, the performances of So Happy I Could Die in the Living Dress slays careers.

KURUSHITOVSKA

The only bad thing was changing the setlist, the rest was better. And she paid for the 2.0 and became bigger, the tour slayed etc

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

domixwodix
41 minutes ago, Drew Jeremy said:

Monster-ball-paparazzi4.jpg 

this outfit:giveup:

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

donutellha

I feel like the craftiness of TMB 1.0 is amazing!

They managed to pull off such as show with a tiny budget!

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Remember she had to throw the Monster Ball 1.0 together in a few months after the Kanye incident at VMAs and their joint tour was scrapped. 

When you look at things like the metro cart from LoveGame + the pyrotechnic bra (both of which she premiered a few months before the VMAs at the MMVAs) it really does seem like TMB 2,0 was the original vision, and but she had to rework things last minute due to unfortunate circumstances + put all that on hold for a moment. 

edit: I was at the first 1.0 show in Montréal and as much as I loved it + 1.0 in general, trust me when I say it was a hot mess 

Archived