Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Hey Girl" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

crybrowz

I honestly love this song its one of my favorites I don't get why its almost everyone's least favorite

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

This is UNDERRATED AF :wtf:

The best production on the album by far, imagine if the whole album was like this holy ****

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

It's growing on me, definitely one of the most unique songs from the album, it has such a good vibe and melody... I'm starting to love it.

ItsTommyBitch

Holy crap, this is my fave upbeat track on first listen :giveup: 

What an underrated MASTERPIECE, I can't at everyone sleeping on this :air: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

ryhanna

I think the main reason some people are disappointing with this song is that because Florence was featured we were expecting a song more in Flo's general style, with big vocals and a powerful chorus, but they kept it pretty mid-tempo and chill. It's still a good song and they sound great together, it's just not the kind of song you'd expect from two artists of their caliber 

AyaKara
1 hour ago, ryhanna said:

Which is funny considering that How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful had many quiet Flo songs and is her most recent body of work!

ryhanna
2 minutes ago, AyaKara said:

Which is funny considering that How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful had many quiet Flo songs and is her most recent body of work!

I know, that's one of my favourite albums of all time! Full of smooth, cool tunes. But with two ladies with such big voices, I think the preconception was that it'd be a 'bigger' song. But Hey Girl is light and cool. 

Not that I really mind, it's still one of the most unique songs on Joanne! 

Rudz Xinc

I was not sure about this song at first, but this is just become one of my fave song on Joanne

Keep on replaying this song

So good

I can see it being played at lounge or those restaurant that like to play oldies songs

Look at those clowns

Swan Heart

Probably my favorite right now.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Janne Monsen Tveit

I was hoping for something completely different. Unfortunately a very forgettable duet. Still love them though.

http://730.no

Hey Girl sounds like a hit straight out of the late 70's early 80's, I hear some vaporwave influences too and I love it, it's a very different sound from Gaga. The bridge is my favourite part of the song.

Spoiler

tumblr_n1gsuiNcFH1smkyppo1_500.gif

tumblr_static__640_v2.gif

Gaga and Florence and all the people involved in the making of this song nailed it.

Lona Delery

sounds like the soundtrack of a **** movie 

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Monster Voices

It is such a cute song and their voices go together so nicely. But with two vocalists as powerful as them I expected more. But hey if they sang their lungs off that would count as oneing-up another so I get it.

Forever and Always!

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived