Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Hey Girl" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

Neight Shayde

MV idea: White background. Gaga & Florence sitting on the ground, back to back. Bohemian style clothes. They sing, kiss, hug, dance around. Profile Close-ups, shots from the ground up. Could also be 360 camera, they show gaga or florence singing 

i don't get the hate for this song. it's fffffing amazing. since the gays hate it, we need to make it a single tbh haha

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Florence and Gaga are so amazing! I was skeptical about this song when I heard the snippet, and I'll admit, this isn't my favorite at all, but I still love the song. The "Hey girl hey girl. We can make it easy if we lift each other. Hey girl hey girl. We don’t need to keep on one-in up another" is spectacular! 

The instrumentals remind me of Bennie and the Jets, it sounds like a very Elton John-esque song. 

I came into this thread just to see if anyone else got "Bennie and the Jets". I love it.

RickMonster98

It's my least fav. It's not ugly, just a bit boring. I think I'm gonna skip it :poot: I wasn't expecting that, I thought this would have been a KILLER DUET but :awkney:

Just now, Mister Gaga said:

So disappointed...such a wasted collaboration between two of our age's best singers. Worst song on the album imo.

I agree. 

Kindness rules all.

The production on this song scalps me every time. Sounds like a female power anthem straight out of the 70's. The bridge is everything! Absolutely one of my favourites in Gaga's whole catalogue so far.  :sara:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

BABYL0N

This songs production surprised me so much :stalkga: when I heard the snippet I thought it's going to be Colbie Caillat-like (no hate on Colbie Caillat but it sounded so country-ish to me) but when I heard the full song gosh it is actually an amazing slow pop song a la Michael Jackson & Elton John and the vocals are just heaven to my ears!! so in love with this album

swordstalker

I was pretty disappointed the first time I heard it, and I had low expectations for after the snippet. But the second time I heard it, everything just clicked and I think it may be my favourite Gaga song ever. The psychedelic synths, the slow boiling melody that is just enough to make it catchy but not overwhelm the incredible instrumental, the perfect vocal chemistry. This isn't the song I thought I wanted, but it's the song Gaga knew I needed, and my goodness, did she deliver the goods. The chickens have come home to roost, the cows have been milked and the fall harvest is complete. All is right in the world. Amen. 

Bradley

BEST SONG OF 2016

BEST SONG ON JOANNE ALONG WITH SINNER'S PRAYER

I CAN'T

I HAVE NEVER BEEN PROUDER

THIS SONG MADE HER A LEGEND.

Luv u Sum

I love the vibe of the song!!! And gagas voice is so cute!!!! But can we please talk about those synths and the bridge :giveup::giveup::giveup:

Rebel Heart

This is honestly in my top 5 Gaga songs of all time :diane: I honestly cannot believe how amazing this song is. I am snatched. The 3-year wait was worth it just for this one song.

Hey Girl is the best song of Gaga's career #Justice4HeyGirl

4 hours ago, boobtank said:

Imagine a music video of them just making love in the middle of a field :giveup:

I could literally die.  These two ladies are among my favourite people on the planet. Pure genius, you know that kind of genius that comes out from pain and struggles

AyaKara
1 hour ago, Rebel Heart said:

I know right? I literally can't listen to the album without skipping to this song. I had it on while eating dinner and doing the dishes :smh:

THE NlGHT
21 hours ago, Creyk said:

I hate that woman so much. It would be better with Gaga only. Oh well she will be forced to sing it alone if she performs it on tour anyway.

PLEASE go to church and repent for this sin against the good Sister Florence:saladga:

Jenniferella

I just listened to the whole album for the first time and it's one of my personal highlights of Joanne !

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived