💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Jeff answers questions about Joanne

yxi

Featured Posts

What about Million Reasons?
The song Million Reasons is a song about her fans. It's really inspiring and moving. Think Rachel Platten's "Fight Song".

What about Come To Mama?
Come To Mama probably received the strongest reaction so I'm surprised people didn't comment on it. People were LIVING for the lyrics and her delivery. It's very tongue-in-cheek with lyrics like "come to mama, i'll put on your pajamas, come to mama, i want no more drama" It's probably the most rock'n'roll sounding track on the album and the most fun one.

What about John Wayne?
If you like You & I, you will like John Wayne. Big rock singalong tea.

Could you rank your favourite songs and the possible singles?
My favorites are Ayo, Angel Down, Diamond Heart, Dancing In Circles, Sinners Prayer.
I feel like there are no real duds on this album, but I would need more listens to really rate each song.
Ayo, Diamond Heart and Angel Down are definitely going to be singles...

Did she really say that Perfect Illusion isnt an indication of what this album may sound?
Yes and no.
The album is more organic sounding than Perfect Illusion. More real instruments and less production, more stripped down moments, guitars, strings, piano, sax, etc.

What about the vocals?
She doesn't do the rock vocal from Perfect Illusion and Dope on all songs. It's mostly in the ones with a stronger rock influence.
On the majority of her album, her voice sounds soothing. Even though there are some tougher tracks like PI, this album is more about showing Gaga's vulnerable side. And the vocals reflect that.

What about A-YO?
Ayo is going to be a great song to perform live. It has that group energy like "We Will Rock You".

So no Dope/TIHTY vocals on all songs right?
No. There's some when she's rocking out, but most of the album is actually in a new singing style that sort of reminds me of Norah Jones.

Norah Jones style as in Little Broken Hearts with Danger Mouse?
I don't know all of her discography, but Gaga's vocals reminded me of "Come Away With Me" and "Sunrise" on many songs.

Are there any pure piano ballads? I've wanted songs like that from Gaga for so long...even speechless had more instruments than just piano. Is there a song/songs with just Gaga and the piano?
Angel Down (Work Tape) is piano and acoustic guitar only.

I was told that there is more than 5 mins on each song from Joanne? Is it true?
Honestly, I have no idea about track/album length.
I wasn't paying attention to time and we had breaks where some tracks would be described.
But I'd say Perfect Illusion is the shortest song on the album. Not 100% sure, though.
Now that I think about it, Angel Down demo also sounded quite short. It's more like an outro...

I haven't heard anyone describe Sinners Prayer yet - can you briefly describe how it sounds if you don't mind?
If Rolling Stones made a record inspired by Heavy Metal Lover, it would be Sinners Prayer. It sounds ****ing good.

What do you think about all the opinions that the album is very country-sounding? Is it just one song or something more?
As I already said, the country description is not correct. I would say it's soulful rock pop. It has the DNA of pop, but the added quality of real rock instrumentation, soulful vocals, jazzy simplicity and yes - even some country twang.
But it's silly to call it country, despite it having some elements of it in certain songs.

What about Diamond Heart?
Diamond Heart is a pop mid tempo love song. It's the beginning of the album, the moment of bliss and happiness she had while she was in love and then as the album goes on to explore heartbreak, rage, death, and ultimately finding strength in your darkness again.

Angel Down is going to be the new Dope?
Not at all.
"I was just another angel down in a vacant paradise"

Anything sound similar or remind you of something Gaga has done before or is it all a new/fresh direction?
Most of the album feels very fresh, especially in contrast with her more electropop sounding music.
If you are a real fan who followed her deep album cuts and her pre-Lady Gaga days, it's still the Lady Gaga you know and love.
I would say John Wayne has a similar energy/sound to You & I.

Can you give a simple description of each track of the tracklist?
Here's 1 word for each track so I don't spoil too much
01. Diamond Heart = Big
02. A-Yo = Fun
03. Joanne = Light
04. John Wayne = Classic
05. Dancin’ In Circles = Funky
07. Million Reasons = Uplifting
08. Sinner’s Prayer = Dark
09. Come To Mama = Sexy
10. Hey Girl = Sweet
11. Angel Down = Sad
12. Grigio Girls = Surprising
13. Just Another Day = Jazzy
14. Angel Down (Work Tape) = Raw

The album will leave real music fans satisfied. ATRL will be severely confused, but I think they will appreciate a few songs.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LetsGetHigh

I'm so ready for Ayo, it seems like a huge banger. And Sinner's Prayer sounding a bit like HML. No Dope vocals too. I'm so excited now.

2lXtWsS.gif

And who cares about what "ATRL" thinks? Who the **** cares?

Anyway, I'm sooo excited. Let's see if she really makes A-Yo and Diamond Heart singles. 

6 minutes ago, symphonia said:

The album will leave real music fans satisfied. ATRL will be severely confused.

Yas kween, perplex the shallow twinks. Show them what music sounds like

tumblr_inline_mrt7naQ9Xm1qjpss7.gif 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

7 minutes ago, symphonia said:

most of the album is actually in a new singing style that sort of reminds me of Norah Jones.

That's GOOD

BLACKOUTbritney
7 minutes ago, symphonia said:

The album is more organic sounding than Perfect Illusion. More real instruments and less production, more stripped down moments, guitars, strings, piano, sax, etc.

If Rolling Stones made a record inspired by Heavy Metal Lover, it would be Sinners Prayer. It sounds ****ing good.

OMFG THIS HAS ME SO EXCITED

A ROCK SONG INSPIRED BY HML 

WE DONT HAVE LONG :giveup:

SO READY FOR AYO AND DANCING IN CIRCLES AS WELL

HYPE ME JEFF, HYPE THE F**K OUT OF ME

tumblr_inline_o69z6p21bN1qa47bj_500.gif

Paper Gangsta
3 minutes ago, Levine said:

And who cares about what "ATRL" thinks? Who the **** cares?

Anyway, I'm sooo excited. Let's see if she really makes A-Yo and Diamond Heart singles. 

that person posted it on atrl so that's why he said that :laughga:

Archived