Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne era will take off in February

iCpro

Featured Posts

Unless it's already gained traction and popularity by then if Gaga really is doing the Super Bowl then the era will definitely blow up afterwards, it's almost unavoidable. For reference I charted the Google trends of the 2014 and 2015 performers - Bruno Mars and Katy Perry, and those two huge spikes are their super bowl performances.

dJ9WH5T.png

Both of their most searched weeks EVER was their super bowl week. Now the only problem here is that neither of them were in an album era during their performance, so the interest dropped pretty rapidly afterwards. But Gaga's performance will be smack bang in the middle of the Joanne era, so all it will take is a little extra promo from Bobby around and after the Super Bowl to maintain the interest and the era will really take off.

Also her sales will most likely see a spike as well, but by how much is uncertain. For instance both of Beyonce's performances resulted in a spike of less then 4000 extra copies sold, while Coldplay increased by 73,000 copies following Super Bowl 50.

Super-bowl-50-sales-spike-2016-billboard

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
Just now, iCpro said:

0myKT5j.png

:madge:

releasing a lead in september and starting an era in feb???? not on this planet :laughga:

Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

releasing a lead in september and starting an era in feb???? not on this planet :laughga:

mess I though u were talking about Madge :poot:

I mean, it's not rare for an artist's era to take off until the second or even third single, so I don't think its that unlikely

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, iCpro said:

I mean, it's not rare for an artist's era to take off until the second or even third single, so I don't think its that unlikely

give me an example, who did that? :laughga:

also madonna kicked off mdna era in feb, bc gmayl was released in feb

2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

give me an example, who did that? :laughga:

also madonna kicked off mdna era in feb, bc gmayl was released in feb

The Pinkprint - Nicki Minaj:

The first single Pills n Potions was released in May 2014 and peaked at #24, and the second single Anaconda was released in August and peaked at #2

I can't think of any more examples right now though cause it's 11pm and I'm tired :madge:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

KleinGa

If Perfect Illusion is indicative of the album success, the album would be dead by then and tbh the GP will go buy TF/TFM, BTW and maybe AP... Joanne will still be boycotted. 

She will gain traction but not for this album...

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, iCpro said:

The Pinkprint - Nicki Minaj:

The first single Pills n Potions was released in May 2014 and peaked at #24, and the second single Anaconda was released in August and peaked at #2

I can't think of any more examples right now though cause it's 11pm and I'm tired 

That doesnt mean she kicked off the era in august :saladga:

KleinGa
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

Exactly, she started the era with Pills and Potions. 

And as I said, the GP will buy all of Gagz old stuff, they'll ignore PI and Joanne.

3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I didn't say kick off, I said take off, meaning it will gain popularity :neyde:

Kick off - begin or cause something to begin.

Take off -  become successful or popular.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, iCpro said:

I didn't say kick off, I said take off, meaning it will gain popularity :neyde:

Kick off - begin or cause something to begin.

Take off -  become successful or popular.

No :saladga:

Archived