44 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

10k this week? DAMN. 

:/ 

from kwob, 100k(1st week)   13k(week ending 22nd)   -86%

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
retrosexual123

Tbh I can tell Gaga is not giving two fcks about the charts... she talks about this feeling like she is reborn and she is 'new' on the scene all over again...

well, gaga, if you remember well, with Just Dance and Poker Face, you played every single night at a Club and tonnes of worldwide TV shows. I know you don't care too much cause you're rich now and have proved yourself but still, if Joanne sells less than Cheek to cheek did, you can say goodbye to mainstream pop... thats what I say...

On 22/09/2016 at 3:11 PM, retrosexual123 said:

Tbh I can tell Gaga is not giving two fcks about the charts... she talks about this feeling like she is reborn and she is 'new' on the scene all over again...

well, gaga, if you remember well, with Just Dance and Poker Face, you played every single night at a Club and tonnes of worldwide TV shows. I know you don't care too much cause you're rich now and have proved yourself but still, if Joanne sells less than Cheek to cheek did, you can say goodbye to mainstream pop... thats what I say...

I hope to be proved wrong, what I'm seeing now, Joanne could indeed perform worse than Cheek to Cheek. Cheek to Cheek has a wider appeal, from fans to adult, jazz lovers and the huge Tony fan base. But Joanne, I dunno what's the targeted audience, not pop definitely, not for GP for sure, not yet indie, not yet rock. I'm happy if it could get to top 10.

Clearly, fans are divided now. I haven't listened to Joanne, but I hope to be proved wrong.

Bradley
On 9/22/2016 at 3:11 PM, retrosexual123 said:

I oddly agree to this...

I am up for good music and I am able to enjoy music regardless of its chart positions but wouldn't it great to do well critically and also commercially? That helps in funding music videos and tours and live performances and single release which are all artistically related.

She has evolved so much and honestly dont care about the chart success anymore :D
I am genuinely happy for her growth and change!
Perfect illusion grows so much stronger  on me  now

PerchedT for the #53 drop. :poot: And I see some "P.I. is gold" flopsters have started jumping ship with passive aggressive posts. Oh this will be fun. :reductive:

it wasn't laaaahv

Givewaytopeds

People who gave an honest opinion knew this was going to happen, but they're usually in the minority here and get ganged up on.

Then these threads start, and everyone's surprised it wasn't the best thing ever.

ALGAYDO
6 hours ago, Eg Lnrioa said:

Gaga is over

Good. Now she can finally make even better music without worrying about what annoying little managers think :giveup:

Well guys it is harder, not only for Gaga, but for every star, who has achieved major and skyrocketing success with hits like Just Dance, Poker Face, and Bad Romance to be able to maintain that kind of momentum chart wise. We are not in the 80s or even 90s anymore when pop stars had chart longevity mainly because the only outlets were disc purchases and radio, and when new aspiring singers had to earn their way to the limelight. 

Gaga had an incomparable run that made even Madonna insecure. But the reality is that if she is going to focus on chart success, she will need to sell out completely and let others control her career, music and everything in between. This is unlikely to happen cause she is a true artist herself. There is a difference between an artist and working in art. 

And you guys (the whiners) are underestimating both the power of Gaga and the strategic move of her label. Gaga has charisma and an ability to set trends, or to be more accurate changing trends cause she doesn't create new genres in music. Inter scope also put one of the strongest producers in charge of the album for a very valid reason. PI and Joanne may not have the instant yet very short lived success of BTW and more recently ARTPOP, but only time will tell if they are going to be sleeper records. All signs indicate they might. PI is an earworm and stomping song with potential and we know nothing yet about the other song. I'm thinking the second single will have a wider reach. Let's wait and see

darkchylde

y'all are pathetic "worrying" so much about "gaga's success" when the truth is that y'all just want someone to fight over and gaga leaving the mainstream scene won't let you trash other pop girls.

grow up, she did.

7 hours ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Good. Now she can finally make even better music without worrying about what annoying little managers think :giveup:

At this point I think not many people think about her at all.

ALGAYDO
40 minutes ago, mic said:

At this point I think not many people think about her at all.

I'm 100% okay with that. I'm a fan of the music, not the bling. 

Archived