đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Rolling Stone: The Fame One Of "Greatest Debut Albums Of All Time"

gagzus

Featured Posts

gagzus

Rolling Stone has proclaimed Gaga's debut album as the #1 greatest debut album of all time.

1. 'The Fame'

rs-138704-ladygaga-306-1363702871.jpg

Lady Gaga
Interscope, 2009

The title sounded like wishful thinking when Stefani Germanotta's album arrived in August 2008 to a shrug from radio programmers and record-buyers. By the spring of 2009, though, Germanotta, aka Lady Gaga, was famous indeed. Gaga's debut was a game-charger, making dark, booming dance-pop—buoyed by the almighty four-on-the-floor thump of Eurodisco—the dominant sound of the global charts. And it introduced the world to an outrageously plus-sized form of pop divadom—to a provocateur and fashion plate who treated the whole world as her red carpet. Those paparazzi she sang about weren't just metaphorical, after all.

source

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

I wholeheartedly agree! :golfclap:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Iwontell

Rolling Stone not "stoning" and actually praising Gaga..?
That's weird...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

The album is legendary tho seriously.

I mean the title alone...  The Fame and then having that out of this world peak......  songs like Poker Face (while being the most mysterious pop girl),  Paparazzi (while being most followerd) ...

What a prophecy.  Queen believed herself and she got everything :giveup:

Poissonche

It's great and the truth, but now I'll have trust issues with this magazine. The Fame came out in 2008, not 2009 :grr:

Archived