Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

BRITNEY: Karen A&R Interview (Article)

BuzzcutSeason

Featured Posts

BuzzcutSeason

We all know legendary Karen from A&R right? Responsible for the amazing work on Glory, and believing in Britney.

She did an interview....

Karen Kwak, the executive producer of “Glory,” came onboard after “Pretty Girls.” “[‘Pretty Girls’] wasn’t original,” she says. “Britney wanted to do things that were fresh and unexpected this time.”

It shows in the album, with sexually themed songs, such as “Do You Wanna Come Over?” and “Clumsy,” and a variety of styles — dance-pop, R&B and even a track sung in French.

“There was never a moment where she was given a song, and anybody said, ‘This is a hit. You have to sing it,’ ” adds Kwak. “Britney pursued the songs she wanted to do for herself. She came up with concepts and melodies. It’s her baby.”

The regular Las Vegas shows have given Britney structure and helped put the mess behind her.

“It’s like being an athlete. If you’re doing it that much, you’re getting yourself into shape,” says Kwak. “She was always ready to work during the album sessions, and it was very important to her to be done by a certain time so she could pick up her boys [Sean and Jayden] from school.”

Link: http://nypost.com/2016/08/25/britney-spears-to-stage-comeback-at-site-of-her-most-public-failure/

karen seems amazing, she pulls out the best in britney. and great for britney to pull through with glory :golfclap:

Bayonetta

It's so great to know one of her best albums (glory) was the one she herself worked the hardest on tbh

Slayer

I really want to love Glory but I just don't. :(

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

fede ARTPOP

If I were her A&R she would have an album with at least 5 fking anthems hits:gaycat:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Archived