other

UMG reportedly bans streaming exclusives

Bolkins

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iwontell

This is good news. Exclusivity deals weren't coming to benefit the consumers, but for huge companies to make more profit by forcing fans to pay for their services, and for rich artists to get money more quickly by selling the rights to stream their albums...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

retroglamx
8 minutes ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

At least the threads of LG5 being an Apple Music exclusive will stop.

giphy.gif

7mFvFfY.gif

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

KURUSHITOVSKA

YASSS GAGA GET THOSE REAL SALES

AVOID FRAUDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta taråntula?

That's great! Those exclusive things were getting annoying 

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

artRaver
10 minutes ago, Azor Ahai said:

It only encourages piracy anyway. People are not going to buy monthly subscription for an album.

LBR People regardless would still engage in piracy as much as they do now even if there weren't streaming exclusives then cry about the sales. I mean for God sakes I already see it now but there's going to be people crying on Twitter when Perfect Illusion drops asking others to gift them a $1.29 single  

Honestly, majority of music stans are going to school I don't see what's hard about just proving your a student and getting a $5.00 subscription especially with the amount of times a lot of people including myself spend huge amounts of money on fast food/eating out.  😭

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

FATCAT

Exclusives have never been about anything but money. Tidal was about artists getting payed more, Apple exclusives were about drawing in more users and crushing competition, hence more money.

This is good for music EVERYWHERE. Can't wait to listen to Lemonade on Spotify :hor:

Purr more, hiss less.

freebit

On one hand, her not being tied down will help her streams, thus possibly success everywhere else. OTOH, I was kind of hoping she sealed a deal with Apple just so they would promote her all over the place. 

Archived