💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

No Man's Sky PC Release Isn't Doing Too Well

ryanripley

Featured Posts

Pearlfection
14 minutes ago, Iwontell said:

I though of buying it, but I've already played Spore about 10 years ago, so what's the point...? :excuseu:
I preordered Watchdogs 2 instead.
#BuyWatchdogs2onPSN (but #BuyFinalFantasyXVonPSN first!)

I've been waiting for FFXV for like 8 years now, back then it was Final Fantasy VersusXIII, so yeah #BuyFinalFantasyXVonPSN! After ffxv will come out the next thing i will probably wait for 8 next years will be LG5 :giveup:...

15 minutes ago, Knife said:

I was super into this game when I first started playing, but all the constant item management and the fact that you basically do the same **** on every planet you visit has left me burned out and uninterested.

I'll probably play till I reach the center of the universe and then never pick it up again.

Think of it this way, at the fastest, you will probably get to the center of the universe in about 40 hours. That is already more time than most $60 games give you. Even then, this game will be continuously updated with new content (like a building bases).

Pity Party
34 minutes ago, Iwontell said:

I though of buying it, but I've already played Spore about 10 years ago, so what's the point...? :excuseu:
I preordered Watchdogs 2 instead.
#BuyWatchdogs2onPSN (but #BuyFinalFantasyXVonPSN first!)

Are you ok sis? 

Iwontell
8 minutes ago, Pity Party said:

Are you ok sis? 

LOL, the worst part is I really think it's going to be an ok game :laughga: and I finished almost everything there was to do in the first game (except for those VR challenges, cuz ain't nobody got time for that), so it wasn't that bad...

I know, it's Ubisoft, I'm going to have to download 16 patches before the game runs properly and the graphical downgrade is going to piss me off at first, but I had already preordered everything else I was interested in, it was the next in line...

Oh, lord, I hope it doesn't sucks....

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:06 PM, Enigma said:

Think of it this way, at the fastest, you will probably get to the center of the universe in about 40 hours. That is already more time than most $60 games give you. Even then, this game will be continuously updated with new content (like a building bases).

I spent about 150 hours on Xenoblade Chronicles X and I wasn't bored for any of it.

I don't want to play a driving simulator for 40 hours to get to the center of the universe to find more planets that look exactly like all the other ones. It's interesting, but you have to try very hard to find the fun.

27 minutes ago, uo111 said:

I spent about 150 hours on Xenoblade Chronicles X and I wasn't bored for any of it.

I don't want to play a driving simulator for 40 hours to get to the center of the universe to find more planets that look exactly like all the other ones. It's interesting, but you have to try very hard to find the fun.

Well most campaigns in AAA games last about 15 hours at most (unless you are playing multiplayer). So what I am saying is that if you are into exploring games, you will at least find 40 hours of enjoyment in NMS which is already 3 times the amount you play in other games. Now, getting to the center of the universe is not the only goal as the game also has an ATLAS storyline that is revealed as you discover ancient monuments and the storyline is actually interesting. Also, NMS is more than just a driving simulator. You can sell, buy, trade, discover, mine, craft, name planets and species, shoot, fly, and in the future you will be able to build bases (plus continuous free updates). So just because you don't like how any of these game play aspects work it doesn't mean that the game is just a driving simulator.

Just now, Enigma said:

Well most campaigns in AAA games last about 15 hours at most (unless you are playing multiplayer). So what I am saying is that if you are into exploring games, you will at least find 40 hours of enjoyment in NMS which is already 3 times the amount you play in other games. Now, getting to the center of the universe is not the only goal as the game also has an ATLAS storyline that is reveal as you discover ancient monuments and that is actually interesting. Also, NMS is more than just a driving simulator. You can sell, buy, trade, discover, mine, craft, name planets and species, shoot, fly,  ect, So just because you don't like how any of these game play aspects work it doesn't mean that the game is just a driving simulator.

I haven't played the game only watched videos, so I just assumed you meant that getting to the center is 40 hours of travel time in the game. Buy, sell, trade and craft is the item system. Name, explore, and fly is the exploration system. And shoot is the combat system. That's really all their is to do. Manage inventory, explore, or fight. Exploring is the same thing over and over and the combat and trading system aren't stellar.

I don't play games that last 15 hours for 60 dollars. But even if I did, 15 hours of fun is worth much more than 40 hours of boring. I'm sure there are people in the world who could have thousands of hours of fun with this game. But it would only take 15 minutes to figure out if your that type of person and most people will not be.

10 minutes ago, uo111 said:

I haven't played the game only watched videos, so I just assumed you meant that getting to the center is 40 hours of travel time in the game. Buy, sell, trade and craft is the item system. Name, explore, and fly is the exploration system. And shoot is the combat system. That's really all their is to do. Manage inventory, explore, or fight. Exploring is the same thing over and over and the combat and trading system aren't stellar.

I don't play games that last 15 hours for 60 dollars. But even if I did, 15 hours of fun is worth much more than 40 hours of boring. I'm sure there are people in the world who could have thousands of hours of fun with this game. But it would only take 15 minutes to figure out if your that type of person and most people will not be.

First, if you like exploring, surviving, and crafting this game will definitely give you a lot of hours of entertainment. And I would hope that the people buying this game would already know what to expect from it. Now the fact that you keep saying that the game looks boring tells me that you are not these type of people. But you can't claim that this game is boring for everyone because there are arleady millions of people enjoying the game.

Just now, Enigma said:

First, if you like exploring, surviving, and crafting this game will definitely give you a lot of hours of entertainment. And I would hope that the people buying this game would already know what to expect from it. Now the fact that you keep saying that the game looks boring tells me that you are not these type of person. But you can't claim that this game is boring for everyone because there are arleady millions of people enjoying the game.

I didn't say the game was boring for everyone but it is not gonna capture the interest of most people for very long at all. I don't think it's a good idea to tell someone to buy a 60 dollar game they will most likely be bored with just because it may last longer than Uncharted's 10 hour campaign.

This game exist for the sole purpose of exploring planets and that's fine, but people looking for something more than that (which is most people considering how it was marketed) are gonna be disappointed. There are plenty of games with massive amounts of exploration and good gameplay systems in place as well. The gameplay is an afterthought in this game.

Please don't imply that first week sales indicate longer term player enjoyment.

1 hour ago, uo111 said:

I didn't say the game was boring for everyone but it is not gonna capture the interest of most people for very long at all. I don't think it's a good idea to tell someone to buy a 60 dollar game they will most likely be bored with just because it may last longer than Uncharted's 10 hour campaign.

This game exist for the sole purpose of exploring planets and that's fine, but people looking for something more than that (which is most people considering how it was marketed) are gonna be disappointed. There are plenty of games with massive amounts of exploration and good gameplay systems in place as well. The gameplay is an afterthought in this game.

Please don't imply that first week sales indicate longer term player enjoyment.

I wasn't telling anyone to buy the game. I was responding to someone that already has the game. But since I do have the game, I can tell you that you can actually have fun with it for a good amount of time if you like exploring, crafting, and surviving. In other words the things you do are definitely repetitive but if you actually try to accomplish the goals of going to the center and to try to figure out the full story line (which is surprisingly very interesting), then suddenly those game play aspects become interesting because you are using them as a means to a end. You suddenly really want to upgrade your space suit, gun, and spaceship, and find formulas to craft new technologies in order to continue the story. Also, the planets are not as samey as many people make them out to be. Because this game is procedural generated you do find many similarities, but the planets still have a good amount of variation within their color schemes, the animal species, the plant life, cave systems, water systems, resources, and environment/weather to the point where you do feel like you are landing in different planets. Add this to the fantastic music and artistic visuals and this game becomes an very unique experience. Anyways like you said this game is definitely not for everyone but many people will certainly love it.  

RAMROD

What game is this, another one man shooters? :wtf:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Goosey
21 hours ago, Enigma said:

So what I am saying is that if you are into exploring games, you will at least find 40 hours of enjoyment in NMS which is already 3 times the amount you play in other games.

I know people with over 2,000 hours in some games.

Just 40 hours? Did you miss a zero?

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

3 hours ago, Goosey said:

I know people with over 2,000 hours in some games.

Just 40 hours? Did you miss a zero?

Believe it or not, most AAA games last about 15-20 hours at most. The replayability comes from the multiplayer aspect of the games or retrying the campaigns at higher difficulties. And many people don't play multiplayer at all. Those 2,000 hours of game play come only through strictly multiplayer games. And NMS is much more a campaign/free roaming hybrid than a multiplayer. Also the 40 hours is only taking into account that you only do one of the two main goals in NMS, and accomplishing it at the fastest speed possible. Completing both of the main goals at normal place will take at least above 100 hours. Now, if you actually want to explore, then the game is unlimited (that is of course if you did like the game).

Archived