Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

M.I.A. slams MTV VMAs for 'racism sexism classism elitism'

Coop

Featured Posts

politicqxs
7 hours ago, NewYorkCity said:

lmao I can't when they do this ****. Stop.

Racism? When most of the nominations are for black people? Drake, rihanna, beyonce (the most nominated of the night and lmao that video is literally about racism and defending black people :toofunny:). Sexism when they are mostly women? wtf

Well it's racist because few south asians are being nominated 

giving up sodomy and moving to 🇦🇪 converting to ☪ and marrying four girls

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
politicqxs
5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Her outrage is so predictable, it almost looks like a parody, like she had a bet to see how many "ism's" she could accuse them of. 

Well that's the classic M.I.A. .. Sounds like she's half blasting the VMAs, half mocking Azealia Banks/Nicki Minaj.. (and half being self-deprecatory..) 

Evan Peters
16 minutes ago, Licq said:

Well it's racist because few south asians are being nominated 

just because every race isn't nominated doesn't make the show racist, let's not :rip: 

emma roberts is an abuser

politicqxs
11 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

just because every race isn't nominated doesn't make the show racist, let's not  

well if black people are not being nominated, it doesn't make the show racist either .. there are Latinas like shakira anyways. Since when black people have become the token minority for countering racism at the VMAs?

politicqxs
8 hours ago, Thomas P said:

She can shut up. Beyoncé is the most nominated person, and her most nominated video is one that's deals with racial issues. 

Most black americans are just as racist and xenophobic as white americans are anyways, considering both axl rose and ice cube had a career. The white VMAs and black Americans don't want someone who's more progressive than they are 

FrankGutz
9 hours ago, Red said:

Dear MIA, Nicki has already done this last year. You are late to the party.

Unlike NICKI, MIA is talented and has a point, stay pressedT

She better drag those ****ers, VMAS are a joke rn, they use to be pretty rad back then

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

politicqxs
9 hours ago, DominicB said:

Getting tired of every artist who screams victimization, when their art class paintings aren't put in the school's hallway

Well the majority of America has been getting tired of Kendrick Lamar and nicki minaj  screaming victimization, when their so-called "art" getting nominated at the grammys (a joke that's slightly more serious)

Kermit
5 minutes ago, Licq said:

Well the majority of America has been getting tired of Kendrick Lamar and nicki minaj  screaming victimization, when their so-called "art" getting nominated at the grammys (a joke that's slightly more serious)

I'm not aware of the entirety of your statement's manner. Though, I have to say that I do not share your (possible) perception of Kendrick. Onika has not of any rational grounds to become poisonous, when her material, solidly based on the objectification of women & men, consists of obnoxious lyrics and lesser meaning, doesn't receive an emblem for one of the most productive, constructive and inspiring releases, in that time. My previous statement about exhaustion of those whom are ungrateful for their status and are unaware of symbolic priorities, still stands. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

politicqxs
24 minutes ago, DominicB said:

I'm not aware of the entirety of your statement's manner. Though, I have to say that I do not share your (possible) perception of Kendrick. Onika has not of any rational grounds to become poisonous, when her material, solidly based on the objectification of women & men, consists of obnoxious lyrics and lesser meaning, doesn't receive an emblem for one of the most productive, constructive and inspiring releases, in that time. My previous statement about exhaustion of those whom are ungrateful for their status and are unaware of symbolic priorities, still stands. 

well, I do not share your (possible) perception of MIA, who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars for resettlement of refugees and has released one of the most productive, constructive and inspiring works of our time and has always been truly progressive.

FrankGutz
4 minutes ago, Licq said:

I do not share your (possible) perception of MIA, who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars for resettlement of refugees and has released one of the most productive, constructive and inspiring works of our time and has always been truly progressive.

:tea::applause:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Kermit
1 minute ago, Licq said:

I do not share your (possible) perception of MIA, who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars for resettlement of refugees and has released one of the most productive, constructive and inspiring works of our time and has always been truly progressive.

It is fine, that you do not share my perception and/or opinion. I find Mathangi exceptional as an artist and activist, yet I do not agree with her statement(s). I don't recall denying her of her commendable acts, only that i'm in fact, exhausted of artists who expect the more than what some people of lesser visions can offer (You really think the same network, who allowed Miley Cyrus of her inappropriate decisions, at 2013's VMAs, is going to address those who have done outstanding work?). Your previous reference to other artists, whom happened to have also come off in similar manners to MIA's, and your current statement make it seem as if MIA is the only artist who has done charitable things, but has yet to receive a material that has no value, when it comes to your internal intentions and good-doing. Awards do not pass beyond with ANYONE, when it comes time for life's end, at the end of the day, it's material, not abstemiousness. It's about as off as one agreeing to support others, if they are rewarded profits, and not because it's the right thing to do.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

AlexanderLevi2
56 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

Unlike NICKI, MIA is talented and has a point, stay pressedT

She better drag those ****ers, VMAS are a joke rn, they use to be pretty rad back then

Nicki is talented though :grr: Stop bringing down artists to make your faves seem better.

Currently listening to Joanne

AlexanderLevi2
59 minutes ago, Licq said:

Most black americans are just as racist and xenophobic as white americans are anyways, considering both axl rose and ice cube had a career. The white VMAs and black Americans don't want someone who's more progressive than they are 

So you use a rap song to make your conclusion? Or your anecdote experiences with racist blacks?

Sit down, girl.

Currently listening to Joanne

Iwontell

Girl, you know it has nothing to do with those "isms"...and I'm actually surprised that you care so much about the VMAs to the point of ranting about it on twitter...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Archived