Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP was a commercial success

DiscoStyx

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gaganow said:

I actually regretted posted this topic as soon as I posted it. :emma: I didn't think about the mess it could be and the hate I could get :icega:

aww we don't hate you. Dont worry about it.

FATCAT
4 hours ago, UK Monster said:

:queenga: She should be proud of the whole ARTPOP era it should be viewed as a success. My only wish was for it to have gone on for longer and I wanted a couple more videos but the music was good quality and dwuw was big here

In what way should she be proud of it? Why should we view that mess as a success?

Purr more, hiss less.

JustAnotherDay

ARTPOP was a commercial success, it had great first week sales and decent overall sales, it had a top 5 single, a top ten promo single, a top 15 single, and a top 40 promo single. Not many people do that, not to mention she was up against many very big songs at the time and Applause had great longevity. ARTPOP is only considered a flop because it didn't meet the standards of her previous albums which were giant successes. And for a flop album it did pretty well, Kelly Clarkson's My December and Piece By Piece both had the highest single peak at number 8, Pink's Try This didn't have a single reach the top 60, Christina Aguielra's Bionjc didn't have a top 20 single, Britney Spears' Britney Jean didn't have a top ten single, Madonna hasn't had a solo top ten hit since 2005 and she has only had two with features since then. ARTPOP did decent, it may not have been as successful as her previous albums but it was successful by any normal measures. 

was NickARTPOP

ComeToMama

We may not have got outstanding sales and chart perfomance, but we did get...

- #1 Billboard album 

- pop masterpiece Applause

- two great music videos

- Inez & Vinoodh photoshoot :wub:

- some really great live performances

I love ARTPOP and some good things did come from this era. 

FATCAT
4 hours ago, NickARTPOP said:

ARTPOP was a commercial success

ARTPOP did decent

Pick-one-GIF.gif?gs=a

Purr more, hiss less.

DiscoStyx
1 minute ago, BabyDory said:

We may not have got outstanding sales and chart perfomance, but we did get...

- #1 Billboard album 

- pop masterpiece Applause

- two great music videos

- Inez & Vinoodh photoshoot :wub:

- some really great live performances

I love ARTPOP and some good things did come from this era. 

After seeing you avi/username, I would have liked your comment no matter what you'd said :wub:

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

Fiona Apple

It was definitely commercially successful.Simply not for her standards

SlaeUrAnus

It was commercially successful, but an underperformance compared to her previous work.

Plus, I hated the era and I had lukewarm reception towards the album. I just didn't feel it compared to the connection I had with TFM and BTW.

In my messy era.

Delulu Rogers

The album started off successful but compared to her other sales 2.5 M was very low. However as the era went on, lack of singles, promo, management, videos, blackouts and empty promises influenced the negative attitudes of the media and affected radio play so, the album as a whole seemed liked it flopped. (Not to mention ARTPOP was hard to relate to and drowned in confusing and complicated meanings) Plus the era was short and from december-march we got nothing from her so the GP quickly forgot about her and the album while katy and miley filled the void.

djBuffoon

It's my second favorite of her albums (behind Born This Way), however I can see both sides for how it was both a respectable seller in 2013 and, for a phenomenon like Gaga, a commercial letdown. 

I just get satisfaction that most of her pop contemporaries started flopping one way or another after ARTPOP.

DiscoStyx
1 minute ago, Klou said:

I just get satisfaction that most of her pop contemporaries started flopping one way or another after ARTPOP.

Same :laughga:

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

Archived