💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Troy Carter on Meghan Trainor and the music business.

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Troy talks with Billboard on rebranding Meghan Trainor and his insights on a successful talent company in the music business.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7348379/troy-carter-interview-atom-factory-meghan-trainor-diversity-gaga

The fact that NØ was the last song added to the album after a meeting with LA Reid is scary and then a couple more were added after NØ makes me think they needed to add some more commercial singles to the album. Did he not believe in Meghan 's album the same way he didn't believe in ARTPOP? 

IMO the writer isn't really buying into what he is saying. Also I don't think the stripped back approach helped Meghan in any way. Most of the critiques on the video for NØ was that it was too simple. I really hope he doesn't ruin this girls career. I have a love-hate relationship with Meghan. I kinda liked "All About That Base." I loathed "Lips Are Moving" and "Dear Future Husband" and I loved "Like I'm Going To Lose You" but I respect her because she writes all her own songs and exec produced both albums. She has also written a lot for Rascal Flats and Fifth Harmony including the song Sledghammer for Fifth Harmony. 

Hopefully she dumps Troy soon. I really think she deserves better. :neyde:

I also hope she releases "Better" as the second single. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JEWRJEWR

still trying to promote that phat bitch?.

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Red

RUN MEGHAN RUUUNNNNN

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

GagaMyBlood95

He did some amazing things with Gaga, I have do admit that, but based on this and many other interviews, I just get a feeling that he is super controlling and that it's his way or no way.. That's probably what Gaga could not accept.

I hope Meghan finds a way to work with him in the long run, and still be happy..

OmgSum1Actually

Don't act like Troy is a complete douche, I mean just remember how many times Gaga thanked him when receiving awards "best manager girl could have"

I don't want to be delusional, but I think it wasn't just his fault. 

Shameless selfpromo

giskardsb

I think there are clues there to exactly why Gaga and Troy had creative differences.  So his answer to "re-branding" Meghan, who didn't need rebranding, was to make her "different" by putting out a horrible song that sounds exactly like everything else in the pop world.  This is why the pop industry sucks.

Versace

LOL 

I feel Meghan was better off giving us a second doo-wop album cause it's such a rare genre during this time and she could have taken it into new places instead of changing her sound. What Meghan is doing now is so outdated, it sounds ugly, her new album sounds like a cheesy cringe-worthy messy mix-tape and this is based on my judgment on half the album, I will wait to hear the other half before I make a final judgment. 

PopThatArt

Hopefully they both disappear.

Go see A Star is Born

Quartz

Why do people here suddenly hate NO?

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Runway

"No" has "TROY CARTER" written all over it. A front-loaded mess a la BTW, except this time it fell off the charts way quicker

StarstruckIllusion

Run away Meghan :(

Red
55 minutes ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

Don't act like Troy is a complete douche, I mean just remember how many times Gaga thanked him when receiving awards "best manager girl could have"

I don't want to be delusional, but I think it wasn't just his fault. 

But that was when she was dominating her industry and pooping money

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Fiona Apple

Stop acting like Troy is the devil.We DON'T know what really happened with Gaga

SamJ

I think the NO music video is really good its sassy fun her hair looks good Imo she dances a bit its fun its simple its exactly what the song was suited to. I didn't know troy carter had anything to do with Meghan but I know that I'm starting to really respect Meghan as an artist I love NO and better more than her earlier stuff. It feels like she is really becoming one of the biggest superstars in the world I'm happy for her. Nah to the ah to the No no no!

Archived