Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce stole "Hold Up" MV concept.

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Blueskye

I don't believe she has claimed to have came up with that idea (correct me if I'm wrong), the concept of running around smashing sh!t up has been done a 1000 times over. This is just people desperate for a reason to hate on her, if she wasn't copying/stealing/inspired by all these other artists then we would probably never have discovered their work in the first place. If she's taking art and using it in her own interpretation it's still art and she's educating/reminding me about other people's art at the same time, I think she's doing a fantastic job at what she does. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joaco95
6 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

This isn't the first time she's been "inspired" by another music video :tea:

*Skip to 2:33 if you hear yourself saying "umm they're not even the same!"

the original was going to be credited but the realease was close and they didn't get any reply from her, so they release and then credited her

Joaco95
2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

:applause: 

To put it in an analogy: 

Gaga makes a collage with cut-outs from well known works of art -- da Vinci's "Mona Lisa"; Botticelli's "The Birth of Venus"; Van Gogh's "Starry Night".

Beyonce takes a painting from an unknown art school grad, puts it in a nice frame, and claims it as her own until someone points out that she didn't actually paint it.

eeek

she never claims all the ideas are from herself

she said single ladies was inspired by bood foose (and most of her videos are)

same with run the world performance

and I'm sure she's not afraid to said they wanted to recreate the video posted on this thread

Joaco95
5 minutes ago, MARLON BRANDO said:

linda-thiefonce.jpg

"breatheheavy"

page almost as pressed as ggd over artist who are more successful adn talented than their fave

PunkTheFunk
Just now, Joaco95 said:

eeek

and I'm sure she's not afraid to said they wanted to recreate the video posted on this thread

:madge:

Epione

This happens when other people do everything for you. She should be more involved in her work. 

StrawberryBlond
10 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

eeek

Sure, she mentions her inspirations when pressed about them. But if she's not asked, she keeps quiet. If it's a homage or a big inspiration, surely she'd want to talk about it without being asked? Keeping quiet about such obvious inspirations rings alarm bells. It certainly doesn't help that these inspirations come from obscure sources that no one else knows about. Surprise, surprise, she wants to keep these unknown inspirations secret so people think they're hers. She did speak about the Single Ladies inspiration without being asked but that was the only instance, I believe.

Iwontell

Good god, guys...it's called a PARODY...
Just google it, for Christ's sake...
Geez...
:poot:

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Meredith Grey

When i clicked this I thought this was going to say she stole the idea from Before He Cheats:poot:

PopThatArt

Of course she did. Some people are just too blinded by the hype surrounding her to see fraudulent activity. 

Go see A Star is Born

PopThatArt
38 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

the original was going to be credited but the realease was close and they didn't get any reply from her, so they release and then credited her

Sure. Receipts?

Go see A Star is Born

Chris Evans

yeah either her/her director have stolen ideas almost identically before but when I saw the Hold Up video I already felt like it had to have been done before so I'm not putting this in the "ripoff" file :flop:

The Child
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow, total rip-off. This isn't the first time Beyonce's done this and it won't be the last. She's also stolen live performance ideas. But she's also not the only one who's done this. Big name artists have been stealing various concepts from unknown artists for decades because they know no one will look into it and they'll never be found out. But now, thanks to the internet, we can find this stuff and call them out on it. This isn't even a homage, it's pure stealing.

THIS. Even Gaga's own fans are too harsh on her. Thing is, a homage is best done for something that everyone knows about. Gaga doing her hair in a high ponytail and wearing a cone bra, for example, isn't stealing, it's a homage because everyone knows that iconic Madonna imagery, so if that immediate connection is there, there's no stealing, just homage. But taking work from an unknown artist that no one will have connections too and therefore, will have no associations with, and passing it off as your own creation, that's stealing. It's like how people won't get an inside joke. If only you are aware of a reference, no one else will understand it, therefore, you could pass it off as your own without any trouble, if you wanted to. If you still want to do a homage in that case, cite your inspiration. But if it's not cited in order to educate the 99% who don't know about it, it's stealing.

I can't like your post cause I've ran out of likes but this will do it: :applause::hug:

52 minutes ago, MARLON BRANDO said:

linda-thiefonce.jpg

I need this picture without the Breathe **** logo and the thiefonce thing. 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Seeka

Oh yes, either that girl or Beyonce invented smashing in car windows.

I cannot possibly roll my eyes any further back.

Archived