💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Meghan Trainor: It's Not JLo's Fault

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Jennifer Lopez has a controversy on her hands and certainly one that she didn't need if she wanted a comeback. 

It all started when the she released her new single "Ain't Your Mama" last week. The song was produced by Dr. Luke.

Music fans attacked JLo for this upon finding out:

Well, Meghan Trainor, who wrote the song, has come to JLo's defense telling the UK's Official Charts:

"[It was] not fair on her, not at all, I texted her the song and she had no idea – she thought I did it alone by myself at my house, which a lot of people think because I do do that."

Did Meghan trick JLo?

Meghan went on to say:

"But I felt terrible when Jennifer got all the hate for [Ain't Your Mama], and it’s just all ridiculous. It’s such a big song for her."

And she didn't miss a chance to shade JLo's last album A.K.A.:

"After the last album, I’ve been listening to this new album and I’m like, it’s night and day. The music is there, the melodies are there and a lot of my songs are self-empowerment songs, and she loved that about my writing."

Was Meghan being sneaky?

Will this hurt JLo?

What are your feelings on the situation?

Source: http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/meghan-trainor-defends-jennifer-lopezs-dr-luke-produced-single-aint-your-mama-its-just-all-ridiculous__14547/

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not like JLo didn't know who is the producer of her song. 

From recording to releasing is not like 5 minutes, so that she don't know such infos

The Surrealist

She texted her the song? Like via DM on Twitter or what? Trainor made it seem like Lopez only knew the lyrics to the song and produced in 10 minutes at home. 

GagaMyBlood95

She obviously knew who the producer was lol

But quite honestly, since nothing was proved on the court, maybe some of you will think this is horrible of me saying, I think she shouldn't be blamed for putting a song out that was produced by him.

It's just a song, I mean, I know he's making money and all that, but still.. I just don't see the big deal here, since again the case was dropped (from whatever reason, we can't be sure..)

So she's basically saying that J.Lo has little to zero input in what she does? That's not really the best thing to say when you're trying to defend someone, but then again there's nothing else one could say about her label's decision to let Luke (out of all people) work on a song that's rather feminist. :smh:

In my opinion the backlash is very much deserved and both Meghan and Jennifer should at least try to not let someone like him produce their music. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to other musicians and labels who are planning to work with him because it's not just Kesha fans who are boycotting his music - it's a majority of Taylor's, Gaga's, Lorde's, Ariana's, Miley's and many more.

Brian Ryan

I appreciate Meghan Trainor speaking out on the issue. The song still sucks. I don't think even if it wasn't produced by Dr. Luke it would do well. No tea. No shade.

Gohan

Meghan is so full of herself to believe her songs are better than others' :awkney:
Bitch, you ain't a legend.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Titzlol
2 minutes ago, Gohan said:

Meghan is so full of herself to believe her songs are better than others' :awkney:

This! . I can't stand her, NO ****ing I dea where she came from... And how she's banking and riding the fame of a song pretending to be a "body positive" song :smh: 

Gypsy Life
3 minutes ago, Gohan said:

She has 4 full albums all written 100% by herself, and she wrote for countless artists in the industry, she has the right to brag :neyde:

VANTABLACK

Meghan trainor stated becoming really cocky ever since she snatched that best new artist at the Grammys, you should watch her new interviews it's cringe worthy.

:saladga:

RAMROD

LOL ofc she will drfend her own song, protect ypur own babies kinda thing.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived